Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old February 28th, 2008, 03:15 PM

djsmith has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon
wish I could, but im stuck in 4 very slow games. you'll find yourself frustrated by deadbeats soon, i think. We should organise an HS'ers only game ASAP though. I suggest all players keep 1 of their 4 games open for a while, then we discuss the rules when everyones familiar with the different game types.

Also, you may have noticed we COULD mod the HS world map as a custom map for the online version
Might be an idea, eh?

Also, I suggest we organise a time/date to set the game up so we can all quickly join, and not have any outsiders in it...

So, of the 8 maximum players, who'd want in?

1) Euryon
2) djsmith
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
Added me in. Love the HSers only idea! Does anyone know how well the site works from a phone with internet access?
Old February 28th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmith
Added me in. Love the HSers only idea! Does anyone know how well the site works from a phone with internet access?
It should be fine for dial-up users. They recently did some things with AJAX so that portions of pages are refreshed instead of complete pages (cuts down on their bandwidth usage).

Euryon, is this a game already setup on CC (didn't see it), or are you just getting a list here in this thread before starting it on CC? If just here, add me on the list.

When I get home from work today, I'll pay for the premium membership. This way I can create private games for HSers on CC to join. (Any CC member who knows the password can join private games.) Then I'll broadcast the password here on this thread. Stay tuned...
Old February 28th, 2008, 03:51 PM

djsmith has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmith
It should be fine for dial-up users. They recently did some things with AJAX so that portions of pages are refreshed instead of complete pages (cuts down on their bandwidth usage).

Euryon, is this a game already setup on CC (didn't see it), or are you just getting a list here in this thread before starting it on CC? If just here, add me on the list.

When I get home from work today, I'll pay for the premium membership. This way I can create private games for HSers on CC to join. (Any CC member who knows the password can join private games.) Then I'll broadcast the password here on this thread. Stay tuned...
Perfect.. If we can get a Heroscape map to play on, that would be fantastic.

I don't have internet access during the weekends except from my phone, so I hope it works fine.
Old February 28th, 2008, 04:45 PM

norseman1066 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon
wish I could, but im stuck in 4 very slow games. you'll find yourself frustrated by deadbeats soon, i think. We should organise an HS'ers only game ASAP though. I suggest all players keep 1 of their 4 games open for a while, then we discuss the rules when everyones familiar with the different game types.

Also, you may have noticed we COULD mod the HS world map as a custom map for the online version
Might be an idea, eh?

Also, I suggest we organise a time/date to set the game up so we can all quickly join, and not have any outsiders in it...

So, of the 8 maximum players, who'd want in?

1) Euryon
2)
3)norsemsn1066
4)
5)
6)
7)

For my Niece: Misty Lee Jeanveau:
http://www.northernlife.ca/News/Poli...eadon080109003
R.I.P.
Old February 28th, 2008, 04:47 PM

Count me in!!! That would be very nice as there are some people over thaere that will eat us n000bs for breakfast and give us negative feedback just for beating us or not beating us if you know what i mean.

R.I.P.
Old February 28th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker
I'm in. This looks like it will be more fun if you could take a turn every 15 minutes or so.
Old February 28th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Game on!

Any CC member can join game# 1920098, if they know the secret password ... and the password is heroscape, of course. I've gone with all the standard Risk parameters for this game, even keeping it at 6 players. The world's not big enough for 8 conquerors.

Go to the Game Finder and search on the game number.
Old February 28th, 2008, 06:48 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Game on!

Any CC member can join game# 1920098, if they know the secret password ... and the password is heroscape, of course. I've gone with all the standard Risk parameters for this game, even keeping it at 6 players. The world's not big enough for 8 conquerors.

Game on!

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old February 28th, 2008, 07:38 PM

cavie Woo who?
Quote:
Game on!

I'm there too!
Old February 28th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Spin Master

2 emtpy seats left for game 1920098.

Couple of things for CC newbies:

You have 24 hours to start your turn after the player before you finishes his turn, and you have 1 hour to finish taking your turn once you've started.

I you fail to start your turn in 24 hours, play passes on to the next player. However, on your next turn you will still get the armies as "deferred armies" that were due to you on your missed turn.

If you fail to to start your turn for 3 consecutive rounds you are auto-kicked from the game and your territories/cards are left for everyone else to scavenge.

If you fail to finish taking your turn in 1 hour, play passes on to the next player. You will not recover any armies you may have failed to deploy during that turn.

Skipping a turn can be strategical if done carefully. Opponents may forget that you have deferred armies coming along with your expected reinforcements. But skipping a turn means missed opportunity for things like getting a card, for example.
Old February 28th, 2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Game on!

norsemsn1066 reporting in. It is a typo that I didn't catch due to my poor eyesight. I'll have to live with it for now.

R.I.P.
Old February 28th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker
mecha frog reporting in. The game is on!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games