Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 28th, 2015, 02:10 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Marro Gnids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Imagine if VC were to design a character that can transform (a pretty iconic trope), where you would draft two army cards and swap between the two figures. Saying that such a power is a movement blocked by cyberclaw or any similar ability is obviously absurd.
No, it's not obviously absurd. I understand that you think it's absurd, and I wouldn't at all be surprised if some other folks agreed with you. But I don't think it's absurd, and I would be surprised if there weren't some other folks who agreed with me. So I wouldn't call it obvious.

If such a power came to Editing, I'm sure the interaction with Cyberclaw would come up, and I imagine that we'd try to come up with some way to keep Cyberclaw from stopping the power, on thematic grounds. But, if we couldn't, it would hardly be the first time that we--or the ODs, FTM--sacrificed a bit of theme on the altar of simplicity. And I can see an argument for Cyberclaw stopping a transformation. I wouldn't like it much, but I could see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old December 5th, 2017, 01:56 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Just as a heads up for anyone else who couldn't find any of the original Phemera Omega sculpts for the Marro Gnids online, this listing on eBay still has five of them left for around $15 plus shipping each. Each pack includes two squads of them.
Old February 19th, 2018, 01:05 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

You know im thinking theyre a little cheap for their op ability. But is it possible to get them off. Cause if you cant then just pick 2 squads at 100 points and make figures that cost 150+ absolutley trash. So can you like burn them off or something

Edit: also how the heck does something that big go unnoticed on medium heroes.... sir dendrik " hey whats this huge parasite doing on my arm. Whatever its probably not hurting me or anything...."
Old February 19th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

No, you can't get them off. Have you played them yet? I think you might be overestimating how easy it is to get them onto your hero of choice.
Old February 19th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I can attest to the difficulty of actually landing wounds against higher defense heros, which is where this really matters. 2 attack is not a lot. It's kind of like saying that Wyverns, or the Retchets of Bogdan are OP, because they have Venomous Sting, and when you roll all skulls the figure can't defend. You will have lucky endings, or beginnings to a game, where it might seem really good, but then your luck runs out and you remember that it's not as good as it sounds. And remember that it doesn't drain attack dice, or have any effect on special attacks, so if they are a heavy hitter, they will still rip through your Gnids, with or without clings.
Old February 19th, 2018, 06:12 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

I guess that helps balance them. But i would spend those 50 points just to get one on a high life low defense figure. And sense there are 4 of them it wil take heroes a long time to kill all of them. most heroes it would take 4 turns. Also if you are playing somone with a "shield that you can remove like the mezzodemons, can you place a gnid. And how would it work when one attacked a elemental like the greater ice elemental or iron golem. They are non-living organisms. Is there a special home rule or official rule.
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:12 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekthefreak View Post
I guess that helps balance them. But i would spend those 50 points just to get one on a high life low defense figure. And sense there are 4 of them it wil take heroes a long time to kill all of them. most heroes it would take 4 turns. Also if you are playing somone with a "shield that you can remove like the mezzodemons, can you place a gnid. And how would it work when one attacked a elemental like the greater ice elemental or iron golem. They are non-living organisms. Is there a special home rule or official rule.
They are absolutely a good draft against figures with high life and low defense. And the power works just the same against Soulborgs and Constructs and all that, unless you decide to make a personal house rule against that.
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I can attest to the difficulty of actually landing wounds against higher defense heros, which is where this really matters. 2 attack is not a lot. It's kind of like saying that Wyverns, or the Retchets of Bogdan are OP, because they have Venomous Sting, and when you roll all skulls the figure can't defend. You will have lucky endings, or beginnings to a game, where it might seem really good, but then your luck runs out and you remember that it's not as good as it sounds. And remember that it doesn't drain attack dice, or have any effect on special attacks, so if they are a heavy hitter, they will still rip through your Gnids, with or without clings.
During playtesting I tried them with 3 attack but they seemed too powerful, like you didn't need the cling power for them to be effective. Part of the reason is that move 7 lets them get high ground very easily.

Old February 19th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
While the glossary definition does not, the (BftU) rulebook explanation of "Leaving an engagement" does define "moves away" as moving "onto a space that's not adjacent." I'd say that's good enough to cover something that, frankly, I've never heard anyone else even think of.
I don't buy it. The rulebook says "but as soon as your figure moves away (onto a space that's not adjacent)." Fanscape created a new version of movement that did not exist at the time the rulebook was created, one from a space to somewhere off the board. It is defined as a movement power by the Cyberclaw ruling. I do not like the idea that this particular movement is defined by different rules than all other forms of movement.
Did this ever get ruled on? I agree that Cling should trigger LEAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 19th, 2018, 08:59 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
While the glossary definition does not, the (BftU) rulebook explanation of "Leaving an engagement" does define "moves away" as moving "onto a space that's not adjacent." I'd say that's good enough to cover something that, frankly, I've never heard anyone else even think of.
I don't buy it. The rulebook says "but as soon as your figure moves away (onto a space that's not adjacent)." Fanscape created a new version of movement that did not exist at the time the rulebook was created, one from a space to somewhere off the board. It is defined as a movement power by the Cyberclaw ruling. I do not like the idea that this particular movement is defined by different rules than all other forms of movement.
Did this ever get ruled on? I agree that Cling should trigger LEAs.
It should, according to the rules, I think, especially since it was ruled that Cyberclawed Gnids cannot Cling. However, in this case it severely weakens the power, since it will always be a disengage to use it.
Old February 19th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Then this should be added to Cling:

Quote:
Marro Gnids do not take leaving engagement attacks when using Cling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 20th, 2018, 04:51 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Then this should be added to Cling:

Quote:
Marro Gnids do not take leaving engagement attacks when using Cling.
For whatever my opinion is worth, I agree.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs