Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old August 8th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForAiur View Post
Side-locking isn't as with the original tiles. They are able to get into the ridges of the other tile, but you can just drag them out again, not as with original heroscape where you had to move stuff up or down to disconnect it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tuefn0bho...mvw66AmRa?dl=0

I'm using the files you made for me and multiply the size by 2540 to move it from pixels or whatever that is to inches.
3d printers have different tolerances. My 3d printer seems to print things such as holes and outer perimeters slightly bigger.

How is the rest of the tile? Try surrounding it with other tiles and see if it is a loose or tight fit. If it's loose, maybe you can increase the size just a little more. (Your conversion ratio seems right: on my printer, I have to multiply by 25.4 to convert to inches.)

If the tile is the right size, but the tabs are loose, let me know. I have the hex modeled in Pro Engineer and it's an easy change to increase the size of the tabs. If you can snap a picture to show me how loose they are, that would help even more.
Old August 12th, 2017, 03:06 AM

ForAiur is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Here you can see some photos and a video of the parts. The ones on my worse printe r(M3D) were a BIIIIT more scratching at each other when I was moving them apart, but they were also clearly not holding on to each other.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k9ptq9ptk...MN1G5Ilua?dl=0
Old August 14th, 2017, 09:21 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForAiur View Post
Here you can see some photos and a video of the parts. The ones on my worse printe r(M3D) were a BIIIIT more scratching at each other when I was moving them apart, but they were also clearly not holding on to each other.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k9ptq9ptk...MN1G5Ilua?dl=0
I can adjust to fix that.

One more question: How do the tiles mesh with standard Heroscape tiles?

I found that the tiles were tighter with Heroscape tiles than with other 3D printed tiles. If that is the case, then we'll need to determine where they are tight and where they are loose so that I know where to adjust.
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:18 AM

Uploaded a photo and a video with original tiles into the already linked Dropbox folder. It's the same or maybe a little bit better, but in no way close to gripping like real HS ties. I'm slowly starting to get into 3D modelling and I'm thinking that it would be best to model an original HS tile 1:1 so also the parts at the bottom are broader than the parts at the top etc. But I will need some weeks to get to that level.
Old September 15th, 2017, 04:50 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Would it be possible to update the OP to remove the curse of the photobucket?
Old September 15th, 2017, 06:17 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Done. It would be nice to have pics showing what all those files look like though so if new pics can be provided I can add those in.
Old September 15th, 2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Done. It would be nice to have pics showing what all those files look like though so if new pics can be provided I can add those in.
Yeah, I've been meaning to transfer my photos to another host. I'll make it a goal to do it over the next two months.
Old September 15th, 2017, 02:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Cool. If anyone posts any new images to replace the ones Photobucket stole from us, be sure to label what it is using the same description I have for the file so I put those images in the correct place. Thanks!
Old September 22nd, 2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
Wo-sa-ga please! That should be easy, and it's soooo expensive
(See Scapedoods figures)

Last edited by White Knight; December 19th, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 07:12 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
Wo-sa-ga please! That should be easy, and it's soooo expensive
Wo-Sa-Ga
Niice!!
Old September 30th, 2017, 04:24 PM

A kickstarter by Fat Dragon Games will provide hill tiles that can be resized to Heroscape size. They aren't compatible but since Fat Dragon Games makes such good models I bet there will be a lot of modifications and add ons to these hill tiles later on. I pledged:

Old October 3rd, 2017, 05:34 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Just realized that these are not in the index.

Still needs some tweaks to make it even closer to the original. This was quickly done superimposing some photos in blender so it's not real accurate.

Download

About the print. 0.1mm 0% infill, printed without problems in 1h 30m. Could be much faster if I had set bottom layers to 0.

And the 3 hex outcrop:
Download

Original (left) vs. Scan (right)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing