Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 10th, 2010, 09:02 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Matt Helm's Customs - DARTH VADER card by A3n up

I have tweaked the Star Wars card slightly - changed colours, size & the position of a few of the elements, also added the Empire logo as a watermark. I am a lot happier with it now. I have put it also on the photobucket site...

One question for anybody to give their opinion on:
Should I;
  1. Add the faction name under the characters name, ala classic scape?
  2. Add the faction name under the logo & above the character name - nothing wrong with being different? Or,
  3. Don't include faction names as the logos will be enough?

Cheers
Old May 10th, 2010, 09:08 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Two questions - why is his Attack stat line highlighted in red, and what's with the spotlight for his hitzone silhouette?
Old May 10th, 2010, 09:40 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Two questions - why is his Attack stat line highlighted in red, and what's with the spotlight for his hitzone silhouette?
The stats are coloured as per the background colours they normally are on the official cards (Green, Grey, Red, Blue). I was attempting to make it look like the green holographic monitors so instead of having the separate coloured background I used separate colours for each of the stats text.

The spotlight is supposed to resemble the holographic projectors used in Star Wars. A little creative addition to add a bit of flavour - but if you didn't recognise it, I would say that I failed.

The whole objective I was aiming for was a whole new universe from Classic & Marvel Scape. Trying to maintain an overall thematic style whilst not drastically changing the layout. I saw this last part as crucial & the hardest obstacle in making something unique, but there are slight variations in the placement of the elements from classic scape to marvel scape so I took a little liberty here also.

Cheers
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:00 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
The spotlight is supposed to resemble the holographic projectors used in Star Wars. A little creative addition to add a bit of flavour - but if you didn't recognise it, I would say that I failed.
I dunno about that - I just haven't watched Star Wars in a very long time.
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:39 AM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Impresive most impresive. I for one recognised the holographic progector right off. The collors on the stat lines are close enough that at first glance only the attack dice one stands out. And I for one vote no faction necesary. The symbol is there and there is plenty of people changing and working with others that I don't think one is nessesary. What if you want to do Vader and Luke Vs. the Empreor ext.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old May 10th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

That template is awesome, A3n. I love the holographic hit zone image. Very fun transation! I only have a couple of suggestions.
  • I don't particularly like the multicolor Move, Range, Attack and Defense. I think it draws the eye away from the art.
  • Life look out of place. The red blood mark doesn't really do it for me on this template. Perhaps something original?
That's pretty much all I have. Overall, this is awesome. I hope you put together these as templates that you release similar to GreyOwl. I will definitely use them for my Star Wars customs.
Old May 10th, 2010, 04:19 PM

I'll make I have made my own thread for discussions about this Star Wars template.

Cheers

Last edited by A3n; May 10th, 2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old May 10th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

A3n is the absolute greatest Heroscaper in the world!!!!

My goodness, all in one swoop he turned out an incredible set of cards on his new template. I am completely floored. And after seeing Darth vader, I'm ready to congratulate him on his upcoming job offer with WOTC to be head graphic designer of Heroscape cards.

I hate to throw around the word perfect, but with the new A3n/GO template, the Superscape cards are just down right exquisite. I thank you with a thousand "Thank You's". I can't rave about the art enough and I sure hope you tally up some serious rep for this generous assistance to the Helm designs as well as the for the creation of the soon to be Star Wars template to beat.

To answer your question on the Agents of SHIELD, I had heard that the Medic was off scale (too small) to satisfy my crazy OCD tendencies. I've never seen the piece so let me know if I'm wrong. But overall I still think the way the squad is written it should be 3 figs and not 4. I think 4 attacks would make them very powerful. So if the medic is actually the right scale, maybe we can substitute her in for the pistol guy (who has a slightly different color uniform) and work on him as a common hero.

I'll comment on Darth Vader in your new thread... but right here I love everything about it including the hit zone projection (I like Felinder recognized what you were going for without a problem) and the colors of the base stats. I have a suggestion for the watermark so I'll move it to the other thread.

Last edited by Matt Helm; May 10th, 2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old May 10th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

A few minor edits my man.
----------------------------------------------------------
1) Looks like the write up for Mr. Fantastic was in error. Sopmehow we defaulted to an older version. The NM24 MR. Fantastic should read:

TEAM LEADER BONUS
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Mr. Fantastic, you may take a turn with one other Teammate you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Mr. Fantastic.

ENTANGLE 9
Instead of attacking, you may choose an opponent’s Unique Hero within 2 clear sight spaces and roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, Mr. Fantastic may move to an empty space adjacent to the chosen Unique Hero and remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from that Unique Hero’s card.

RUBBER WRAP
Opponent’s figures adjacent to Mr. Fantastic cannot roll for any leaving engagement attacks.

STRETCH
When counting spaces for Mr. Fantastic’s movement, ignore elevations. Mr. Fantastic may Stretch over water without stopping, Stretch over figures without becoming engaged and Stretch over obstacles such as ruins. Mr. Fantastic may not Stretch more than 40 levels up in a single Stretch. If Mr. Fantastic is engaged when he starts to Stretch, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
---------------------------------------------------------

2) Wonder Woman should have SUPERSTRENGTH

.... and for some reason, there are two copies of WW in the photobucket.

---------------------------------------------------------
3) Lex Luthor is also an older version. He should read:

MASTER PLANNER
If you win initiative and Order Marker 1 is revealed on this card, before taking a turn with Lex Luthor, you may take a turn with 1 other Unique Hero you control.

KRYPTONITE SHARD
Kryptonians adjacent to Lex Luthor roll 3 less attack dice. When Lex Luthor defends against an adjacent Kryptonian, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

STOLEN BOOM TUBE
Instead of his normal movement, Lex Luthor may use Stolen Boom Tube. Choose a straight line from Lex Luthor and roll the 20-sided die to determine the number of spaces that Lex Luthor may move along that straight line. When Lex Luthor travels using Stolen Boom Tube, he may ignore elevations, boom tube over water without stopping and pass over obstacles and figures without becoming engaged. When Lex Luthor starts to move using Stolen Boom Tube, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Last edited by Matt Helm; May 10th, 2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old May 11th, 2010, 02:53 AM

Re: Matt Helm's Customs - * cards with new template by A3n u

All fixed now.

Spoiler Alert!

Let me know which of your other cards are right to go & I'll start on them as I get the opportunity.

As for the medic I can definitely say she is in proportion to the crouching AE, but as I don't have the other agents I can't comment on them as a group.

Cheers
Old May 11th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I'll comment on Darth Vader in your new thread... but right here I love everything about it including the hit zone projection (I like Felinder recognized what you were going for without a problem) and the colors of the base stats. I have a suggestion for the watermark so I'll move it to the other thread.
Where is this thread? I couldn't find it for some reason.
Old May 11th, 2010, 08:56 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Where is this thread? I couldn't find it for some reason.
Go back up a few posts...

or click here

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations