Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 12th, 2023, 03:57 PM

ogblaha is surprisingly tart
Re: O.G-Blaha's customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
For Bat Materson, an attack during you opponents turn might run into some confusing interactions, something to be aware of.

Also the way it’s currently written Gambler has no effect on Gunfighter. Do you want his abilities to interact or not really? I’m asking because they could easily interact (adding more depth to Bat Materson) with a small change. If you want them to interact you could change the duration to “until the next time you reveal an order marker”.
I didnt think about making the two abilities to work together but i think that i will.
Old August 12th, 2023, 05:29 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

P.S.: His Class is Sherif?

I was referring to the spelling!
Old August 13th, 2023, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

Oh dang well I didn't notice that I'll fix it when I go through all the suggestions
Old August 13th, 2023, 01:00 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogblaha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Oh dang well I didn't notice that I'll fix it when I go through all the suggestions
You could call him Omar Sherif.

Old August 14th, 2023, 09:19 AM

DarthLegolas is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogblaha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLegolas View Post
I like these guys, their cool and thematic. 'bout time we have gambler hero. Just a couple things that crossed my mind

There's an odd disconnect being made between your Dodge City units and the rest of Heroscapes Lawmen. If you gave the heroes the Lawman class, you could change Marshall's orders to say "take a turn with a Lawman hero you control" or even "take a turn with a Resolute Lawman hero you control" which would allow you to include both your marshal and your sheriff in the bonding. I understand if you want to keep the Deputies as "Deputies" for the sake of Marhsall's Justice though.

I like that the Deputies only have 1 attack given that they are ranged and have bonding.

Name change suggestion for Hammer of Justice: Warrant or Bounty

Only other thing is Gambler. When it comes to d20 abilities, it's typically a good idea to keep the beneficial outcomes on the higher end of the roll, and negative outcomes on the lower end. I understand what you were going for, and it may in fact still work here, but if you ever have another ability that adds to the roll (glyph of lodin for example) it's gonna feel rough to roll higher than you expected and get punished for it. It may actually discourage the player from taking the glyph (admittedly, that's relatively niche). If you've considered that, and that's kind of what you were going for, then no problem.
My goal was to keep the other law me out so that they couldnt bond with the deputies as is they can bond with clayton wyatt and bat. I was trying to make the gambler ability to be as random as i could to make it feel like you really are gambling. i also do like the name change idea and will Definity take that if its OK with you
Yes, of course you can use the name change that's why I suggested it

To Gambler, you could always add "The die roll for this ability cannot be modified by other special powers or glyphs" Just to keep the pure random vibe from being tarnished. (I'd be tempted to add a bunch more outcomes to this ability, just for the sake of randomness, but the 2 bad options/2 good options is best. Keeps the gambling feel without overbearing the card with text; well done on that front)

"...as is they can bond with clayton wyatt and bat." You can achieve the same effect by
A) Turning Wyatt and Bat into Lawmen
and
B) Wording the bonding as "take a turn with any Resolute Lawman Hero you control"

Doing this also helps the player add Clayton to their army, as he needs other Lawmen to take advantage of both his special powers.
It also prevents any weird future bonding with a future Resolute Human who doesn't fit the theme.
It would also just feel weird to have a new hero with the Sheriff class when Clayton is already a sheriff but still classified as a Lawman.

But maybe that last one is just me
Old December 2nd, 2023, 03:04 AM

Reaper was found by Valkrill to lead the undead legions and strike terror in the souls of his enemys.

Figure used- HQ 009 Scarecrow Common Figure DC Heroclix

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards