Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 13th, 2018, 01:44 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Maps -- new map 12/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
It is pretty, and simple. It looks friendly to pods and has a lot of chokepoints, though. I wonder if you could use the trees to block up sight lines in the middle some more?
I don't think I entirely agree about the pod-friendliness. The level 4 spaces are decently close to the SZ, sure, but they're 7+ spaces away, which means it will take most figures two turns to reach. Trying to set that up with multiple army cards would be a challenge in most armies. It's also very accessible from the road, especially if the opponent goes to their right.

As far as LoS and chokepoints, I think I can move some things around to throw some trees in the middle and remove the walls. That should help on both accounts.
Old December 13th, 2018, 03:44 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Maps -- October revised 12/13

October revised build instructions. EDIT: This has been further revised by moving the central trees one space backwards towards the ruins. The image above is correct except for this change.

I went in to make a few changes, and ended up making more than I anticipated, but I think the map is much stronger for it.

First, I removed the walls and the surrounding low ground/t-glyph/water area. The road 5-hex got bumped up to level 3. I pushed both of the level 4 rock 3-hexes forward, to make them more central (they're now 9/10 spaces away from each SZ instead of 7/13), and to make all three of the spaces attackable by melee from the road. The middle now has a much better flow for units trying to cross the road and attack the perches. I switched the orientation of the ruins and moved the trees to help block LoS from the perches. The footprint, road shape, and glyph locations remain unchanged.

Last edited by superfrog; December 13th, 2018 at 04:18 PM.
Old December 13th, 2018, 03:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

What do you think about bumping the two trees in the middle back one space towards the ruins, and bumping the two trees by the glyphs up on to the nearest space of the 3-hex heights?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 13th, 2018, 04:09 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
What do you think about bumping the two trees in the middle back one space towards the ruins, and bumping the two trees by the glyphs up on to the nearest space of the 3-hex heights?
I might will make the first change, as it helps block LoS for figures coming around the ruins a smidge more, but I think I'll skip the second (which I did consider while rebuilding). Moving the tree up onto the height restricts LoS nicely (which is why I considered it), but it also makes the height farther from the far player and dragon-perchable. I don't usually like 2-hexes being the highest point.
Old February 4th, 2019, 03:05 PM
This is merely a joke.

Calida build instructions. It uses 1 RotV, 1 RttFF, and 1 VW, with 2 random glyphs.

This map went through WoS a few times and received some workshopping here in my thread as well.

I settled on a version that I liked, and that version was played on in Online Season 18. I built it and was playing a few test games the other day, and I decided to lower the whole middle section by one level. Having it all up so high was really inhibiting its use and clogging things up. So I've made that change (which @awesomeunleashed suggested just about exactly 4 years ago).
Old February 4th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Maps -- Calida revised 4 years later

I’ve always liked this map

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 5th, 2019, 04:01 PM
This is merely a joke.

Re: Superfrog's Maps -- Calida revised 4 years later

By Babylon's Rivers build instructions. It uses 1 SotM and 1 FotA, with 2 random glyphs.

This is the third installment in my 1MS+1exp series, after October and [redacted]. I was looking to build something different with SotM, since I often see a similar blueprint (using lots of level 0 swamp water). I think it turned out pretty nicely, and my games on it have gone quite well.

I was saving this for the next ARV contest, but I don't think it will work very well for 3 players
Old February 5th, 2019, 06:51 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Maps -- By Babylon's Rivers

At first glance I really like it! Sorry it didn’t get to shine in the contest...very fun design.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 5th, 2019, 10:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
At first glance I really like it! Sorry it didn’t get to shine in the contest...very fun design.
I'm excited for a shot at 3-player maps too!
Old March 21st, 2019, 04:04 PM
This is merely a joke.

By Babylon's Rivers build instructions. It uses 1 SotM and 1 FotA, with 2 random glyphs.

Made a little change to this one. Moved a few things around to change the level 0 swamp water spaces to level 1 swamp spaces. Also added another ladder in that area.

I've been enjoying this map quite a bit, and this change helps speed things up going across the map towards the side hills.
Old March 21st, 2019, 07:49 PM

Re: Superfrog's Maps -- By Babylon's Rivers updated 3/21

Looks good to me

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 19th, 2020, 06:18 PM
This is merely a joke.

Re: Superfrog's Maps -- By Babylon's Rivers updated 3/21

Trashin' the Camp build instructions. It uses 1 RotV and 1 TJ.

This is the first time in a while that I've built a physical map and then translated to VS afterwards, definitely a more fun way to do things. Looking for some feedback from ARV judges ( @Sir Heroscape @Flash_19 @Nomad @BiggaBullfrog )

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios