Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old June 21st, 2012, 04:39 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: HS2010's Custom Unit - NEW!!! Half-Orc Spy added - 6/12/

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Just cuz she's a Ranger, doesn't mean she has to have a bow. Since you didn't have that in mind when designing her in the first place, why add it? At any rate, you're now in the 140-150 point value range...
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
Idk much about MSE but it seems to give people more trouble than using GIMP. Check out whitestuffs GIMP tutorial and you should be able to do it.
I've tried GIMP too. No luck.
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:22 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Question Re: HS2010's Custom Unit - NEW!!! Balor added - 8/6/12

Moved Lodoria officially to Aquilla in OP. Also, my latest figure:

Quote:
Card:
Spoiler Alert!

Entar V.1
Utgar

Demon
Unique Hero
Lord
Terrifying
Huge 9

Life 8
Move 3
Range 1
Attack 8
Defense 5
Points 270-330

TERRIFYING FLIGHT
Once per game Entar, before moving normally, Entar may use Terrifying Flight. Terrifying Flight has a move of 6. When counting spaces for Entar’s movement, ignore elevations. Entar may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Entar starts to fly, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

FIRE BREATH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Fire Breath Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Lava Resistant figures are not affected by Fire Breath Special Attack.

FIERY WHIP
Instead of taking a turn with Entar, you may choose any small or medium opponent's figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Entar and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, that figure receives 2 wounds and you may place that figure adjacent to Entar.

LAVA RESISTANT
Entar never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage, and he does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

Figure Used:
Balor #04 Legendary Evils D&D Miniatures

Availability: 1 @ Troll and Toad for $34.99 each.
1 @ MiniatureMarket for $25.00 each.
4 @ CoolStuffInc. for $28.99 to $29.99 each.
1 @ Ebay for $27.50 each
Quote:
Card:
Spoiler Alert!

Entar V.2
Utgar

Demon
Unique Hero
Lord
Terrifying
Huge 9

Life 8
Move 3
Range 1
Attack 8
Defense 5
Points 240-300

TERRIFYING FLIGHT
Once per game Entar, before his moving normally, Entar may use Terrifying Flight. Terrifying Flight has a move of 6. When counting spaces for Entar’s movement, ignore elevations. Entar may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Entar starts to fly, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

FIRE WHIP SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 2. Attack 4.
Choose a small or medium figure to attack. The chosen figure rolls 2 less defense dice when defending against Fire Whip Special Attack. After attacking with Fire Whip Special Attack, if atleast one wound was inflicted, you may place that figure adjacent to Entar. Lava Resistant figures may not be targeted for Fire Whip Special Attack.

DEATH THROE
If Entar would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, before removing him from the battlefield, roll 3 dice for each adjacent figure. Each skull counts as one wound on that figure.

LAVA RESISTANT
Entar never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage, and he does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

Figure Used:
Balor #04 Legendary Evils D&D Miniatures

Availability: 1 @ Troll and Toad for $34.99 each.
1 @ MiniatureMarket for $25.00 each.
4 @ CoolStuffInc. for $28.99 to $29.99 each.
1 @ Ebay for $27.50 each
Which one do you like more? And how about point values? Also, what about height? when I started making the custom I was thinking of the other D&D Balor is this one of the same height?

Last edited by Sheep; August 8th, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: HS2010's Custom Unit - NEW!!! Balor added - 8/6/12

I prefer the 2nd version...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I prefer the second version as well. I think he'll be more than 225 though. Look at Charos's stats compared to Balor. Balor has 8 attack but less mobility and no counter strike. The other abilities more than make up for that though.

260 is my guess, but this guy could have a large range. Anywhere from 240-300 is a good start imo.
Old August 6th, 2012, 05:02 PM

I was thinking 250 at first but then went with 225 as the same as Jotun. But I knew the point value was off (by a lot)

I'll talk V.1 first.

Terrifying Flight is only once per game, but if used at the correct moment V.1 could really wipe out a lot of an army using FBSA. Though a smart Stinger may run around the map firing at Balor (after he has used flying), hoping he doesn't Drain himself. V.1 is easily shot down by figures with range and high attack. Though once he flies to attack, it probably won't be a pretty sight. Fiery Whip is just icing on the cake, V.1 could easily be a (very) high cost Clean-Up figure, getting engaged with the final guy and then using Fiery Whip to destroy him. Lava Resistant will very in use from map to map, so it's not a big deal.

Now to V.2:

Same thing here for Terrifying Flight. FWSA is a cool power and can do damage. Death Throe is just a better (more consistent) version of DW7K Explosion (whatever the heck it is). V.2 isn't as offensive as V.1 but it's still close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I prefer the second version as well. I think he'll be more than 225 though. Look at Charos's stats compared to Balor. Balor has 8 attack but less mobility and no counter strike. The other abilities more than make up for that though.

260 is my guess, but this guy could have a large range. Anywhere from 240-300 is a good start imo.
So, I'm guessing V.1 could be anywhere from 270-330?

One last thing, I making Lava Resistant figures immune to the Special Attacks.

Last edited by Sheep; August 6th, 2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Lava Resistant only to SA.
Old August 6th, 2012, 05:15 PM

I've updated everything. Since obviously both Balors will extensively need playtesting, I'll do some sometime.

Last edited by Sheep; August 6th, 2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Double Post
Old August 7th, 2012, 11:12 AM

HS2010's Custom Unit - NEW!!! Balor Playtest added - 8/7/12

NVM.

Last edited by Sheep; August 7th, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old August 7th, 2012, 11:56 AM

Re: HS2010's Custom Unit - NEW!!! Balor Playtest added - 8/7

I have decided I would like to have this figure for actual playtesting/gameplay. I'd be willing to trade for him but I don't have much. I'd be more willing to buy him (for $15 or lower, but could be persuaded to at most $20 with a few lower cost HS figures) AFTER the release of Madden 13.

And yes, I know this figure is very rare in D&D. Trade Thread Link

Thanks,
HS2010

Last edited by Sheep; August 7th, 2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: EDIT: Trade Thread post.
Old August 7th, 2012, 02:47 PM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Entar V.1)

THEME TEST
Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that do not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass.

MIRROR TEST
Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass.

BONDING TEST
Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass. No Bonding Exist.

SYNERGIES TEST
Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
Pass. No Synergies Exist.

POWER CHECK
Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, Who or What it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass.

FUN TEST
Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
?

FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
?

DRAFTING TEST
Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
?

USAGE TEST
Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
?

STRATEGY TEST
Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
?

Hero Test: Does it pass?
Test the design against several different Unique Heroes that have a point cost that is the same or similar to the design's point cost.

TEST 1
Map: Mitonsoul’s Dungeon (no glyph)
Units: Entar V.1 (270pts) vs. Syvarris, Cyprien Esenwein,
Marcu Esenwein (270pts)
Results: Entar wins with 1 life remaining.

TEST 2
Map: Mitonsoul’s Dungeon
Units: Entar V.1 (270) vs. Krug, Major Q10 (270)
Results: Krug wins ‘double’-handedly with 5 life left and Major at full life.

Spoiler Alert!

Squad Tests: Does it pass?
Test the design against several different Squads that have a point cost that is the same or similar to the design's point cost. Multiple squads can be used if necessary.

TEST 1
Map: Mitonsoul’s Dungeon
Units: Entar V.1 (270) vs. Einar Imperium x2 (280)
Results: Entar wins with 1 life left.

TEST 2
Map: Mironsoul’s Dungeon
Units:Entar V.1 (270) vs. Stingers x3, Deathreavers x2 (260)
Results: Stingers/Rats win with one each surviving.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1: Does it pass?
Create a competitive army with the design and play it against another competitive army of the same or similar point cost.

Map: Mitonsoul’s Dungeon V.2
Units: Entar V.1 + Mezzos x3 + Marcu + Isamu (495, Team 1) vs. Raelin (RotV) + Stingers x7 (500, Team 2)
Results:

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2: Does it pass?
Create a competitive army with the design and play it against another competitive army of the same or similar point cost.

Map:
Units:
Results:

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3: Does it pass?

Map:
Units:
Results:

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Sheep; August 18th, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old August 7th, 2012, 02:47 PM

Playtesting Post for Entar V.2

I had this playtest done but noticed Balor's opponent's team was of 100 different.

Last edited by Sheep; August 7th, 2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: ....And school starts in a bit more than 2 weeks
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:10 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you are willing to paint one you can get him for $7 at auggies...link
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:12 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

I was looking a Balor. This is Demon Lord very few demons are above him in power, he is feared even by the Gods. His movement I think should not be 3. That is way to slow for a General of Demons and devils, who thrives on causing destruction. I would change move to 5 or 6 all the time and give him Fly.
Some abilities of the Balor...Vorpal Sword (cuts off the head), Flaming Whip, Body that is on fire, teleporting, Flying. Death Throe.
If I were to tweak him, Life 8 Move 5, Range 1, Attack 8, Def 5
Fly, Death Throe, Searing Intensity 10 (like fire elemental), Fire Whip that acts like a Chain Grab (Drow Chainfighter), Lava Resistance.

One tactic the Balor likes is using the Whip and drags the victim to his body which then burns them. This could be accomplished by:
Fiery Whip
Range 2 Attack 4
Instead of a normal attack, choose a figure. The chosen figure rolls 2 less defense dice when defending against Fire Whip Special Attack. Roll a 20 sided die, if you roll 9 or higher place the figure on an adjacent same level space to the Balor.
Searing Intensity
After attacking you must roll a 20 sided die. If you roll 10 or higher each figure adjacent to the Balor receives 1 wound. Figures with Lava Resistance are not affected.
Flying
Lava Resistance
DEATH THROE
If Balor would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, before removing him from the battlefield, roll 3 dice for each adjacent figure. Each skull counts as one wound on that figure
Points 250pt

with added movement and an ability to cause wounds to mulitply figures. Pulling a hero in close to clobber them with normal attack. This figure will cause fear and should get his points back.
try testing him with Mezzodemons x4 and Balor. vs 500 points

Last edited by wolfeman1968; August 7th, 2012 at 05:48 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards