Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 21st, 2019, 04:36 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?
Re: Flameslayer Customs (Large Expac: Eruption of Power)

Yeah, the combine attack being easily thwarted by a small single hex "hill" always bothers me. The only other thing I could think of would be making zombies that can pin things to the ground (IE removing Order Markers) if enough of them give up their attack. Could be interesting with a horde movement thing, letting you use a an attack action to pin someone down and then another attack action to actually attack them later.
Old August 4th, 2019, 12:27 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

@Lumovanis @TREX

Yeah, I think it would have been cool to see more zombies. I don’t have the zombicide games (just a handful of zombie minis from other sources). I’d like to have another big old horde option. Since I know eventually I’m going to get more zombies, I’ll have to work on new options myself.

Plus, a 4 zombie squad is distinctly different, Lumovanis. My Brainssss power (take another turn) is also wildly different from the official zombies.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 30th, 2020, 04:57 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Flameslayer Customs (The Lost Paradise of Fire preview)

It's been well over a year since I've posted anything in here!

But, I've still been working on designs. Here's a few cards without pictures to gnaw on.

Cannon - Destructible Object
Spoiler Alert!

Elder Cloka -
Spoiler Alert!

Wrecking Crew (squad of 3) -
Spoiler Alert!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; September 28th, 2021 at 12:21 AM.
Old October 31st, 2020, 11:10 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very cool customs Flameslayer! Would love to see the minis you had in mind for these, especially Elder Cloka. I really like the overall design of the Wrecking Crew; it feels very clean and classic. Although depending on the minis used I feel like they might be a better fit for Valkrill?

For the Cannon, I think it might be more thematic for it to have a static attack value, but a fixed range limit (maybe 4-7?) so that it actually couldn't be used to attack figures that were too close. I think what you have works well also, just wanted to throw out something for consideration.

I LOVE the idea of Temporal Warp as a power, and I think your implementation works well for the figure and point cost. I liked it so much, actually, you inspired me to design a different take on the power, maybe for use on another Chrono-mage at some point?
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 31st, 2020, 12:52 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

It's always cool to see another Destructible Object. If you don't mind me asking, what tool did you use to create the Cannon's card?

7R/2A feels a little weak for a cannonball, but it is counterbalanced by doubling the attack at close range. I do agree with Captain Stupendous that it'd probably make more sense to have the cannonball only able to hit figures at a certain range limit and leave the attack as a static value. It's a stronger boost then that even helps ranged figures, but I think that also makes it more exciting as a scenario piece.

I'm not super impressed by Elder Cloka, but that's entirely because of Hallucinations. Since the roll occurs before placing Order Markers, it will screw over the player less often, but it reminds me of the Marrden Hounds who are normally solid but have a 1/3 chance to just screw over the player each turn. The important caveat there for me is that you can still plan around these turns by setting them up to get value even if your roll is bad, and it doesn't completely shut down the squad for a whole round.

Naturally, a Common Squad that forms a chunk of your army and a filler hero are different beasts, but I feel like Hallucinations is negative enough that it will only be worth placing OMs very infrequently. I love Time Warp as a power, but it's too inconsistent to be worth betting on, unfortunately, especially if Cloka is only worth considering an OM on about half of the time (in most cases, you'd be better off placing OM3 on the same card as OM1). I feel like either reducing the roll cutoff for Time Warp a little bit to make it more tempting or improving the odds of Hallucinations slightly would be great changes to alleviate some of these potential frustrations.

The Wrecking Crew is pretty cool. I do feel like they're a bit overcosted for their stats at 3 figures, but good rolls for Flail Hurricane might make up for that, and I really like the reused power and simple design as a Unique Squad. They feel like a classic design in a lot of ways, which is always fun IMO.
Old October 31st, 2020, 02:06 PM
I could go

Thanks for stopping in guys!

I used MSE for the destructible object card @Astroking112 . The program's cards look a little more dated compared to X-2 Card Creator, but for now its the easiest route for destructible object cards.

Glad to see that Cloka spurred a new power (and probably a custom) for you @Captain Stupendous .

For the cannon, I can justify doing like a 4-7 range sure. I mostly just imagined the cannon being aimed directly at whatever you were shooting at, but I can see arcing it. Also, I don't have any clue what the cannon is from since it came in a lot of miniatures and it doesn't look like it was based in the first place.

After a game with Cloka last night I can definately relate how Hallucinations and Time Warp are a bit underwhelming right now. I'll probably make Hallucinations activate each turn (since it was less fun to roll for it at the start of the round than anticipated, and likewise less likely to be remembered), and bump Time Warp to 18+ or so to help with that. I'm also considering bumping his life to 5 to make reaching the 3 a little easier. Also, the mini is a Boggard from Pathfinders:
https://paizo.com/products/btpy8ws3?...d-Star-Boggard

Glad to see others think the Wrecking Crew is as clean as I was hoping. A bit expensive sure, but not hopefully not too much so in their better matchups, also a lot of that cost I figured in was because of Metal Skin (Warforged Resolve). Can't really tank their cost too much since they are a lot like stronger warforged. The Valkrill arguement is a valid one, but the set has a lot of Valkrill already coming, and I'd like to really expand on the badlands of Earth 2210. 2 of the minis are Absorbing Man figures from Heroclix, and the other one is a dude in green with a wrecking ball (also Heroclix). Not at home to get a picture in, and I don't remember the name of the mini sadly.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 28th, 2021, 09:38 AM
I could go

Some more no figure cards to gnaw on for awhile.

Jzackkc -
Spoiler Alert!

Krowln -
Spoiler Alert!

Dwarzgo Empire Gunners -
Spoiler Alert!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; September 28th, 2021 at 03:14 AM.
Old February 28th, 2021, 11:04 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Some more no figure cards to gnaw on for awhile.

Jzackkc -
Spoiler Alert!

Krowln -
Spoiler Alert!

Dwarzgo Empire Gunners -
Spoiler Alert!
Very cool designs as always! I like the interactions between Brain Damage and Overextend Attack and how there's more of a cost to using it than usual. I do wonder if there is a typo in Brain Damage though? Currently he starts the game as Mindless and only becomes Menacing after taking enough wounds. Thematically it would make more sense to me if it was the other way around.

Also, given the name Brain Damage, I might suggest rewording this ability as a negative power. IE, give them 5 attack to begin with and rewrite Brain Damage as

Quote:
Brain Damage
If Jzackkc has 4 or more wounds on his Army Card, he has the Mindless personality and subtracts 2 from his attack dice.
There's also a typo in Overextend Attack where you mention Alastair.

Krowln seems cool. I worry that he might be a bit boring to play, as he's essentially a huge beatstick, but the coolness is worth it. I'd also actually consider drafting Morsbane with him to negate that power, haha!

And lastly, I LOVE the Dwarzgo design. The special attack does a great job representing a scattershot that randomly either spreads out to deal less damage to a greater area, or ends up hitting a more concentrated area for more damage. I did have one question about what happens if you roll 1 skull, 1 shield, and 1 blank. Does the attack only hit everything adjacent to the original target, or does it also hit everyone adjacent to the figure targeted due to the shield roll? I think going by the card as written it should be the first option, but its not totally clear to me one way or the other. Also, if you wanted the card to feel more "official", you could specify that a player should roll Aquilla Valkyrie dice for the attack to avoid problems with 1st edition Master Sets.
Old February 28th, 2021, 11:11 AM
I could go

1 skull, 1 shield, and 1 blank

Kinda hard to do with 2 dice.

Will reply with better detail (and probably enact a fair number of changes) when on my computer!)

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 28th, 2021, 02:09 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll await your updates/changes before I comment on the 3 new cards. I really like the Dwarf Gunners a lot, the potential to ping a group of figures and see who blanks is fantastic and may come up a bit

Even if it is an attack of 2 at 6 range, I'm fine with that. The 1 skull, 1 blank roll for splash damage won't come up often and even if it does you are relying on the opponent whiffing so I don't see an issue with it at all.
Old March 1st, 2021, 08:10 AM
I could go

Replies and another spoiler...

Thanks for stopping by gents.

quoting @Captain Stupendous
Quote:
Very cool designs as always! I like the interactions between Brain Damage and Overextend Attack and how there's more of a cost to using it than usual. I do wonder if there is a typo in Brain Damage though? Currently he starts the game as Mindless and only becomes Menacing after taking enough wounds. Thematically it would make more sense to me if it was the other way around.

Also, given the name Brain Damage, I might suggest rewording this ability as a negative power. IE, give them 5 attack to begin with and rewrite Brain Damage as...
Mostly implemented.

For Foulspawn like Jack and Zack, Mindless will actually be a good thing, although the actual details are still up in the air. For now, having two brains just confuses them, so they don't really know how to be menacing.

Quote:
There's also a typo in Overextend Attack where you mention Alastair.
No there's not.

Quote:
Krowln seems cool. I worry that he might be a bit boring to play, as he's essentially a huge beatstick, but the coolness is worth it. I'd also actually consider drafting Morsbane with him to negate that power, haha!
Not a bad use for Morsbane then! This was actually a design I was struggling with. (The mini on the left is actually Krowln, a slight bit less imposing than I wanted, but alas). I didn't want to basically redo Gug/Grimnak with a devouring power, but didn't have much else to do with it. So, just giving him beefy stats and major drawback power is cool. It also opens up the door for future Kaijus. Eventually I want Godzilla character proxies

Quote:
And lastly, I LOVE the Dwarzgo design. The special attack does a great job representing a scattershot that randomly either spreads out to deal less damage to a greater area, or ends up hitting a more concentrated area for more damage. I did have one question about what happens if you roll 1 skull, 1 shield, and 1 blank. Does the attack only hit everything adjacent to the original target, or does it also hit everyone adjacent to the figure targeted due to the shield roll? I think going by the card as written it should be the first option, but its not totally clear to me one way or the other. Also, if you wanted the card to feel more "official", you could specify that a player should roll Aquilla Valkyrie dice for the attack to avoid problems with 1st edition Master Sets.
For now I just wrote a note on their army card telling players not to use the red/blues. In general I don't really like calling out Valkyrie dice unless the figure is actually a major emissary of that general (like the flags). I'll think of better wording later, but for now, players should infer that they should be using dice with skulls and shields on it.

quoting @Shiftrex

Quote:
I'll await your updates/changes before I comment on the 3 new cards. I really like the Dwarf Gunners a lot, the potential to ping a group of figures and see who blanks is fantastic and may come up a bit

Even if it is an attack of 2 at 6 range, I'm fine with that. The 1 skull, 1 blank roll for splash damage won't come up often and even if it does you are relying on the opponent whiffing so I don't see an issue with it at all.
While we were playing them in a game a couple weeks ago, the splash damage was very fun. It didn't really do damage, I think they only dealth 25 points of damage that game, but it was very fun to hope for my opponent to whiff. Also, you would be looking for as many opportunities as you can to get a potentially big scatter, so that hopefully something whiffs. It played a lot like the Grenades Special Attack on the Airborne Elite... just actually usable.

Update log:
Wrecking Crew: Defense up to 3, from 2.
(they fell way too easily for my big expensive squad, hopefully a third die will help)

Elder Cloka: Hallucinations now triggers per turn and Time Warp now triggers on an 18. He still isn't very good.

Jzackkc: Life up to 7, from 6. Brain Damage updated as pretty much Capt Stupendous's wording.

Dwarzgo Empire Gunners: Just added a note to tell players that no, you should not be using the red dice to abuse the mechanics of the power.

Agent Wells: Wait, he hasn't be previewed yet. Well, since I'm here...

Agent Wells
Spoiler Alert!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; March 1st, 2021 at 08:11 AM. Reason: See? I update my cards once in a while...
Old March 4th, 2021, 07:14 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm a fan of Agent Wells, I feel like we were missing a legitimate psychokinetic user in scape and I didn't realize it until I saw this. I think the Hot Lava death will be offset by the higher roll because of how close he needs to get and the fact that he is a melee character.

What kind of mini do you have lined up for the Agent? I don't normally imagine someone at 4A without some sort of weapon so I was curious.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards