Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old September 9th, 2007, 12:30 AM

WolfsRain226 has disabled reputation
Pure vydar army, is it possible?

i still thnink that Q9-180
2GLAD-160
1BLAST-120
is a alright army, but can vydar have more potential? possibly braxas?
Old September 9th, 2007, 01:33 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!

"English M__ F__. Do You Speak It?"

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 9th, 2007, 04:19 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc

Well played Ninth... Well played. I might have to put this up for post of the year...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old September 9th, 2007, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469
Quote:

Well played Ninth... Well played. I might have to put this up for post of the year...
what do u mean?
Old September 9th, 2007, 06:35 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
He means take the time to type out you whole post instead of the chatroom jibba jabba stuff. I know of a few different Vydar armies that were used at Gencon mine included, but here is the deal...if you cannot take the time to just post and actually spell words then why would I take time to post those armies which I played and had played against me? Its a give and take relationship and you have to be willing to live up to your end of the bargain. Just helping you out.

U Roxxor WR10!!!!! See I did not want to have to type out your screen name so I just added all the numbers. So much easier that way
Old September 9th, 2007, 10:09 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
*sigh* . I love this site.

Normally, posts like these would be dead as fried chicken, but you happen to pull this while I'm in a transitional period so I don't wanna lock it, I wanna help you.

I always play pure armies because it seems to cut down on draft times with the people who don't play that much. Giving them the whole stack of cards makes their eyes glaze over so I just give them 1 general to pick from. In any case,
2x glads
2x blast
Laglor
Agent Carr

Seems to be a pretty good 500 point army.

Q9 180
Nakitas 120
Gnators x2 180

Wouldn't be a terrible 500 point army depending on what you are playing against. It probably wouldn't be tournament worthy due to the Gnator susceptibility from special attacks but it would still be fun to play

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old September 9th, 2007, 11:46 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
My favorite army just happens to be Vydar. Since others have made intelligible posts to this thread, I'll share it:

Q9 - 180
Nakita Agents - 120
Krav Maga Agents - 100
Agent Carr - 100
build total = 500

Strategy - Keep a Nakita with your units to provide defensive support. Place the Naks in front if possible to provide engagement strikes to melee units. Do not bunch your army up in the start zone if your opponent is using the AE.

Strengths - Fast moving agents scattered all over the board makes your opponent lose focus. The entire army is ranged.

Weaknesses - Horde armies with high defense are this army's worst nightmare. I've yet to defeat markwars when he plays 3 squads of Roman Legionnaires with 3 Warlords. Another weakness is that there are not enough figures to keep on the glyphs.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 9th, 2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
He means take the time to type out you whole post instead of the chatroom jibba jabba stuff. I know of a few different Vydar armies that were used at Gencon mine included, but here is the deal...if you cannot take the time to just post and actually spell words then why would I take time to post those armies which I played and had played against me? Its a give and take relationship and you have to be willing to live up to your end of the bargain. Just helping you out.

U Roxxor WR10!!!!! See I did not want to have to type out your screen name so I just added all the numbers. So much easier that way

i feel stupid, and i know now, im sorry, so can u plz tell me your army? and was the one i thought up good?
Old September 9th, 2007, 02:42 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I played Braxas, Q9, and Laglor at the Indy Championships...it took me to the semifinals and should have gotten me into the finals except for some bad rolls. I was very happy with the combo.
Old September 9th, 2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
I played Braxas, Q9, and Laglor at the Indy Championships...it took me to the semifinals and should have gotten me into the finals except for some bad rolls. I was very happy with the combo.
DUDE!! thats crazy, braxas is so tight, and you used pure hero units? that must have been so hard to kill. so is there a tournement level robot army you can use, and what about an army around braxas
Old September 9th, 2007, 02:57 PM
assistant leader

I watched solid Gladiatrons and Blastatrons rule the field all day long
Lone wolf cleaned house with them
Old September 9th, 2007, 03:05 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
Wouldn't Laglor be a must in a Vydar Ranged heavy army? I don't forget to put him in there if do Blastitrons.

And remember the shift key is your best friend. Otherwise your just lazy

Insanity is the best medicine.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion