Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 7th, 2007, 10:36 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Anubian Wolves

The Book of Anubian Wolves
Utgar's Rage - Collection 2 - Minute Men and Wolves

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: The sheer fury of these wild warriors can make even the most fearless foe's blood run cold. Attacking in numbers, often beside an empowering comrade, Anubian Wolves fight with frenzied rage. While the attack is always quick, the demise of the defeated can be dreadfully, painfully slow: these wolves are devourers, so the sweet taste of victory has a very special meaning for them. (Hasbro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
UNLEASHED FURY
Before moving, roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll a 1, choose an Anubian Wolf you control and destroy it.
• If you roll a 2–6, add 1 to the Attack value of this card.
• If you roll a 7–11, add 2 to the Attack value of this card.
• If you roll a 12–15, add 3 to the Attack value of this card.
• If you roll a 16–19, add 4 to the Attack value of this card.
• If you roll a 20, add 8 to the Attack value of this card.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- UNLEASHED FURY : Stacking Each Turn
Does Unleashed Fury stack each turn?
No, Unleashed Fury does not stack. (Hasbro FAQ)

- UNLEASHED FURY : Optional or Mandatory
Can I choose not to roll for Unleashed Fury when activating the Anubian Wolves?
No. You must roll for Unleashed Fury every time you activate the Anubian Wolves. _________________________________________________________________
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
- KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD : Relentless Assault
Having a Relentless personality, Anubian Wolves may benefit from Khosumet the Darklord’s RELENTLESS ASSAULT attack bonus.

- KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD : Unleashed Fury Enhancement
Having the Unleashed Fury ability, Anubian Wolves may benefit from Khosumet the Darklord's UNLEASHED FURY ENHANCEMENT d20 bonus.

- DUMUTEF GUARD : Devourer Attack Enhancement
As devourers, Anubian Wolves may benefit from Dumutef Guard’s DEVOURER ATTACK ENHANCMENT.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Rankings

Jexik: Anubian Wolves- Without bonding or consistency, the Wolves lack some major punch. But with a good roll, the Wolves can take down anything. B-

OEAO: Anubian Wolves- The Anubians are cool. 6 move, 4 defense is great. The problem obviously lies in their special ability. It's very swingy, but a smart player will make sure to set up each turn as if they'll hit a nice roll the next turn. Unfortunately, the same can be said for the opponent; they can make sure that even if you hit that great roll, you can't decimate their army (generally through protecting their key figures and setting up tethers). B-

Cleon: Tier 5 (125/208)

dok (VC inclusive): B-

Master Index
Use with Dumutef Guard?
How many squads per army?

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Anubian Wolves

Last edited by superfrog; March 5th, 2019 at 05:13 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:32 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
"Before moving, roll the 20-sided die..."

Remeber, this is mandatory. When you activate the Army Card, you must roll the die to check if a 1 is rolled. This is true even if you have no intention of moving them (when already engaged as an example).

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old May 20th, 2007, 10:44 PM

Mr.Zolt has disabled reputation
I have to say. I love these guys. Last night during a game I was able to take out half of one army, including Drake in 1 turn. And with just 1 of these guys, the rest weren't needed. Granted I had the attack glyph, high ground, and was constantly rolling 16+ on the Unleashed fury.

Old May 21st, 2007, 12:21 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Zolt
I have to say. I love these guys. Last night during a game I was able to take out half of one army, including Drake in 1 turn. And with just 1 of these guys, the rest weren't needed. Granted I had the attack glyph, high ground, and was constantly rolling 16+ on the Unleashed fury.
I don't use these guys as much as I should.
Guerillinator takes them for a spin more often than I do.

6 Movement with 4 Defense is hefty business. Even if your wolves get wittled down to 1 or 2, the situation for a huge attack can turn a game around.
I had my head stoved in late in a game by Su-Bak-Na.
I was able to activate my last Anubian Wolf and get 6 attack (with height advantage) and reach the Hivelord with the generous movement.
That doggie loved dem bones.
Khosumet was in the starting zone as usual. He didn't do much except keep that '1' in check.
Old May 21st, 2007, 12:34 AM

Guerillinator has disabled reputation
Time to howl at the moon. Man, I used to play the wolves a lot, but haven't as much recently. Everyone probably has their own take on it, but I've got to the point where I like taking one additional squad of wolves over having Khosumet with them given the lack of bonding. I give up the plus one to the dice roll, and may even lose a wolf by rolling a 1, but overall I believe there is more upside to having three extra wolves. My strategy is pretty simple, keep moving wolves up together. If you get a lousy unleashed fury roll, then keep moving more wolves up rather than going in for the attack (if that strategically is workable). Once you get a decent attack roll, +3 or better, send them in. Given their relatively high defense of 4, they are also good at engaging figures as cover for the ranged units in your army.

Now I need to play me some more wolves again soon.

One in a million chances tend to come up nine times out of ten.
Old May 21st, 2007, 05:25 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I agree with Guerillinator that it might be better to add an extra set of wolves to your team rather than adding khosumet. Rolling a 1 is possible but alot less possible than rolling a 2-20.
Old May 21st, 2007, 05:43 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Okay, so let's say that the dorklord alone as a fighter is worth about two wolves. Then there's the bonuses offered, which increase in value with the number of wolves. I would say that since the relentless assult almost never kicks in, that the unleashed fury enhancement is worth a wolf by the tenth one. So, I think that snoopy is draftable with three sets, but is actually not horrible with four or more. Coming from me, that's as good of praise anyone will extract.

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:26 AM

Guerillinator has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent_Drake_8
Okay, so let's say that the dorklord alone as a fighter is worth about two wolves. Then there's the bonuses offered, which increase in value with the number of wolves. I would say that since the relentless assult almost never kicks in, that the unleashed fury enhancement is worth a wolf by the tenth one. So, I think that snoopy is draftable with three sets, but is actually not horrible with four or more. Coming from me, that's as good of praise anyone will extract.
I actually totally agree with that assessment. The only problem I have is that when you have dorklord, you have to choose whether to activate him or the wolves. Plus you have to decide whether to waste turn markers on him early or use him at the end. And the real kicker is that when you use him, you get just his single attack for that turn. As a result, even though stats are decent, I prefer more wolves. But I think its a close call and could go either way (also I generally just play with 500 point armies and so never draft more than 3-4 sets of wolves).

One in a million chances tend to come up nine times out of ten.
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:15 AM

tsukifu has disabled reputation
For what it's worth, I emailed WotC to get confirmation on Unleashed Fury being mandatory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul at WotC
Thank you for writing.

Anytime you wish to move Anubian Wolves, before you move, you must roll a 20.

Please let me know if you need anymore help!

We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.
That jibes with what we recall and what Aranas said above. They are werewolves, after all.

Anyway...I'm feelin' like pie.
Old December 20th, 2007, 10:43 AM

aerofool Woo who?
Quick question on the wolves. If you have 2 or more units, and roll a 1 on the Unleashed Fury roll, can you still move any 3 wolves, or are you restricted to moving only 2 that turn?

****! I must be having a bad week!
Old December 20th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You can still move any three.

~Aldin, lu-pining for the fjords

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 8th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I used 3 sets of these guys and Khosumhet againt lots of Arrow Gruts and Krug. Before Krug could do any damage, I rolled a 19 and destroyed him in two attacks when he had hight advantage.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units