Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Your opponent accidentally rolled too many dice...
Your opponent MUST re-roll the correct amount of dice 29 51.79%
You may decide whether your opponent must re-roll or accept the outcome of the invalid roll 27 48.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 18th, 2008, 07:20 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What do YOU do about invalid rolls?

I just got in an argument with my girlfriend during a game (yes, I realize the pettiness of my opening statement).

I rolled attack dice with a McDirk Warrior adjacent to Finn:

She rolled defense dice with Q9 in RotV Raelin's view:

3 wounds on ol' Quiggley, and he was engaged. Beautiful. But wait, she says, "Oops, I rolled too many dice." I told her not to worry about it, I'll take the result. She refused put the wounds on Q9 and said she HAD to roll the correct amount of dice. I told her there's almost no chance, even with one less die, that she's going to roll worse - she shouldn't roll again. She refused to listen and rolled anyway:

One less wound. Q9 eventually took another wound not too far down the road, but he pummelled nearly all my figures with 3 wounds on him almost the whole time, when that "third" wound should have been his fourth wound. I just could not enjoy myself the rest of the game. I've read through The Dice-Rolling Magna Carta (most of it, anyway), but this wasn't a tournament, just a game at home while we watched truth give prizes away to everyone but us (). What's the general consensus here? Should she have rolled again?
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:23 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What do YOU do about invalid rolls?

01010100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110000 01101111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00101110
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:23 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

In your scenario we would leave the roll as is.
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:24 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There's Nooblar - now all we need is Necro to complain about a binary poll and we've got a party!
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:30 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation

In the too many situation, I usually remove the most favorable dice. In your case, the lone shield of the first roll.

When it's too few, tough luck unless you catch it within a few seconds of rolling. Then we'll let the extra die sneak in.

This is all casual play habits.

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:32 PM

oni is surprisingly tart

Always let her win.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:34 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni View Post
Always let her win.
..especially if she is a wookie...
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

See here: The Dice-Rolling Magna Carta

(and for the record, I agree with hexlotsofnumbers)
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post

Thanks, Cav, but I quoted that thread in my post. funrun's "official" ruling is that the dice MUST be re-rolled, but many others in the thread disagreed, including IMax (who we all know is always right ).
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post

Thanks, Cav, but I quoted that thread in my post. funrun's "official" ruling is that the dice MUST be re-rolled, but many others in the thread disagreed, including IMax (who we all know is always right ).
Sorry, I admit I only scanned the text of your first post, so I missed your reference.
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:42 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

and i agree with Cavalier,

we either take the most favorable dice away (the sheild in this case) since your opponent did mess up,

but anyway you should let her win

DeadEye
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni View Post
Always let her win.
I'm way too competitive for that - but she knows that.

And Onacara, you calling my girl a wookie?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion