Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 9th, 2011, 06:18 PM
how do I look?

lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Dungeon Run - Coming Soon from Plaid Hat Games

gonna have to get me a store demo of this. Uh, strickly for demoing sakes to get more sales. Yeah it is not because I really really want to play it. How about that demo copy?

Still waiting on that demo copy of Battleship Galaxies also.

Actually seriously if you do demo's the same way as FFG or other such companies do I will purchase both of them.

The largest source of Heroscape in Wyoming Washington, now selling loads of terrain.
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
gonna have to get me a store demo of this. Uh, strickly for demoing sakes to get more sales. Yeah it is not because I really really want to play it. How about that demo copy?

Actually seriously if you do demo's the same way as FFG or other such companies do I will purchase both of them.
*chuckle*

And if you don't he's gonna report you to the Better Business Bureau

~Aldin, blackmailingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 10th, 2011, 03:21 PM
how do I look?

lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby! lafleurhero rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post

*chuckle*

And if you don't he's gonna report you to the Better Business Bureau

~Aldin, blackmailingly
No, this is something a lot of companies do for promotional reasons. The Dice Tower gets free games all the time for them to review. Some companies send games to stores for demo purposes for the cost of shipping only or for extremely discounted rates. People are much more likely to buy a game they have tried out first and learned the rules to than one that just has a nice looking box. It's the same reason grocery stores give out free samples of many products each day. Same reason I sell store T-shirts for less than it costs me to have them made. It is advertising and a huge part of retail business.

None of my complaints again WOTC had anything to do with this type of thing. I had just suggested something they could do to make up for the poor service they had given. They had the option, and seem to have decided, to do nothing. Which companies games am I more likely to carry and promote? Ones that work with small stores like FFG or those that don't?

The largest source of Heroscape in Wyoming Washington, now selling loads of terrain.
Old May 10th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Lighten up Francis.

~Aldin, quotingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 10th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
~Aldin, quotingly
You just made the list, buddy.

edit:
Can I expect this game to play well with 2? GB (or whomever) please say 'yes,' so I don't have to worry.

Thanks!

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 10th, 2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old May 10th, 2011, 04:58 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
~Aldin, quotingly
You just made the list, buddy.

edit:
Can I expect this game to play well with 2? GB (or whomever) please say 'yes,' so I don't have to worry.

Thanks!
Yes, that's my main concern as well.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old May 16th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Download the Rules Here

The Dungeon Run rules are now available for download. This is your chance to find out what the game is all about.

You can pre-order now from the plaid hat games store: http://www.plaidhatgames.com/store.html

Last edited by truth; May 16th, 2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

That's a slick looking rulebook, the designer is really good, probably deserves a raise even.

Looks like its going to be a fun game, hope its a big hit. I can't wait to get my hands on the figures to paint.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks awesome! Can't wait to play it!

This typo jumped out at me though and I hope it isn't too late to correct:

Optional Rule: Beg for Your Life
The rules allow heroes defeated before the endgame to keeping playing.

That should be keep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 16th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Looks awesome! Can't wait to play it!

This typo jumped out at me though and I hope it isn't too late to correct:

Optional Rule: Beg for Your Life
The rules allow heroes defeated before the endgame to keeping playing.

That should be keep.
It isn't to late to fix. Thanks. I swear we look at this stuff before we put it up. :P
Old May 16th, 2011, 12:56 PM
how do I look?

The rule book has me even more excited. It looks like some great game mechanics. I wouldn't be surprised if this game takes the place of Descent for me. I'm sure I will be pre-ordering from you for store inventory as well as maybe a copy for the store itself. I am going to need to order more Summoner wars as well. The things I ordered last time has mostly all sold, plus I know people are going to want the boxed set and the new reinforcement packs next month.

Old May 16th, 2011, 01:03 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Or how about Origins? Since Truth will be there, maybe we can play a late night game in the hotel with him on a prototype version. I never really did any roll playing game other than Mafia/Werefolf (Curse of Ne-Gok-Sa lite) and certainly not a dungeon run game, but i'd be willing to try.
Will it be available for Demo at Origins and/or Gencon? Better yet maybe for sale pre-release or even the the Heroscape or Summoner wars champion can get one. Everyone can wish, can they.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games