Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 11th, 2007, 03:54 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by marro_master
and if i roll just 1 the monkeys have that armor of theirs .
Not armour: just thick monkey hide!
nah they can take take the pain thay are TOUGH

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old March 10th, 2008, 11:29 PM

Topher is surprisingly tart
Here is a great tactic that I have used with the Gorillinator/Nakita combo.

Place order marker one on the Gorillinators, move them in range and open fire. Then place order marker two on the Nakita and use the movement only bonding to move the Gorillinators back out of range. Now with order marker three on the Gorillinators move them back up to range and fire again.

It might be kinda obvious but I have found that it works well. It really helps off-set the Gorillinators low defense and if the enemy wishes to chase you they might have to give up elevation or a proximity bonus.
Old March 10th, 2008, 11:33 PM

NFCfan has disabled reputation
the G Nators are an interesting idea but with their special attack weakness and high cost they are unplayable in competitive settings
Old March 11th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
If Tough worked against special attacks, then they'd be worth their salt... as is, they can be fun, but not terribly effective.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old March 27th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My brother-in-law picked up Gorillas & Hounds x2 today (automatic multiple commons, I'm so proud of him) and I finally got a chance to try the Gorillanators out. I can really see why they have fans. Together with the Nakitas, they were doing an okay job of wearing down Sentinels and Syvarris. My movement bonding group just roared forward and took control of glyphs, road, and height while snapping off shots along the way-- it was great.

Then Q9 opened up with his special attack, and it was all over. Oh well. They'll be fun to bring out now and then when I know for sure the enemy is special-attack-less.

(The Marrdens were a lot more promising. Yes, their unpredictable movement and their potential to kill your own troops did hurt me. They're hard to place properly in your start zone. But it still feels like the good outweighs the bad by a lot.)
Old March 27th, 2008, 09:46 PM

for 60 points I'd find the G Nators much more appealing, but 90 for a 3 squad unit that gets torched by anything with a special attack is all but unplayable unless you know exactly what your opponent has
Old March 27th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
If for some reason I had to play them in a game I cared anything about winning, I would design the rest of my army around somehow beating the special-attack weakness. I think they need to partner with hero-killing experts, the best ones you can possibly squeeze in. Most special attacks come from heroes, so you want at least one reliable way to slap those heroes with 5 or hopefully more dice at once. Gorillanators are the paper; Major Q9 is the scissors; Venom is the rock. (Except that in this case the rock can beat up the paper too.)
Old March 27th, 2008, 10:54 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I'm assuming that would be at 600 points with 3x Gorillas? Doesn't quite fit into 500.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 28th, 2008, 07:56 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Maybe Zetacron will come in at 100 or 110 to fill the "special attack killer" gap in this army?

There's always Alastair at 110, who can throw 5 dice twice at Q9 or Nilf.

You could also try negating them with Morsbane, albeit a longshot. That would actually seem to be a really cool idea..... Negate the special attacks with Morsbane and let the monkeys kill everything. Too bad Morsbane sucks....

Nevertheless, maybe I'll try this in my next game for fun:

Gorillas x3 - 270
Nakitas - 120
Morsbane - 100
Isamu - 10

Total = 500

OR

Gorillas x2 - 180
Nakitas - 120
Raelin - 80
Morsbane - 100
Kyntela - 20

Total = 500, with a little more emphasis on keeping Morsbane and the monkeys alive. Of couse, even if Q9 is negated, no one in either of these armies can wound him....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 28th, 2008, 04:36 PM

i see killercactus somewhat likes my idea of adding Morsbane to the Gorillas
Old March 28th, 2008, 06:41 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus
Gorillas x2 - 180
Nakitas - 120
Raelin - 80
Morsbane - 100
Kyntela - 20

Total = 500, with a little more emphasis on keeping Morsbane and the monkeys alive. Of couse, even if Q9 is negated, no one in either of these armies can wound him....
That would be a very pointless 20 point waste. Go with Marcu Esenwein instead. Kyntela wouldn't be of any assistance to any unit in that army but Morsbane, and she isn't worth an Order Marker every turn just to keep up with Morsbane, who has to keep up with the G-nators.
Old March 28th, 2008, 08:01 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah, I have to agree here. It takes three order markers to move all three of those, which makes it hard to cordinate attacks well. I'd replace Kyntella with Marcu.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units