Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 28th, 2015, 02:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Colorado Events: Past Present and Future

Before I call Enchanted Grounds in Littleton to reserve a spot, how do people feel about Sunday the 8th instead of Saturday the 7th? Is that worse/better/same?

I ask because there's an Ashes tournament starting at 4 PM that day at Enchanted Grounds, and it could be fun to dabble in that as well. Ashes is a fun game, people.
@n00b @GeneralRolando @chief @Rosencrantz @Tyesheron @kpucblek @GGGames @awesomeunleashed

oh, and @capsocrates too

Last edited by dok; October 29th, 2015 at 12:46 AM.
Old October 28th, 2015, 02:52 PM

Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker

I could do Sunday better than Saturday. Saturday I would have to wrap up by 3 - 3:30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Before I call Enchanted Grounds in Littleton to reserve a spot, how do people feel about Sunday the 8th instead of Saturday the 7th? Is that worse/better/same?

I ask because there's an Ashes tournament starting at 4 PM that day at Enchanted Grounds, and it could be fun to dabble in that as well. Ashes is a fun game, people.
@n00b @GeneralRolando @chief @Rosencrantz @Tyesheron @kpucblek @GGGames @awesomeunleashed
Old October 28th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

Saturday would work better for me, though I could probably make Sunday work as well. I'm flexible
Old October 28th, 2015, 03:20 PM
ugly filtering American newcomer

Tyesheron knows what's in an order marker Tyesheron knows what's in an order marker Tyesheron knows what's in an order marker

I like that Sunday

Tyesheron is playing Moriko...
Spoiler Alert!
In the BLUE CAVE
Old October 29th, 2015, 01:05 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I vote Sunday. I won't be able to make it down until 1-ish but I would like to play ashes.
Old October 30th, 2015, 12:42 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Ha ha. I prefer Saturday. I can probably swing Sunday if it's after lunch time.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 30th, 2015, 08:20 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

We can't make either day. Daniel has state soccer playoffs on Saturday and I work on Sunday. argh!

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 08:49 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Ah, too bad Chris.

It looks like we have slightly better numbers for Sunday, so I put us down for Sunday at the Littleton Enchanted Grounds.

so far here's who we have:
  1. awesomeunleashed (slightly below 100%)
  2. capsocrates (after noon)
  3. caps's dad (after noon)
  4. dok
  5. Generalrolando
  6. n00b
  7. Rosencrantz
  8. Tyesheron

Anyone else?

Anyone have a format suggestion? I'll post something soon if nobody is feeling inspired.

Last edited by dok; November 3rd, 2015 at 01:07 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 10:21 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I think I'm bringing my dad. Not sure if I'll have anyone else with me. I do not have my Heroscape with me at present. dok, do you mind if I borrow some of your figures to make my army?

Similarly, would someone be willing to put something together for my dad? In the past he has liked playing with Elves.

--

My thoughts on format:

600 points, 20 figures, Cut the Cake. But I don't care too much. It will just be good to play again.

--
--
--

--
Old November 3rd, 2015, 11:53 AM

Oh yeah, and what time on Sunday? After lunch, right?

--
--
--

--
Old November 3rd, 2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I think I'm bringing my dad. Not sure if I'll have anyone else with me. I do not have my Heroscape with me at present. dok, do you mind if I borrow some of your figures to make my army?

Similarly, would someone be willing to put something together for my dad? In the past he has liked playing with Elves.
Yeah, just PM me what you want and I'll bring it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates
Oh yeah, and what time on Sunday? After lunch, right?
Some of us will be there at 10 but if you can't get there until after noon, then that's fine. We'll be playing rolling rumble and there's probably no prizes so it's not super-formal. Just getting down and playing. People will start filtering out at 4 or so, but there's an Ashes tournament starting then if you want to keep gaming into the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates
My thoughts on format:

600 points, 20 figures, Cut the Cake. But I don't care too much. It will just be good to play again.
I was thinking maybe reverse draft, just because we've done a lot of bring 2 over the years and a change-up would be fun.

Reverse draft rules:
  • There's a dice-off. Winner of the dice-off offers to play one of the two armies (their army or their opponent's army).
  • The player who did not make the last offer has two choices:
    • Let your opponent play the army they offered to play, and play the other army (at full strength).
    • Make a counter-offer for the army your opponent wanted to play, but sit some figures from that army. The counter-offer must sit enough figures to make the partial card point total lower than the offer that came before.
  • Continue the counter-offer process until one player decides to take the other army (with all figures available) instead of making a counter-offer on the bidded army.

Cut The Cake works for me too if people don't like that, though.

Last edited by dok; November 3rd, 2015 at 06:43 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2015, 12:08 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm fine with Reverse Draft; I missed playing on online and think it's a cool format.

I'm not 100% but it's fairly likely I'll be there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events