Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 4th, 2021, 07:16 PM

Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sir Heroscape's customs

Any updates or new thoughts on the SAHUAGIN CHAMPION? I just got the mini in the other day, it looks fantastic.
Old March 5th, 2021, 09:06 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Any updates or new thoughts on the SAHUAGIN CHAMPION? I just got the mini in the other day, it looks fantastic.
Unfortunately not much. Work has been sucking my life. I did get to rebase him, but Iíll have to do some play tests to see how he plays. Iím a little worried about the price of the mini though and itís availability even though it was just released...

Anyway, if you do any play tests and have any thoughts feel free to let me know!
Old March 25th, 2021, 09:31 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death! Sir Heroscape is hot lava death!

Wanting to pick up on the Beakface Archer again, it's been too long.

Here are some fresh ideas I'm considering...would appreciate any ideas

Previous submitted design (that failed ;-P )
Spoiler Alert!

Powers:
+ Glide is a given...
+ Flocking (just as on the Sneaks)

3rd power...
Quote:
CLEAR SHOT
When attacking a figure that is not engaged, a Beakface Archer rolls 1 additional attack die.
Quote:
COVER FIRE (#1)
After a Beakface Archer attacks, he may attack one additional time. The additional attack must target a figure that is within 3 clear sight spaces of a Raptorian you control.
Quote:
COVER FIRE (#2)
When attacking a non-adjacent figure, add 1 attack die if the defending figure is engaged with a Raptorian figure you control.
Quote:
SUPPORT FIRE
After attacking with a Beakface Archer, if it did not move and attacked a figure engaged with another Raptorian you control, you may immediately attack with that Raptorian.

Clear Shot + Flocking

Is quite a simple design that provides some great early game development and punch until it makes more sense to switch over to a developed hero or Sneak squad to get number of attacks.

Cover Fire #1 + Flocking
Provides multiple attacks per Order Marker, but only after you'd developed the board. This combo allows early game development for pings with 2 attack to flock and then some midgame OM's when they can get 2 attacks...though at that point you're probably better off with just going Sneaks

Cover Fire #2 + Flocking
Would probably need to be +2 to be worth the midgame OM.

Support Fire + Flocking
I think this combo is more along the lines of what I'm thinking. There's some neat synergy here in that you still only get to flock 1 time, but if you'd flocked strategically into your opponents figures, you could technically attack as many times as you have engaged Raptorian Archers. Seems a bit OP at first, but I think the balance is 1) typically you don't want your ranged figures engaged and 2) that's pretty tough to setup...but it's pretty neat

Or ...do a combo of any of the above...hmmm

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; March 25th, 2021 at 10:10 PM.
Old April 16th, 2021, 04:39 PM

Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shiftrex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was thinking about this unit the other day and kinda wondered if you had considered giving the Archer conditional Deadly Shot? Or maybe a conditional poisoned arrow?

Cover Fire is a great opportunity to do something like that, if it fits your vision. While the Beakfaces "kinda" work together, they are still shifty and shady in my mind so maybe could lean into that a bit. Might necessitate a change to sniper over archer, or maybe it wouldn't. However, Deadlyshot or a poison arrow (similar to drow poison weapons) would definitely be worth an OM once in a while for a casual player.

Just adding wind to the brainstorm.
Old April 27th, 2021, 09:40 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

It'd be a lot of fun to have another Raptorian, I think. I'd also be remiss to not mention that I found that the Beakface Rogue was a poor fit for the Raptorian armies; neither the Beakface Sneaks nor the Quorik Warwitch really want to stay engaged, and the Clawfoot Interceptor provided a more consistent access to 5 attack with some additional utility. Given how much the Archer, Rogue, and Sneaks all look like they belong together, it could be neat to have something that ties them together just a bit more.

That said, responding to some of your ideas:
Cover Fire #2 and Support Fire
I think that these are likely to underwhelm in play. There simply aren't a ton of Raptorians that want to stay engaged to an opposing figure or that have the defense to reliably survive a melee attack. The Sneaks are notorious at this with 2 defense and Evasive 3, and the Warwitch would ideally like to Flutter away and stay unengaged to use her Orb of Pain SA. Given how niche staying engaged can be for them, I don't think that another figure based around that bonus will gel super nicely with them.

Cover Fire #1
This is also a problem with the Quorik Warwitch to a certain extent, but if the figure is just providing a way to conditionally get two attacks of 3 (from height), then why not just focus on the Sneaks who can get two attacks of 4 while also developing more figures? The birds are cheap and spammable, after all.

Clear Shot
I don't really have much to say about this one; it works decently well, but I think that the Archer itself would need a bit more punch to be worth an OM in a Raptorian build.

Throwing out another rough idea for brainstorming:
MURDER OF CROWS
After using the Flocking power, you may take a turn with a Beakface Archer that you control. During this turn, that Beakface Archer may only attack.
That combined with a base defense of 2 and Evasive 3 like the Sneaks would make the Archer quite fragile but useful to have close enough to the frontlines to get off some shots. Given that the biggest weakness of the Sneaks is often how few attacks they get in per OM, it would be pretty appealing to draft some archers in addition to the birds and give them their own niche to fulfill while still feeling like the other Beakfaces.

Another route could be to have it occur after taking a turn with a Raptorian Hero (working with the Warwitch or Rogue to bring them more fully into the umbrella), but I fear that this would just make the Interceptor even stronger in the build and depending on how the Archer pans out, people may just take only Archers and combo them off of each other. I also think that it feels a bit more boring as a "normal" form of attack bonding with other heroes, rather than something following the unique form of synergy already tying the Raptorians together.
Old April 27th, 2021, 10:15 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The name "Cover Fire" is already used by Skahen. I agree with Astro that neither version of the power is useful, at least until we get a defender Raptorian.

Support Fire is a no-go from a rules perspective. Another Raptorian cannot make an out-of-turn attack.

Clear Shot + Flocking is the cleanest and most obviously a Beakface Archer. I'm not sure it would ever be worth using, though. Beginning of the game to get some shots while moving up Sneaks seems good, but the Sneaks really rely on early pressure for board control and this would slow them down.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards