Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 24th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Fire Ant Mound - Designing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
  1. True, but they can swarm.
  2. Swarm doesn't let them "move" it is basically a tunneling power.
  3. Ants can come out onto water, and they can tunnel and come up into a body of it though. Maybe the the name needs to change to "Swarm Tunnel" to translate that theme better.
  4. I will look into that later. I thought I had already.
Thanks for all of that. That should help kick off some discussions around here.

1. Yes, I just like to make sure people are aware of that, since there are always customs of that size and I think "Sure, I'd play against that, it could never reach me up on this hill." Actually, more importantly, they couldn't attack up any levels at all; opponents would have to be same level or lower.
2. I know, I was just saying it would be more thematic if the entire anthill wasn't just walking around, but only went underground and popped up somewhere new.
3. I know ants can make ant-bridges across water and whatever, but it seems like tunneling up a new hill in the middle of a river could only end in disaster.
  1. Those are all good points, and they came up before while designing the Shrinking Ray Glyph. I think a height of Tiny 2 might be better. Thoughts?
  2. Cool
  3. Maybe your right. I think I should specify that they can't end on water, or do you think that they shouldn't count water spaces at all? That might be cool.
Also, I am changing up to SWARM TUNNELING.
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:13 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Or even simpler, "Fire Ant Mound must always be placed either on or adjacent to a land space." No need to mention water at all

EDIT: Of course, it also doesn't make sense to place it on molten lava. Maybe it should always be placed on a land space, period, just to keep it simple. That way they can still cross water, but if they want to end up in it, they'll just have to walk like everyone else.
Good idea.
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
  1. Maybe your right. I think I should specify that they can't end on water, or do you think that they shouldn't count water spaces at all? That might be cool.
I think crossing under water and popping up on the other side is perfectly fine. I'd just say they can't end on water (and lava). Actually, just say they have to end on a land space.
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I think we're ninja'ing back-and-forth, so I'll stop now.
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

That works and will still let them still tunnel under a decent span of water or lava.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:28 PM

Groovy.
Old February 27th, 2011, 01:06 AM

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Fire Ant Mound

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

- Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero/ Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. Pass. They really aren't all that competitive on their own (unless you can draft TONS of them) but they are very annoying at taking height advantages and also with their stinging. 10 points feels spot on to me.
Spoiler Alert!

- Squad / Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. Pass, as they are not very competitive, but they are still fun and annoying.
Map: Custom
Units: Fire Ant Mound x6 VS Beat Cops x1
Spoiler Alert!

- Squad / Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. Pass, lots of fun and competitive in their own slow progressive way.
Map: Custom
Units: Fire Ant Mound x 8 VS Hydra Agents
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. Pass at 10 points. This game was challenging for both sides, and it was fun.
Map: Custom.
Units: Fire Ant Mound x12, Mystique, and Magneto VS Batman and Superman.
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass, Yes or No? What should be the unit's point value? Give a brief summary. Pass definitely at 10 points.
Map: Custom.
Units: Fire Ant Mound x15, Doctor Doom (C3G), and Doombot x5 VS Professor X, Angel, Magma, Jean Grey, Spider-Girl, Mole-Man, and Moloid x10.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Griffin; February 28th, 2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old February 27th, 2011, 04:59 AM

I did a couple of Heavy Hitter tests, and I am certain that these cost 10 points. They have a very hard time being competitive, but they are annoying (which is good IMO) at taking ground and stinging. Also, any lower at like 5 points a piece, and they become too many which means too powerful at taking the board.

I like the design, and I like the power level at 10 points each.
Old February 27th, 2011, 01:36 PM

Heavy Hitter tests and squad tests done. 10 points a piece feels right to me so far.
Old February 27th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Heh. 10 is feeling a tad high right now, perhaps, but I think their synergy with Ant Man will help them in the long run ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 27th, 2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Heh. 10 is feeling a tad high right now, perhaps, but I think their synergy with Ant Man will help them in the long run ...
Like I posted somewhere, 10 is a tad high, but 5 is too too low. I think as ants, they just need to be a C ranked unit costing 10. The ability to flood a battlefield with a dozen ants by just winning initiative is pretty significant in most army games I think. They are going to be annoying enough in a enough situations to justify their cost, though moloids will clearly be a more competitive unit, these ants are the best "meat" shields money can buy.
Old February 27th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For sure. And, honestly, they're not really something I'd want to encourage people to draft without Ant Man anyway.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library