Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old April 4th, 2011, 03:29 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dallas Area "Official" Tournament structure

Doesn't sound like there's many strong opinions so I'm going to run the "Reverse the Whip" scenario I mentioned earlier.

4-round format.

You play your own army for Round 1 and Round 4. You play your opponent's army for Rounds 2 and 3.

Armies are 415 points. You may apply bonus points to your army as follows:
  • +5 points: No army cards have any bonding ability.
  • +10 points: All army cards are of the same General. (Valkrill = Utgar)
  • +10 points: No army card is repeated more than twice in your army.
  • +15 points: No army cards have a base Range greater than 1 or a Special Attack whose range is greater than 1.

Maps and glyphs TBD but since it's a wacky tournament, expect something wacky.

My new FLGS in Grapevine is set up for big 30-man warhammer tournies so I'll talk to them this week about hosting. If that falls through I'll check with Madness.

I'll post a new thread once I have the date and location locked down. Looking at early June.
Old April 4th, 2011, 07:53 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Doesn't sound like there's many strong opinions so I'm going to run the "Reverse the Whip" scenario I mentioned earlier.

4-round format.

You play your own army for Round 1 and Round 4. You play your opponent's army for Rounds 2 and 3.

• +15 points: No army cards have a base Range greater than 1 or a Special Attack whose range is greater than 1.

My new FLGS in Grapevine is set up for big 30-man warhammer tournies so I'll talk to them this week about hosting. If that falls through I'll check with Madness.

I'll post a new thread once I have the date and location locked down. Looking at early June.
Awesome work V! I look forward to seeing the details and joining in on the fun.

Old April 5th, 2011, 10:51 AM

Boodog knows what's in an order marker Boodog knows what's in an order marker

That's a cool format.

(Time to stop scheduling work on Saturdays).

DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!
Old April 5th, 2011, 02:18 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
So given these parameters, these armies could be fielded:

2x Fen Hydra
2x Deathreavers
Ornak
Marcu Esenwein
Isamu
450pts

No bonding (Red Flag of Fury does not use the term "Bonding" in its name or description); all Utgar; no more than 2 cards of same type; all base range 1 with no special attack = 455 pts (5 pts to spare)

2x 4th Mass
2x Sentinels
Concan
440 pts

No bonding; all Jandar ; no more than 2 army cards of same type = 440 pts.

Not that the above armies are totally awesome or anything; just clarifying the bonuses with examples.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; April 5th, 2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old April 5th, 2011, 08:37 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Glad to see Ry's already started developing his matrix.
Old May 12th, 2011, 11:08 PM

LightBringer has disabled reputation

It's been nearly 2 months since we've heard anything about this. Is it still happening?
Old May 16th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

4-round format.

Any news on this front, Velenne. I've missed the last few tourneys around here, and I'm jonesing to play in a tournament environment, and soon.

So, get on the ball, man!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old May 16th, 2011, 09:55 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Any news on this front, Velenne. I've missed the last few tourneys around here, and I'm jonesing to play in a tournament environment, and soon.

So, get on the ball, man!
Sure, rym. You'll just have a marathon or a student teacher ice cream social that'll take precedence.

And we'll all pretend to "understand"

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old May 16th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

But...early June, I'll be retired and could probably be there.
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnubianWolf88 View Post
Sure, rym. You'll just have a marathon or a student teacher ice cream social that'll take precedence.

And we'll all pretend to "understand"

AW88

How did you know? So long as a tournament is not scheduled for this Thursday, we should be golden. And June sounds good to me.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; May 16th, 2011 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Because this Thursday IS our student/teacher ice cream social. No lie.
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:01 AM

Looking toward the second half of June
Old May 25th, 2011, 07:52 PM

We are a go for a summer tourney, June 25th, noon-til-it's-over, at Area 51 Games in Grapevine. We'll use the format below barring any gamebreaking objections. Food and prize support included, $10 per person. I'll post the thread when I'm not on my phone.

Quote:

4-round format.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events