Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old August 13th, 2022, 02:15 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Re-introduction Thread

Before re-introducing myself, I want to thank all the dedicated community members; the custom creators, fiction writers, tournament organizers, software developers (including online play), ... for keeping the game alive and well all these years beyond 2010; so much so that someone at Hasborg greenlit its glorious return.

December 2004, my wife was Christmas shopping at TRU and saw this

and figured our son Spencer might enjoy it. Had she only known how it would affect her husband...

In 2005 I joined the heroscape.net fansite a couple of months before it closed.

We went to our first GenCon in 2006 where my son, at age 10, won a Heroscape Win-A-Wave tournament. We continued going to GenCon up until HS was discontinued, and 2 or 3 more times after that.

Some of the old-timers might remember that I was the troublemaker who scooped Raknar's Vision, a couple weeks before it was announced, by doing some "URL guessing" on heroscape.com. (Which I posted on heroscapeHQ.com shortly before it closed, and I forgot to save the thread/images about it *sigh*)

They might also remember the time I listened to Truth's interview with Craig in 2007 a few hours before it went live, by guessing the filename of the audio file
https://www.heroscapers.com/podcasts...sHeroscape.mp3
(Heh, at 10:56 "Pirates! Will we see pirates?" ... "War Elephants")

2024-02-20 Oops, I did it again, with Renegade's Launch.

There's my Heroscape website https://heroscape.glasq.com of course, which has been idle for about 8 years. So yeah, I know it needs a revamp. At the very least I'll keep it up-to-date with the new releases.

For more about me, here are some things to look at:
- Scaper of the Week #34
- Chicagoland Heroscaping in Hoffman Estates
- HS Codex Issue #5, page 41 and 44
- Gary's MOPs and Maps which I plan to revive soon.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; March 15th, 2024 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Scooped Renegade's Launch
Old August 18th, 2022, 12:31 PM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

One of my kids stumbled across the announcement of The Return, so I came back here to confirm it.

My first master set came from Toys R Us, too (RIP), and did many of my boosters and all of the flag bearers. Once the game folded, it still saw lots of table time in our house.

I've never been a very prolific poster, but it's good to be back (and have new 'scape coming, too!).
Old August 20th, 2022, 07:08 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

WELCOME BACK, EVERYONE!

"Your dreams were your ticket out."
--Theme song, Welcome Back Kotter

And now they're your ticket back in! The four of us have kept the flame burning monthly all this time. We stopped only for the Pandemic, but now we're playing monthly again here in Brooklyn, NY, still The New York City Gang of Four. We are Chas, Taeblewalker, Sherman Davies, and Kolakoski. We play on big four player battlefields with our own custom scenarios using Classic, Customs, Supers, and various combinations of them all.

You can try them out from my signature thread, and there are still more on Kolakoski's old Blogs. We almost never went to GenCon, but did Griznakh's/Warbanner's Islandscape tournaments out there every summer for many years, and a few New England ones, and other regional ones like those of DadScaper down in Maryland. SD and TW have been active in C3V, and with playtesting I've had a voice in a few of the custom figures. More recently, K. designed the SOV figure Kha. Some of us also have long Custom threads of our own, do Maps, and etc.

Guests are always welcome at my table here at The Game Palace. I'm retired, and host games all the time, both Scape and many others. If you are in or near NYC, send me a PM if you want to get together! We are of course excited for Age of Annihilation to continue our tabletop adventuring into the new era.

Chas
Old August 20th, 2022, 03:27 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

My brother sent me the announcement yesterday and so it almost felt like I was obligated to come back.

Best news I’ve heard all year.

~JS
Old August 20th, 2022, 03:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Welcome back JS.
Old August 20th, 2022, 04:21 PM

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Welcome back JS.
Thanks man! What new with you? It’s been way too long.

~JS
Old August 20th, 2022, 06:00 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I guess not a lot. Still doing the C3G thing.
Old August 20th, 2022, 09:14 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
My brother sent me the announcement yesterday and so it almost felt like I was obligated to come back.

~JS
Hey, long time no see! Great to see you around
Old August 20th, 2022, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:

~JS
You too man! This whole release seems to have brought old friends back together again.

How’s it hanging?

~JS
Old August 21st, 2022, 12:15 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I see a lot of familiar faces, er, avatars here. Great memories!

Old August 21st, 2022, 10:20 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:

~JS
You too man! This whole release seems to have brought old friends back together again.

How’s it hanging?

~JS
I’m doing great! Life finally seems to have settled down, I bought my own place and I spending at lot of time with friends, family, and my kittens . How about you?
Old August 21st, 2022, 10:22 AM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!

I love seeing all the old guard again.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online