Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old May 20th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Dwindle, i.e. what I've been so busy working on

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
One of the things I like about C++ is that, given the right 3rd-party library (and there are quite a few decent open source ones) you can write the same code once for every platform. You would still need to write your own code for any lower-level platform-specific functionality not provided by the library you're using, but if the library provides everything you need it's pretty simple. I wrote a Dominion deck shuffler with JUCE that I can run on my Windows 10 PC or my Android phone (I could probably run it on OS X, iOS, Linux, and Windows phones as well without any changes, but I don't have any of those platforms available to compile right now).
For sure, although a major advantage of Unity as a game engine is the ability to export native builds for almost any platform with (for most things) no extra work; I put most everything I build for myself on both my PC and my Android tablet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
This game looks really cool--way, way cooler than anything I worked on in College.
Thanks! It's definitely a lot cooler than anything else I've done so far. 24 people can get a lot done as a class over a semester.

Old May 20th, 2016, 01:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Dwindle, i.e. what I've been so busy working on

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
For sure, although a major advantage of Unity as a game engine is the ability to export native builds for almost any platform with (for most things) no extra work; I put most everything I build for myself on both my PC and my Android tablet.
That's pretty cool! I didn't know that about Unity.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 10th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Dwindle, now on Kickstarter & Greenlight!!

Dwindle is now live on Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight!! Any support in either place is hugely appreciated!

Old June 12th, 2016, 11:09 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Dwindle, on Kickstarter & Greenlight!!

Great job @awesomeunleashed .

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games