Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 14th, 2017, 09:15 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Bananas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillanators View Post
I found gorillas really useful against units like krug, because all you have to do is put one of them adjacent to him, maybe with height advantage, and krug is useless until you kill the rest of their team, then you can focus on krug
I have to disagree with this. If I were using Krug I would just disengage, and HOPE you get that disengagement hit, then I would just keep trudging on with +1 attack, and you just wasted a turn with one of your gorillinators.
And if I were using the Gorillnators, I'd simply refrain from making the leaving engagement attack and let you keep running around with your double attack of two - see how well that and your 1 attack Arrow Gruts can hurt me. Not sure how effective this strategy would be anyway, but it sounds creative, at least.
Well, usually the Arrow Gruts come with Swog Riders. Since the Gruts have 6 move, they can get high ground more easily than other ranged units. Combine this with the fact that Swog Riders stack, and it's not that hard to get attacks of 3. Additionally, Swog Riders have a base attack of 3 that can be used to deal with Gorillinators as well. And if Mimring is in your army, than the Gorillinators are completely toast, since Tough doesn't work against special attacks.
The monkies aren’t exactly outsped by the Arrow Gruts. G’nators have 7 move and 6 range. I suppose Mimring would be a big problem, but krug and Mimring is is 270 already, before the Arrows and Swogs. You can fit a fair number of each into the Army, but then the G’nators have their own army too. I seriously doubt anyone is gamble on 5 squads of them to win the day.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 14th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Bananas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I found gorillas really useful against units like krug, because all you have to do is put one of them adjacent to him, maybe with height advantage, and krug is useless until you kill the rest of their team, then you can focus on krug
I have to disagree with this. If I were using Krug I would just disengage, and HOPE you get that disengagement hit, then I would just keep trudging on with +1 attack, and you just wasted a turn with one of your gorillinators.
And if I were using the Gorillnators, I'd simply refrain from making the leaving engagement attack and let you keep running around with your double attack of two - see how well that and your 1 attack Arrow Gruts can hurt me. Not sure how effective this strategy would be anyway, but it sounds creative, at least.
Well, usually the Arrow Gruts come with Swog Riders. Since the Gruts have 6 move, they can get high ground more easily than other ranged units. Combine this with the fact that Swog Riders stack, and it's not that hard to get attacks of 3. Additionally, Swog Riders have a base attack of 3 that can be used to deal with Gorillinators as well. And if Mimring is in your army, than the Gorillinators are completely toast, since Tough doesn't work against special attacks.
The monkies aren’t exactly outsped by the Arrow Gruts. G’nators have 7 move and 6 range. I suppose Mimring would be a big problem, but krug and Mimring is is 270 already, before the Arrows and Swogs. You can fit a fair number of each into the Army, but then the G’nators have their own army too. I seriously doubt anyone is gamble on 5 squads of them to win the day.
One of my favorite armies is:

Arrow Gruts x3 120
Swog Riders x4 100
Mimring 150
Krug 120
Total 490

I'm confident that that army could beat any 500 point army with Gorillinators at its base like:

Gorillinators x3 270
Nakita Agents 120
Laglor 110
Total 500

Even though the G'nators and the Arrow Gruts have almost the same Range and Move, keep in mind that the G'nators are much more expensive than the Gruts. Even if you count the Swogs and Gruts together, that's still 50 points cheaper than the same number of G'nators. The G'nators cost so much, that they leave little room for anything else in your army.
Old November 14th, 2017, 09:42 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Bananas!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
One of my favorite armies is:

Arrow Gruts x3 120
Swog Riders x4 100
Mimring 150
Krug 120
Total 490

I'm confident that that army could beat any 500 point army with Gorillinators at its base like:

Gorillinators x3 270
Nakita Agents 120
Laglor 110
Total 500

Even though the G'nators and the Arrow Gruts have almost the same Range and Move, keep in mind that the G'nators are much more expensive than the Gruts. Even if you count the Swogs and Gruts together, that's still 50 points cheaper than the same number of G'nators. The G'nators cost so much, that they leave little room for anything else in your army.
The G’nators are expensive, I’ll give you that. They probably would fare poorly in a game of attrition. But that’s all well and good. I suppose there’s room to argue Zaeus (http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37535), but since he’s custom I guess he could be taboo in the discussion.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 15th, 2017, 04:58 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Gorillinators

I would say that Gorillanators are a bad idea at 3 squads or more. I feel like 2 squads is the optimal number for these guys.
Old November 15th, 2017, 05:52 PM

Gorillanators is surprisingly tart

I play gorillas at almost every tourney,and win 80-90 percent. and they key with them are take only 2 squads, nakita,then take a tanky,heavy hitter, like charos,krug,jotun, then fillers for the rest

Also the most optimal strategy is put turn one on gorillas, send them up as far as possible, this will draw in your opponent, then your turn 2 is on nakita which move up and either send gorilla backup, or bring the ones out in the field adjacent to them for engagement strike and smoke powder protection. Then you attack at the units you lured in. Turn 3 should be used on monkeys, and run them far ahead to shoot at the weaker units in the opponents start zone, since its turn 3 you have a chance at winning initiative and either a) shooting again with monkeys, or b) bring em back with the Nikita's and take more shots at the units lured in. This is where you send out your heavy hitter and ram into the enemy, who's front line and weaker, range units are mostly gone who will lock up their range or heroes, then you finish them off with monkeys,

Optimal team is
2x gorillas. 180
Nakita. 300
Krug/Frost giant. 420/440
Filler of choice. 500

Also, never use raelin, she limits your apes mobility to a 4 tile radius, then they are useless
Old November 15th, 2017, 05:59 PM

The only counter to this strategy that I've seen is special attack heavy armies, where your best hope is to send out your heavy hitter right away to try to kill them, and then go in for pokes with gorillas and then pull back, until special attackers are dead

Another tip with gorillas, is use the map, go by trees, in shadows, or grab height asap, try killing a gorilla with smoke powder,2 def,1 auto shield, and engagement strike.

Last edited by Gorillanators; November 15th, 2017 at 07:51 PM.
Old November 15th, 2017, 07:22 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I played these guys like how you set up at a tourney once thinking they need love because they are awesome looking. I placed 13th out of 14th people. Ive been playing heroscape for at least 10 years now and my strategy wasnt the problem.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 15th, 2017, 07:43 PM

What was your army?

The strategy I said was also just the base template, you don't completely stay true to it during the heat of battle, I usually use my heavy hitter in between my turns with gorillas/agents, just to mix up my playstlye

There is also the luck factor, g'nators def of one can be unreliable so always grab height, you also only go a maximum of 1 turn before moving the gorillas, to not open up your opponent options.

But I have also lost terribly with them due to, special attacks, or splash damage attacks, one time DW8K beat me in a few turns
Old November 15th, 2017, 09:33 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Now that I have more time to post....

Best armies I can come up with:

Gorillanators x2
Nakita Agents
Krug
Arrow Gruts x2

This might be the only army composition I like to include Nakitas.
------
Gorillanators x2
Fen Hydra
Marro Dividers x4

I like this one. It doesn't have Nakitas but axing them allows you to bulk up your army quite a bit. Marro Dividers give you a front line force with plenty of staying power, Hydra for the toughies, and Gorillanators for target picking.
------
The problem with Gorillanators is they have poor survivability against most units, backed up by a pitiful attack score. Move is excellent and range is good though. This might sound drastic but I think if their base attack score was 3 it would actually turn them into a solid unit. With attack at 3 these guys could hit hard but still be disposed of rather easily. Glass cannons instead of glass BB guns.
Old November 15th, 2017, 10:28 PM

Nice teams, gorillas attacks are pretty low, but they pretty much always have 3 att since they always get height, plus they usually focus on weaker units like elves,raelin,squads, etc
Old November 15th, 2017, 10:41 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Another tip with gorillas, is use the map, go by trees, in shadows, or grab height asap
Isn't this just general advice for all Heroscape units?
Old November 15th, 2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Another tip with gorillas, is use the map, go by trees, in shadows, or grab height asap
Isn't this just general advice for all Heroscape units?
It heavily applies to monkeys because of their defense of 1 and tough, most people just use them as glyph grabbers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units