Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old August 5th, 2006, 04:51 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Cardboard Heroes™

While doing a search for an image reference, I happened to run across these on the Warehouse 23 website:

They're not going to fit onto HeroScape terrain as neatly as the Castle set, but you do get a more extensive set of structures.
Old August 6th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well, considering this set up...

... would cost $75 dollars (3 sets @ $24.99 ea,), I can't see it being a very good alternative until the real ones show up.

A cheaper alternative is the D&D Foldup Paper Miniatures. The artwork is far superior (SJG's Cardboard Heroes line has always been excessively lacking artistically) and possibly much cheaper ... free PDF Downloads, so it is cost of cardstock and ink.

Tower - both whole and ruined:

Gatehouse - raising portcullis, both whole and ruined:

Wall Section:

Half Wall Turret:

Timber Hoarding - fits atop the above Wall Section:

Long Half-Timbered Buildings:

Plus, a bunch more for the full city (there were many more available, but have since been withdrawn - my personal fav is no longer there; the Blacksmith - both whole and ruined) ...

And, if you don't want to print them yourself you can simply buy the book for the far less price of $9.95 each.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old August 6th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Or Microtactix has some great castle models. Just avoid the Worldworks castle - it's the only model I ever actually built, but it was a complete turd.
Old August 6th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
IMax,

Please explain! Although I have never made neither Microtactix nor Worldworks items, I have seen the images. I find the Worldworks artwork to be far superior than the Microtactix offerings. Are you referring to its build-ability?

Old August 6th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Harbinger of Aquilla

teekay has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Or Microtactix has some great castle models. Just avoid the Worldworks castle - it's the only model I ever actually built, but it was a complete turd.
Really? I agree with Malechi regarding the online images--they look fantastic. I was even thinking of ordering from them, so please, explain the issues you've had.
Old August 6th, 2006, 08:53 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
why can't we wait a week for the real ones?
Old August 6th, 2006, 09:25 PM

Widigo has disabled reputation
Good question.
Old August 6th, 2006, 09:28 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
even better answer
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Harbinger of Aquilla

teekay has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
why can't we wait a week for the real ones?
While I don't see the castles coming out in a week, believe me, I WILL be picking up a few!

However in the meantime; I enjoy papercraft as a hobby--not just for gaming. There are countless models on the 'net from anime to Star Wars to military vehciles to animals to buildings to you-name-it. When a really well-done model comes along I'd like to check it out. If someone says that really well-done looking model is crap (based on experience with the model), I'd like to know why.

Besides, now that we will be getting castles, I've started thinking about siege weapons (possibly made from paper) to breech those castles.
Old August 7th, 2006, 12:39 AM

Widigo has disabled reputation
Why do paper, just do plastic. Grab some plasticard, a little green stuff and about three hours over the course of a weekedn and you have a catapolt.
Old August 7th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekay
While I don't see the castles coming out in a week, believe me, I WILL be picking up a few!

However in the meantime; I enjoy papercraft as a hobby--not just for gaming. There are countless models on the 'net from anime to Star Wars to military vehciles to animals to buildings to you-name-it. When a really well-done model comes along I'd like to check it out. If someone says that really well-done looking model is crap (based on experience with the model), I'd like to know why.

Besides, now that we will be getting castles, I've started thinking about siege weapons (possibly made from paper) to breech those castles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widigo
Why do paper, just do plastic. Grab some plasticard, a little green stuff and about three hours over the course of a weekedn and you have a catapolt.

AHEM ... Teekay said:

Quote:
I enjoy papercraft as a hobby--not just for gaming.

Old August 7th, 2006, 01:48 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Well - knock yoursaelf out if you like that kinda thing, but if ANYONE wants good pre-painted plastic figures for seige weapons, they have no further to look than MK Dungeons:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/mageknig...frame=products

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles