Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 9th, 2010, 02:44 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Bodyguard - ERB Phase ;-)

Yea
Old September 9th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

This passes. I will update the playtesting thread ASAP.
Old September 9th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sweet.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 13th, 2010, 09:00 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Here we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
CHECK LIST FOR FIGURE UNITS
- THEME TEST/
Pass. The male Krav Maga Agent who is not black seems to be a great sculpt if he didn't have the gun.
- MIRROR TEST/

No problems here. Pass.
- BONDING TEST/ Pass, but clarification questiong time! It says "instead of moving a Crime Lord or Mastermind..." so can the figure still attack after the 3 Bodyguards move?
- SYNERGIES TEST/

Pass.
- POWER CHECK/

Pass, but I think 15 or 10 points better suits them, they have really bad stats and only one attack per turn at maximum is not that good. I would take Marcu or any 25 pointer over them anyday, even with Criminal stuff around.
-

FUN TEST/ Pass, more fun than I thought!
-

FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Pass.
- DRAFTING TEST/

Eh...see Power Check.
- USAGE TEST/

Pass.
- STRATEGY TEST/

Pass.
PLAY TEST LIST FOR FIGURE UNITS
All tests done on Swamp Thing.

- HEAVY HITTER TEST

/ Vs. Marcu win: Bodyguard, fair fight.
Vs. Drow Chainfighter win: Drow Chainfighter win: Chainfighter, Chain Grab gave him height he needed.
Vs. Dumutef Guard win: Dumutef Guard, fair fight.
Vs. Guilty McCreech win: Guilty w/ 0 wounds, Double Attack gave him more chances.
Vs. Swog Rider win: Bodyguard, he got a lucky roll.

- SQUAD TEST
/ 5 securely prepared Bodyguards Vs. 2 howling packs of Marro Drudge (2 squads).
Win: All 6 Drudge! Round 2, Turn 3, they won because of the fact that they get in 3 attacks per turn, vs. only 1 from the Guards.
- ARMY TESTS

/ Note: Each test uses the following army: 6 Bodyguards, Penguin, Riddler, Two-Face, and Red Skull.

Opposing Army V (Vigilantes): Black Canary, Huntress, Batman, and Robin.
The Dynamic Duo (the real one, Batman and Robin) move first. Then, taking advantage of Red Skull's full flexability, 3 Bodyguards set up in defensive position. The Dynamic Duo moves again, this time with a swift Batarang to pick off 2 Guards. Penguin's high esteem for himself rudely takes Red Skull's turn, by Coptering onto a cliff. The Duo meet him, with Robin punching him for 2 wounds. Penguin fights back with Umbrella Gun, but misses the protected Robin and instead hits Batman for 3 wounds. Details in Security move the Bodyguards closer to the action, and Batman kills Penguin with a Batarang while Robin finishes off a nearby Guard. Seeing this unkind display, another Guard springs into action. But Batman throws another Batarang, killing the Guard and his dear friend. Robin deals 4 wounds to Red Skull from a distance, angering him so much that he uses his Dust of Death to kill the Sidekick. Batman is too evasive for Red Skull's following attack though, and returns that wound to the Mastermind. Batman then kills the Mastermind and Evasively dodges a Bodyguard attack to wipe out the last of the Crime Lords' defence.

Opposing Army I (Insane Units): Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Swamp Thing (not Insane, but good map for him and needed to get my feet wet), and Joker.
Joker reorganizes things to arise chaos, and sure enough, out comes a Bodyguard after Swamp Thing who just used The Green. Swamp Thing needs a warm-up and kills the Bodyguard, only to have another one dash into the fray. Ivy comes forth, too far away for a physical attack, killing the Guard with PLant Animation. Penguin puts himself ahead of the team again and moves forth. Joker Reorganizes things once more, and Swamp Thing wounds Penguin. Another Guard moves forth, and Swamp Thing continues to wound Penguin twice more. The Guard moves again, aswell as Ivy, Quinn, and Riddler. Joker Reorganizes things for the last time (I think), and Swamp Thing finishes off Penguin. That Bodyguard does manage to wound Swamp Thing though. Harley uses her Bomb near the opposing start zone, killing Riddler in one shot, as well as dealing 2 wounds to Two-Face and 3 to Red Skull. Ivy's Plants kill the only successful Bodyguard, and Quinn moves again. Another Guard moves and attacks, but Quinn is too Acrobatic and retreats to the cliffs unharmed. Something comes up and 3 more Bodyguards move, but one of them gets caught off guard and dies from Ivy. Red Skull moves and deals a wound to Ivy for treating his Guard like a toy. Ivy doesn't like it, but misses her attack and lets Quinn kill a Guard. The final Bodyguard manages to wound Ivy, but not long thereafter Harley finishes him off.

Analysis: Bodyguards are units that really give this game a superhero athourity feel. Although they lacked potential, the units added fun and strategy to the game. They act as distractions and dragon fodder, if you will. I think at this level, Isamu is a better choice, therefore 10-15 points sounds reasonable under my thinking cap.

I would say "There, happy?" but that is just plain rude and I would never do something like that, especially to an adult. This test was more fun than I thought at first, and real life delayed me, probable causing you to assume some things. I took the test, asked if I could switch, got a polite no from Hahma a few minutes after, and continued on my way. I do appreciate your understanding. Good night.
Old September 13th, 2010, 09:07 PM

I did not know that you had told Scape Mange "No" to the switching of playtests Hahma.... but if you did, thanks for that. Switching tests and telling someone "I don't wanna test this anymore, because I want to test Gordon" is just rude and something that we Heroes would never do to each other. That was what he told me, and I burned his chaps a little bit for it.
Old September 13th, 2010, 09:08 PM

Post #3

We keep our word and handle our responsibilities and always put each other and the group before our own C3G needs.
Old September 13th, 2010, 09:14 PM

After an ERB comment and Scape's test, I could justify lowering their cost to 15 possibly, but compared to the Dumatef guards, I think these guys are still better for 5 points less.
Old September 13th, 2010, 09:51 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think 20 might be justified right now. I'll wait until the last playtest comes in to solidify my opinion though.
Besides, you're doing a good job having this conversation by yourself.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 13th, 2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn
C3G PLAY TEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Bodyguards)

- THEME TEST/
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/
PASS

- BONDING TEST/
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/
PASS? (Red Skull almost seems to over power these guys...)

- POWER CHECK/
PASS

- FUN TEST/
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/
PASS (A nice screen for Villians)

- USAGE TEST/
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/
PASS

- Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero/ Does it pass?
Spoiler Alert!

- Squad / Does it pass?

Map: Ember Canyon Road
Units: Bodyguard x10 (200) VS Marro Dividers x4 (200)
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass?
Units: Bodyguard x11, Black Mask, Penguin, Two-Face, Lex Luthor, Red Skull, Riddler (1000) VS Flash, Hal Jordan, and Superman (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

- Army Test/ Does it pass?
Units: Bodyguard x11, Black Mask, Penguin, Two-Face, Lex Luthor, Red Skull, Riddler (1000) VS Flash (To try and take out Red Skull early), Thor, Batman and Robin (1000)
Spoiler Alert!
Not a whole lot of detail here, but I can see a trend; the Bodyguards can be worth 20 points, but most of the time they are worth more like 10 or 15.
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:17 PM

I wouldn't drop them below 15. Isamu one-on-one isn't a fair comparison, because a) Isamu is undercosted and b) Isamu isn't common like these guys, or designed to be better in armies like these guys.
I think these guys take some savvy to play well, but could be worth 20 points in a properly synergy full army. I'm OK with giving them a discount based on not being very tough not in exactly the right army, though, so I'm cool with 15.
10 would be too low, though, in my opinion.
Besides, we have Moloids as fillers at 10. Let's get a 15 point filler out.

Old September 13th, 2010, 11:24 PM

I kinda want to hear from Necro on this actually. He seems to have a lot of official experience and these guys are quite comparable in terms of cost to some of their units. I am curious what he thinks especially. So Necro, your thoughts? 15 or 20 points? I am leaning to 20 still.
Old September 14th, 2010, 06:40 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

10 is definitely too low, IMO. 20 would be OK, but on their own there's nearly 0 threat level. 15 would make them a little easier to draft multiples (and better avoid always having "better" options), while not being "too cheap." Plus, as much as we've done a lot of them, as another "5" they give the Criminal faction a unit to pair up with Street Thugs to make points nice and even (though that matters less in huge point super games). The bolded part is the main argument here, I think.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library