Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old October 10th, 2019, 11:50 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I haven't had much success with small figures or those with skinny appendages (couldn't get a good Gungan Kaadu rider to save my life - fortunately I didn't need one to save my life). Though, some of that is likely due to my lack of patience and finesse when clearing supports.
For skinny figures like that I build my own simple tree supports (that I make in Blender). That's the only way I could get them printed. Then I use a hot tool to cut the trees in half and dykes to clean up each end. (If you go straight to dykes the dykes will force the two pieces apart and end up splitting the model.)

Did I upload my Gungan Rider model with supports?
A hot knife is on my list. What brand/model do you use?

You did post the rider with supports. The print looked awesome, once I scaled it properly. Again, my lack of patience and finesse (and a hot knife) sabotaged my efforts. I actually took that one off my list after finding some of the "official" ones on CoolStuffInc.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 11th, 2019, 12:16 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I haven't had much success with small figures or those with skinny appendages (couldn't get a good Gungan Kaadu rider to save my life - fortunately I didn't need one to save my life). Though, some of that is likely due to my lack of patience and finesse when clearing supports.
For skinny figures like that I build my own simple tree supports (that I make in Blender). That's the only way I could get them printed. Then I use a hot tool to cut the trees in half and dykes to clean up each end. (If you go straight to dykes the dykes will force the two pieces apart and end up splitting the model.)

You did post the rider with supports. The print looked awesome, once I scaled it properly. Again, my lack of patience and finesse (and a hot knife) sabotaged my efforts. I actually took that one off my list after finding some of the "official" ones on CoolStuffInc.
30 Watt 5-In-1 Hobby Woodburner with 3 soldering tips, 4 woodburning tips, safety hanger and tool packed in carry case
Old October 11th, 2019, 12:42 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I have both woodburning tools and soldering iron. I really like the ones that you can change the end out on with multiple tips. I use a fine pointy tip for cleaning up details and the flat edge one for smoothing round or big areas.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 11th, 2019, 02:44 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

30 Watt 5-In-1 Hobby Woodburner with 3 soldering tips, 4 woodburning tips, safety hanger and tool packed in carry case
Ah, I was thinking of a "specialized" tool. I might have something like that. It might have some of the different tips, too. Thanks!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 12th, 2019, 07:52 AM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I'm looking to get a 3D printer now. There's so many out there that I'm not sure where to start. White Knight, I believe I read that you have an Ender 3 - would you recommend that one? Amazon reviews seem to be solid but for all I know there may be better/easier ones.
I have an Ender 3. The build is key, if there is any wobble or anything off it will ruin the prints. It took me about a month to get the hang of using the printer and get the profile settings tuned correctly, but once you got it, you got it.
Old October 12th, 2019, 09:06 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What profile do you use shaolin?
Old October 12th, 2019, 02:13 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I also have an Ender 3. I'm still trying to figure out the best settings for small minis. They either turn out bad or it takes 8-10 hours per mini. I though I read WK has some coming out nice in less than an hour a piece so I'd love to hear those settings.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 12th, 2019, 05:39 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I also have an Ender 3. I'm still trying to figure out the best settings for small minis. They either turn out bad or it takes 8-10 hours per mini. I though I read WK has some coming out nice in less than an hour a piece so I'd love to hear those settings.
Ive been pumping out a bunch of great minis on my snapmaker and they only take about an hour or so each for regular sized 28mm dudes. The quality is great. Im creating starcraft and warcraft armies right now. Ive made 21 terran marines, jim raynor, tychus, 6 ghosts, 4 siege tanks, 11 protoss zealots, artanis, zeratul, a big grom hellscream, and 12 dwarven riflemen. Also made a giant beholder, and a few awesome giants. This is all in the last week. With minis that are small I like to make them pretty solid and the layer height needs to be at least 0.1 or finer. For medium to large minis I reduce the infill and go 0.15 to 0.2 layer height. The orientation of the minis on the printbed can save time and help with pulling supports and mini quality. If you can find minis that require less supports they can look nicer as well if possible. Also all the above minis were all done on the same roll of filament and Im not even through it yet.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 13th, 2019, 11:23 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
My CURA profile for minis is here:
WK CURA

It's the Fat Dragon Games CURA profile with maybe a few small tweaks. You might need to adjust temperatures for your filament.

Screenshots

Old October 14th, 2019, 10:27 AM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What profile do you use shaolin?
A custom one. I use matterhackers soft pla, too many breaks and crazy glue with regular pla. So my temp is a bit higher, 230 C, and print speed is 25mm/s. So the prints do take a few hours to finish. Also I don’t have retraction on, it causes clogging problems when you use softer material. And I use tree supports rather than the default support, I find I can clean it much easier. I’m on my phone now but can send you my profile with suggested tweaks for regular pla. You’re gonna have to tweak it as you print anyway. Use someone’s profile as a base but you’ll need to adjust based on your machine and material. A sturdy build and a level bed are the most important things though, you can clean up anything else after the print, hide imperfections with paint.
Old October 14th, 2019, 12:09 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks. Trying to assemble as much info so I have some ideas as what to fiddle with.
Old October 15th, 2019, 11:09 AM

Guillermo-Tell Woo who?

Hi guys,
I've been following this thread for a while. Thank you very much for all your effort. I've tried to print some models but some reason Cura automatically scales them up 10000 times . I have no idea why this happens. Could you tell me the correct scale?
I've to say I'm a complete beginner in the 3D printing world so I'm having a lot of issues with my Ender 3.
Also, I think it'd be useful to have an alternative version of each model with the supports already implemented for FDM and resin printing. What do you think?
Thanks.

Last edited by Guillermo-Tell; October 15th, 2019 at 05:37 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing