Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 13th, 2018, 01:17 AM

antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker
Re: Antmarchingroves' Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmarchingroves View Post
Check out some of the maps I've designed here!

ARV Submission Maps:

Valledonn Fortress

ValledonnFortress_V2

Personal Backstory:
What was once a mighty stronghold, now overrun by a merciless force. Valledonn Fortress has remained desolate and empty for more than a century. Many spirits still roam the quiet, abandoned halls of the now broken down fortress. Outsiders will ever be drawn to this place, in search of the Imperial Staff of Valledonn once wielded by the Great Valledonn Wizard. Many armies inhabit regions of the southernmost part of the Tahelenk Tundra, keeping a close eye on the deserted fortress for fear of someone entering its open door and finding that coveted staff!

[/Spoiler]
@Sir Heroscape and @BiggaBullfrog - After playing a game on Valledonn Fortress, I felt like much of the road on the map was on higher ground (level3), near the choke points created by the 3 three-wall sections in the middle of the map. This seemed to create more of a focus point for battle since you could sit on the road, have height advantage and also create a choke point. So I moved the 2 three-wall sections near the start zones back a space to create less of a choke point and lowered most the road to the second level, then built up the rock around it some more. I feel like it solves that issue and also looks more aesthetically pleasing now.

I would love your feedback on this reworking of the map compared to my original submission. I have included both versions here for an easier comparison.

And sorry for the last minute request for feedback . . .
Old March 13th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:

ARV Submission Maps:

Valledonn Fortress

ValledonnFortress_V2
I'm not a judge, but the revision looks good. The only thing I don't like is that the glyph through the door is no longer next to a higher level, so it is safe from height attacks. The area through the door actually looks pretty powerful, because it's higher than the rest of the road, and it can see most of the road. Other than that, I like it.
Old March 13th, 2018, 10:21 AM

antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker antmarchingroves knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Quote:

ARV Submission Maps:

Valledonn Fortress

ValledonnFortress_V2
I'm not a judge, but the revision looks good. The only thing I don't like is that the glyph through the door is no longer next to a higher level, so it is safe from height attacks. The area through the door actually looks pretty powerful, because it's higher than the rest of the road, and it can see most of the road. Other than that, I like it.
@Leaf_It - Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking the same thing shortly after I sent this out for some feedback, so I reworked the map once again to address that very issue. So here is my third and final revision to address the height issue around the glyph near the door. Let me know what you guys think.

Valladonn Fortress_V3
Old March 13th, 2018, 11:15 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Looks fine to me.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 13th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Me too I'm glad you took time to do a little playtesting on it!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 13th, 2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Looks fine to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Me too I'm glad you took time to do a little playtesting on it!
Thanks guys! I'll edit my original post in the contest thread with the updated versions of my maps.
Old March 29th, 2018, 07:12 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

It’s saying Invalid or Deleted File for me.
Old July 27th, 2018, 12:34 PM

ARV Submission Maps: New ARV Map Submissions Added 7/27/18!!

Secret Treasures of Valhalla

Uncharted Jungle

Requires 1x RoTV, 1x FotA, 1x TJ

Personal Backstory:

Coastal Cave

Requires 1x RoTV, 1x BftU, 1x TJ

Personal Backstory:

@BiggaBullfrog , @Nomad , @Robber , @Sir Heroscape - I have posted the two maps I am planning to submit for the ARV map contest. I have done several playtests on each map and feel like they are well balanced and fun. I would love to receive some feedback on them. Thanks guys!

A note regarding the Brandar glyph on Uncharted Jungle in the middle. I plan for this to be a random treasure glyph.

Last edited by antmarchingroves; July 28th, 2018 at 09:43 PM.
Old July 27th, 2018, 03:27 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow. I really like both maps. I want to set up Uncharted Jungle and give it a whirl, but I will wait to see if it makes the top 10. I was a little skeptical regarding Coastal Cave at first, but the more I envisioned playing on it, the more I could see intriguing battles unfolding. This may not matter, but what do you think about replacing the two single-hex sand tiles on the water side with two jungle pieces? This would provide a little more coverage from range . . . well done Antmarch.
Old July 28th, 2018, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Wow. I really like both maps. I want to set up Uncharted Jungle and give it a whirl, but I will wait to see if it makes the top 10. I was a little skeptical regarding Coastal Cave at first, but the more I envisioned playing on it, the more I could see intriguing battles unfolding. This may not matter, but what do you think about replacing the two single-hex sand tiles on the water side with two jungle pieces? This would provide a little more coverage from range . . . well done Antmarch.
Thanks @Nomad ! I don't think that's a bad idea to add in the two extra jungle bushes in place of the single hex sand tiles on the water-side of the map. I'll wait to make any other changes until I receive feedback from the other judges. Thanks again for taking a look at my maps.
Old July 30th, 2018, 01:09 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I'm really liking where these are headed. No concerns at this point. It is odd in Coastal that 2 of the bushes aren't being used though. You might add them to the center tree area? If you add them in place of the water near the 7-hex that could be problematic as that would be an easy spot to camp with jungle cover.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 30th, 2018, 09:47 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

At first glance, those are both really cool maps. I don't know the criteria for the contest, but I'll definitely have to look at the entries. Would love to build either of these next chance I get.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios