Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 5th, 2011, 06:05 AM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Re: Nadi's Maps (Goto pg.35) - 04/30/11 (3 New / 1 Re-issue)

Ooo! Def. take some pictures! I'd love to see that!

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:44 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Re: Nadi's Maps (Goto pg.35) - 07/25/11 - New Maps Coming...

Greetings all. Been awhile. I figured it was time that I got my quarterly 'disappear / reappear' act done. LOL. Seems to be the norm for me. Gung-Ho on HerosScape for a few months... MIA for a few months... So, while I'm in the reappearing phase... I figured I would take the time and post some of the newer maps that I have been working on.

However, I hit a snag. Seems that since my last vanishing bit... I have seemed to run out of 'site supporter' status. Now, before anyone says: "Well, why didn't you just buy the lifetime membership?", well... I had already bought site support status once before... so I couldn't see spending $45.00 ON TOP of $15.00 that I already spent. But, now that I've hit a cross-road point here... I was wondering if it would be possible if I could do the following:

Renew my site supporter status (which I have no problems in doing at all... I gladly support this site!), but since this is my THIRD TIME being a site supporter here, I'm curious if the powers that be would allow me to convert my $15.00 'one year' membership into a lifetime, since I have technically spent $45.00 for site supporting at this point. If that is possible (or allowed), who do I need to contact in order to make this happen?

On unrelated HeroScape news...

I also want to take a moment and say that in February 2012, I will be introducing a new 'future-HeroScaper' to my household. My wife and I will be expecting our first child together. To early to tell at this point if it is boy or a girl, but I know how much fun I have had teaching my nephew (who is 9 now... fixing to turn 10!) how to play HeroScape, which in turn, has gotten his mother and father involved in playing as well. It has been a real treat and I CANNOT WAIT to teach my own kid how to play HeroScape as they grow older.

Hockey & HeroScape. What other pleasures are there in life? LOL. (Kidding, of course.)

So, while I try to see if I can get this site supporter status taken care of, I hope to have some new maps (about 12 new ones so far) at some point this week. Most of them are 1v1v1 (or 3 ways), since it always seems that our groups are multiples of 3's when it comes time to play.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:01 PM

Re: Nadi's Maps (Goto pg.35) - 08/02/11 - 15 New Maps

Alright! Now that I got my Site Supporter situation under control... it is time to start rolling out the latest maps here. They cover a wide range, but a lot of them are 3 Player / Symmetry (as stated in previous post) that we often have multiples of 3 that end up playing.... and three-way maps are some of my favorites! So, here they are, in the order released:

Unknown Future - 3BftU, 2RttFF, 1TT
Spoiler Alert!

Lost Up Here - 3BftU, 1FotA
Spoiler Alert!

Under The Boardwalk - 2RotV, 2RttFF, 1FotA
Spoiler Alert!

Feigned Mirage - 2SotM, 3BftU, 2TJ
Spoiler Alert!

Treehouse - 2SotM, 3RttFF
Spoiler Alert!

My Left, Your Right - 1RotV, 1SotM, 1BftU
Spoiler Alert!

Choke On It - 3RotV, 3BftU, 1TT
Spoiler Alert!

Open Void - 2RotV, 2BftU
Spoiler Alert!

The Sandbox - 2RotV, 2BftU
Spoiler Alert!

Bubbly - 1RotV, 1BftU, 1RttFF
Spoiler Alert!

Cray-Vas - 6RotV, 3BftU, 3RttFF
Spoiler Alert!

Splish Splash - 2RotV, 1BftU
Spoiler Alert!

Suck In The Fat - 2RotV, 1BftU
Spoiler Alert!

Peek-A-Boo - 2BftU, 1RttFF, 1FotA
Spoiler Alert!

Wide Open Quicks - 2RotV, 1BftU, 1RttFF
Spoiler Alert!

*** Whew *** That's a lot to update in a single day. (Not just here, but also upload to the files area.) These haven't been added to the page 1 index, but as always, they are always added in the SHS Codex before anywhere first.

Now... to give my fingers a rest.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old August 6th, 2011, 01:04 AM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Nadi, you are one of the biggest contributors to the site, and all of these maps look wonderful and the many I have played on were much fun! I really seem to like your maps because it seems; you must have the same sets as me lol, I can build all of them! Keep up the good work!
Old August 6th, 2011, 01:42 AM

Thanks, Fed. Appreciate the kind words. I'm actually enjoying the time I can get here lately to actually PLAY some HeroScape. Seems we always go a few months of playing hard... then a few months of not touching it... and then just like that, back to playing again. I'm glad that there are a few people out there that have enough sets to actually build some of my maps. I realize that the large portion of people here on the site probably don't have a lot of the required sets to build a good majority of my maps, but just knowing that there are people out there that do have enough to build them, play on them, and enjoy them... makes putting them together even all the better.

I got one I'm gonna post here in a few days that is probably one of my more... 'odd' creations. It's elevated (grass level on top) and supported by columns underneath, with a whole dungeon level under it. (3 way, of course.) Not ground-breaking in terms of originality, but def. a different style of map than I'm used to making.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old September 5th, 2011, 08:47 PM

hammer-head monkey Woo who?

Playing a 2vs2 game with my family on Abysmal Valor. It's cool how it seems there are two separate games going on, but every once in a while someone with enough range shoots over at the other side of the battlefield. I slogged through a load of maps on and off this site before I found your thread; the classification by number of sets was a huge time saver! Thank you and +rep!

The Evil Chicken claims that his motivation for becoming evil was to avenge all the chickens killed by humans, despite killing and eating them himself.
Old September 6th, 2011, 06:54 AM

Thanks, Hammer.

That was the idea behind that one... have enough of a 'gap' in the middle where melee units could move in the center, with a (somewhat better) relief of being targeted from ranged units. It's hard to make a map where melee units can come into play effectively, while having some protection from ranged units, without the use of LoS blockers (or gaps, to help fill that void.) Nothing irritates me more than having your opponent being able to shoot you on his first turn (from starting zone to starting zone.) But, I realize that approach is about how 70% of the maps that people play are preferred. (Which is totally understandable.)

That reminds me... I've got two new maps to place on here... one of which, I'm fixing to put up for my next build and play...

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:36 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Somehow I missed this thread for all this time. Your maps are gorgeous! I just downloaded some for my C3G playtests, can't wait to try 'em out!
Old November 14th, 2013, 02:49 PM

Hello, Scapers. Been awhile.

I came across some of my unpublished map builds the other day and though: "I wonder what's going on over at the old HS site." So, I decided to pop my head in and take a look. My wife and I purchased our first house together a few months ago, so sadly, my HeroScape stuff has been packed up for awhile, but I'm itching to not only get some of it out again and play... but maybe make a few new maps based on the new size limitations that I have.

I do have a few maps that are not released yet, that have been finished for awhile. I need to add those. I'm gonna work on the next week or two getting those put up on here. I miss the old days of when I got to play HeroScape just about every single week.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old November 14th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great to hear from you, Nadi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 14th, 2013, 03:04 PM

Thanks, Quozl. Been away for too long. Would love to get back in the habit of making some maps. I'd have to dust off the old VS program and familiarize myself with how to use it again. Hahahah. I found some old 'drafts' of maps I've been working on that were dated back around 10/11/12 (wow... just over a year ago). I need to finish some of these... then I got about two or three that I actually never published on here for download.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old August 21st, 2014, 03:12 PM

Well, I've been gone for a bit... but I've managed to get some of my last HeroScape maps dusted off and converted into PDFs and FINALLY (only after about... almost 2 years) posted on here. LOL

My map making skills have seemed to slow down a little bit... I'm not as skilled at making maps as I used to be (or at least, I don't think so... LOL) but I've managed to upload the last 10 maps that I have made between the time frame of 08/03/2011 - 08/21/2014. (Almost three years. Wow.)

Most of my HeroScape stuff is at my parent's house, because my house doesn't have all the room for it anymore. However, I've managed to play a few rounds (and possibly another future round coming up here in the next few weeks!) so I've been dusting off the map skills and I hope to actually get to play a few of these before too long.

Miss the old days of more Scape'n.

Pics of the newest maps to come very soon.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios