Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old March 21st, 2016, 11:13 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Unit Battle Royale 2016

UNIT BATTLE ROYALE 2016

It's back. You enjoyed it last year and now it's returned and I will be running the whole shebang this year.

Look below for further information:

Last edited by Dysole; April 3rd, 2016 at 02:06 AM.
Old March 21st, 2016, 11:18 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Rules

Contest Rules and Regulations

To celebrate the 10th birthday of HeroScapers.com (May 3rd), the Battle Royale is back! Once again, this brute-force popularity contest will feature a new public poll each day for 32 days to decide which units will advance through the tournament.

For the first round of battle (16 polls), four units will go head-to-head each day, with only the two most popular units advancing to the next round. The remaining 14 battles will have only four units competing each day and will advance the top two. Everyday there will be a poll for Classic and VC.

The Finals for both the Classic and VC bracket will only consist of two units which will be the winners of both semifinals. The Final Finals to crown the Grand Ultimate Champion will consist of the winners of both finals.

(If you want to see how the Battle Royale played out in 2009, click here.)
(If you want to see how the Battle Royale played out in 2010, click here.)
(If you want to see how the Battle Royale played out in 2011, click here.)
(If you want to see how the Battle Royale played out in 2014, click here)
(If you want to see how the Battle Royale played out in 2015, click here)

ENTERING THE CONTEST:
There will be no prizes for the Battle Royale this year, but registered members of HeroScapers.com can compete for prestige and glory by predicting which units will triumph in each daily poll. Members must submit their guesses on what ALL the polling results will be BEFORE the polling begins. Entries will be scored on their accuracy, and the highest scorers will earn the well-deserved respect of their fellow HSers (or custom forum titles, if they'd like--(I assume that LR will once again offer this...but I obviously can't! Don't hold me to it ))

Note that these polls aren't based on which units are the strongest, or the best sculpts, or the most cost-efficient; it's a popularity contest. Game potential will undoubtedly come into play, but people will also vote for units because they look neat, or have cool abilities, or just have a special place in their hearts for no predictable reason. The contest isn't about finding the 'best' units, but rather guessing which units will get the most votes.

To enter the contest, follow these steps.

1. Examine the tournament bracket in the first post and pick the units each round that you think will get the most votes. (1st and 2nd place for each round). A completed entry will consist of 119 numbered unit picks total. You may not select the same unit more than once per round.

2. Go here

3. Go to file and make a copy. Fill out the bracket in your copy.

4. Share it. Picture below for example.

5. Send the link to me via PM.

Entries must be received on or before April 1st, 2016, to be eligible for scoring.

ENTRY SCORING:
In the first round (first 16 polls), entries will score ONE point for each contestant they picked that does actually advance, or TWO points if they predicted the proper standing that day as well. For example, let's say that the "DAY 1" poll ends with "Unit A" in 1st place and "Unit B" in 2nd. An entry that predicted "A" as 1st and "B" as 2nd (right units, in order) would earn 4 points. An entry listing "B" for 1st and "A" for 2nd (right units, wrong order) would only score 2 points. An entry picking "A" as 1st and "D" as 2nd (one unit, proper standing) would also get 2 points. An entry guessing "B" as 1st and "D" as 2nd (one unit, wrong place) would be worth only 1 point.

Each round after the first will score double the points from the previous round. The second round (8 polls) would therefore score 2 points for each correct choice, or 4 each with the proper placing. The third round (4 polls) will likewise score 4 (or 8) points, the fourth round meriting 8 (or 16) points, the fifth round meriting 16 (or 32) points, selection of the grand champion worth 32 points per accurate pick and 64 points for selecting the Ultimate Champion. After all polls have been completed, the grand total of all the points earned by an entry will be that entry's Final Score, that being anywhere between 0 points minimum and 256 points maximum for the Classic and VC brackets.

UNIT SELECTION:

Not all units are present this year. For size purposes because of how ginormous everything can get, I've pared down the selection and put things into two brackets. This was also done to give new units a chance and also cut out some units that were unlikely to go anywhere. Gone are the top 8 units from Classic and VC units from last year, and the bottom numbers that gave me a round number and anything that was removed from 2014.

TECHNICAL NOTES:
Any ties, during daily polls or final scoring, will be broken by d20 roll. Participants must have a valid HSers.com member account to enter, and Administrators and Moderators of HeroScapers.com may enter this contest (with the exception of the contest facilitator, Dysole). Only the first entry per member account will be accepted - no changes or alterations to an entry will be allowed once it is submitted.
Old March 21st, 2016, 11:19 PM

Submissions

ENTRY SUBMISSIONS:

Accepting entries until 4/1/2016. I will try to check entries for 'correctness' but can not guarantee, so double-check it yourself twice before you click 'submit'. If an entry has fewer or more than 119 numbered unit picks, it will be rejected, and you will be notified of this by PM. If you choose not to fill out the VC portion please inform me of this when you submit. Additionally keep a copy of your bracket, and then you can check that your score is correct!

Current Entrants:
  • mtl1998
  • marrowick
  • kevindola
  • BiggaBullfrog
  • Ranior
  • lefton4ya
  • Kinseth
  • yamissflash
  • superfrog
  • Vermilyion
  • William099

That's all the small-talk I can come up with for now. Please feel free to discuss the UBR here in this thread if you'd like. Remember that entries must be received by me on or before April 1st, 2016. If you have any questions or notice any errors let me know and I will do my best to answer/correct them.

Good Luck, and Have Fun!

Last edited by Dysole; April 3rd, 2016 at 02:03 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 06:10 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Unit Battle Royale 2016

Thanks for doing this Dysole! Seems like a lot of work and I appreciate the time for me to participate.

Now to get to business. Door and I lost our 2014 picks title, but we've been scheming away, oiling our hinges, and strengthening our oak in an effort to get the pick title back this year!
Old March 26th, 2016, 11:51 PM

Recruitment

All of you have entered previously. I'm just letting you know it's up and running again.

~Dysole, waiting
Old March 29th, 2016, 01:36 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Elven ancestry in the finals two years in a row!
Old March 30th, 2016, 10:25 PM

One More Time

All entrants of 2014 & 2015 UBRs who have not yet participated. I close signups in two days. Hope to see several of you.

~Dysole, so happy for the mention button
Old March 30th, 2016, 10:30 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I'm here, just passive this time 'round. I'll probably vote on figures, but just not in the mood to submit a bracket. I can vote, right?
Old March 30th, 2016, 11:19 PM

:up:

Yep. Thanks for letting me know.

~Dysole, appreciatively
Old April 1st, 2016, 10:29 AM

Closing Time, One Last Call

We close up shop today. If you still want to participate, send me something.

~Dysole, informationally
Old April 1st, 2016, 10:29 AM

Closing Time, One Last Call

Ignore. Stupid double post.

~Dysole, in a rush
Old April 1st, 2016, 10:47 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

How many people are in so far?

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games