Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old August 15th, 2016, 12:42 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Online HS How-to-play and Question Dump

Does anyone have any suggestions/tips and tricks for taking good photographs to add custom figures to HS online?

I'm really itching to get Arena of the Planeswalkers added, and my lack of photoshop knowledge has been holding me back from getting images taken
Old August 15th, 2016, 12:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

White background, lighting all around, a good camera.

As for photoshop, I wouldn't worry about it. Heck, if you take the pictures I can clean them and get them ready for online play.
Old August 15th, 2016, 02:46 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
White background, lighting all around, a good camera.

As for photoshop, I wouldn't worry about it. Heck, if you take the pictures I can clean them and get them ready for online play.
Awesome! Will do.

Do you suggest 1 fig per image or 1 squad per image (well spaced)
Old August 15th, 2016, 04:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

1 figure so you can get a true top-down.
Old October 10th, 2016, 12:23 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelingScaper
Its been awhile since I've played online and this may sound really weird because usually the map creators for online scape don't usually play on official maps (because there are very few made ) but do you plan on creating some of the official maps and scenarios from the various rulebooks and website other than the dnd ones. I'm pretty sure they cant do overhangs but mostly I would look forward to playing on Table of the Giants, Blood Red River , Road to the Forgotten forest to name a few. If I am speaking to the wrong person about this then I am sorry to bother you.
Hey @TheTravelingScaper . Thanks for the question, and I put your PM in here so I hope that's ok.

The only two people I for sure know that can make online maps are @awesomeunleashed and @superfrog . I think that @Dysole , @Typhon2222 and @dok can make them as well.

I don't know how time intensive and/or what software you need to do it yourself. I looked, but couldn't find a tutorial anywhere. Maybe someone who is monitoring this thread can help if there is a how to tutorial for making online maps somewhere.

I have, in the past, made my own online maps by having the mapmaker send me a top down screenshot and then editing level numbers via powerpoint or paint. That is a little clunky and the map quality isn't as nice, but it can work.

Today though, there are a good quantity of maps available (around 70 maybe?), but if you want a new one we'll have to wait what others have to say about getting that accomplished.

And since I'm in here, I'll go ahead and tag the people who I gave the impromptu online scape 'how-to-play' tutorial at NHSD Saturday in case they want to try it out. The best way to start is to put up a post in Online Match Request Thread. Someone there should be able to set everything up for you the first time.

@vminer
@Evar-Scarcarver
@briaka
@JMAN2222

Last edited by kevindola; October 10th, 2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old October 10th, 2016, 01:16 PM
This is merely a joke.

Yeah, online map creation is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. White Knight has a thread (http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=48612) with his method somewhere, which is the standard for how it's done. It requires a good bit of setup the first time (downloading personal tiles and setting those up), but he walks you through all that in the thread. Then you just take a top down screenshot. If you're interested, I have individual images of ruins, trees, and bushes so that those don't get skewed by perspective.

(Phone posting, or I'd put in links).

Last edited by superfrog; October 10th, 2016 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Link in
Old October 10th, 2016, 02:13 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Easy Bits

I can build a map in virtualscape no problem. Making it pretty like all the rest of the map templates is something I have trouble with (and according to dok my computer graphics don't look like they support it) so I usually just email it to awesomeunleashed. Like superfrog I have top downs of ruins and trees and stuff that aren't skewed by perspective (pretty much AU made them and then gave them to me).

~Dysole, who doesn't know how quickly she'd be able to get to any of that
Old January 30th, 2017, 01:30 PM

totax Woo who?

Hi all I've got a question and i've not found looking in the forum

How can i manage to clear the chat, sometimes it gets too long and i would like to rest it, and even the stats ...

If it's not possible what i understand is that the only way to do that it is to create a new game link that will start with a clear chat and stat history.

Am i correct ?

Tks
Old January 30th, 2017, 02:43 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

I think the only was is indeed to start a new game instead of just changing the map on our game, totax.
Old January 31st, 2017, 08:30 AM

totax Woo who?

OK so we will change the game ... but after a while
Old January 31st, 2017, 05:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the discussion board, totax! I'm glad you found a way to play in Italy.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 31st, 2017, 07:19 PM
This is merely a joke.

@Dad_Scaper you ought to break down and play one of these days.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events