Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old August 28th, 2010, 04:27 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: UK Scapers (The life and times of RichardD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD View Post
A couple of mine lean alarmingly (and the small bases don't help), but I like the way that they've gone back to thicker cardstock.
I've just opened the rest of my common packs and you're right, alot of them lean really badly. One of my warforged soldiers head's is twisted 45 degrees the wrong way, making it look like it has a broken neck, and one of the goblin's foot pegs isn't stuck down properly so he looks like he's standing on a can.
Old August 29th, 2010, 11:02 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Gameslore is also stocked with Wave 12.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 08:10 AM

Ducer15 is surprisingly tart

I got my complete wave from IGUK and it arrived on Saturday. Well I say complete wave. I actually got a duplicate of "Veterans of the last war" and was missing the "Ogre & Goblins" pack. I should be getting that from them in the next day or so.

Either way I hope to play a game using the new figures tonight.

Traveling through cyberspace ain't like dusting crops, boy!

Old September 7th, 2010, 08:20 AM

I now have the completion of wave D2. IGUK were actually very quick to send my missing pack once I notified them.

I have had a couple of games with the new figures and so far so good. The only thing so far is that range figures are in short supply in this wave.

Old September 7th, 2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducer15 View Post
I now have the completion of wave D2. IGUK were actually very quick to send my missing pack once I notified them.

I have had a couple of games with the new figures and so far so good. The only thing so far is that range figures are in short supply in this wave.
Nice. Which figure(s) would you say was/were your favourite to use in the games?
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:13 PM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

Out of curiosity, is anyone going to go to see the pope when he comes here next week?

Jdet is a MacDirk Warrior...
in the Garden of Horror...
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdet View Post
Out of curiosity, is anyone going to go to see the pope when he comes here next week?
The pope's coming to the UK? I didn't even know...but no, I won't be seeing him. Are you planning on challenging him to a game of 'scape?
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:55 PM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

LOL! I'm not sure that he'd be in to that, though I could have seen his predecessor enjoying a game. Maybe there's a diamond and pearl heroscape set in the Papal palace in the Vatican.

Jdet is a MacDirk Warrior...
in the Garden of Horror...
Old September 9th, 2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope View Post
Quote:

Nice. Which figure(s) would you say was/were your favourite to use in the games?
I like the idea of the Werewolf Lord but when I controlled him I failed to infect anyone. Mostly because there were quite a lot of 1 life pieces in play. Although my daughter had better success with that the next day, but did not use it to its full potential, but then she is only 8.

I had quite a bit of fun with Kurrok when combined with the Elementals from the previous wave. The Air Elementals made it hard to engage with him, as well.

Old September 9th, 2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdet View Post
I have no idea where he is even visiting, although I doubt that would make a difference to my plans.

I shall be going to Rome next month anyway.

Old September 9th, 2010, 08:41 AM

Anyone else picked up a copy of the Castle Ravenloft board game?

My copy arrived yesterday. Not got all the way through the rules yet (took me 90 minutes or more to punch the 13 card sheets), but it looks really nice.

One of the figures in the box is the same of one in the Heroscape D&D box set. The name escapes me right now. Although all these figures are unpainted.

I can see there will be scope to use the Heroscape D&D figure with this game, which may have been one of the ideas in mind when they reduced the base size.

Old September 10th, 2010, 06:25 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation

Quote:
Anyone else picked up a copy of the Castle Ravenloft board game?
I ordered mine from an online bookseller, who has yet to receive any supplies. Due the last week of September, I've been told.
Quote:
One of the figures in the box is the same of one in the Heroscape D&D box set. The name escapes me right now. Although all these figures are unpainted.

I can see there will be scope to use the Heroscape D&D figure with this game, which may have been one of the ideas in mind when they reduced the base size.
I think that WOTC's main aim has been to reuse the D&D Miniatures that they'd sunk so much money into, and also churn out a few other products (HS, Castle Ravencroft) as cost-effectively as they can (by using remoulds). The new, smaller base size is also compatible with the latest D&D RPG grid-based combat AFAIK. Literally "one size fits all".

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers