Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 15th, 2012, 04:22 PM

6FlagsManiac is surprisingly tart
6FlagsManiac's Custom's

Welcome to my Thread!

Currently not working on any comic figures, but you can check out the 2 i have finished below!

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by 6FlagsManiac; February 7th, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: 6FlagsManiac's Custom's - Carnage

Interesting! I like his stat lines, and his left box for the most part, but I'm not sure if "Vigilante" fits him that well. Does Carnage really fight crime? He's mostly just a killer and a maniac, right?

I'm not sure what the theme is on "feel the beast". The title makes it seem like it's going to be a powerful, positive thing, but then it turns out to be a subtraction from his attack over range. Maybe something like "SYMBIOTE TENDRILS" to better describe what's going on?

In the text of that power, you reference "units." A better word choice might be "figures." You also want to specify that you're subtracting 2 "dice."

For the Consume Special Attack, it's not a special attack, because special attacks have range and attack values and you roll attack dice for them. It's a special power. You could just call it "Consume" and be in good shape. Instead of "takes 2 wounds" you want "receives 2 wounds" to sound more like the official game.

For Savage, why cap the number of turns at 2? I think you could just use the official power text for Frenzy and that name here as well, and it'd fit just fine.

250 is probably a tad low on the cost, but you never know until you test the guy!

Not bad for a first custom.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 15th, 2012, 05:24 PM

Wow! On of the big names on Heroscapers likes my first custom!
On what you said, thank you for the clarifications, and for the "Feel the Beast" ability i personally hated the name, but i think your name idea is a good one, i will edit the card now then post it, any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool. Keep up the good work - and remember the most important part is having fun!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 16th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the PM and invite to give you some feedback. It is nice to see a new face on the boards. OK, so there are some things here that I like, and some things that I don't. Let's make a positive sandwich.
  • I really like seeing the use of secret identities. I don't care where the concept first came from, I feel that it is a great little thing that represents the creative force of our great Marvel community on Heroscapers.
  • I like him as a Criminal, and though it wasn't my first choice, it is cool to remember that Cleatus is a part of this character as well.
  • Symbiotic Projectiles is a great power. Very thematic for the character.
  • The Title, Name, and Class are all lower cased. That bugs me.
  • Consume makes no sense to me. I have never seen Carnage eat a person and get stronger for it.
  • I can't believe there is no swing line or something like it. Carnage is certainly more mobile than just running around.
  • Attack of 7 feel a bit high in my opinion. He isn't as strong as Thanos, and yet, here he is even stronger. That is odd.
  • I love the range of 3. That makes perfect sense for him.
  • Defense of 5 seems perfect as well, because this guy is stout and tricky, but isn't exactly "defensive minded". So without a spidey sense power, Defense of 5 looks good to me.
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Thanks for the PM and invite to give you some feedback. It is nice to see a new face on the boards. OK, so there are some things here that I like, and some things that I don't. Let's make a positive sandwich.
  • I really like seeing the use of secret identities. I don't care where the concept first came from, I feel that it is a great little thing that represents the creative force of our great Marvel community on Heroscapers.
  • I like him as a Criminal, and though it wasn't my first choice, it is cool to remember that Cleatus is a part of this character as well.
  • Consume makes no sense to me. I have never seen Carnage eat a person and get stronger for it.
  • I can't believe there is no swing line or something like it. Carnage is certainly more mobile than just running around.
  • Attack of 7 feel a bit high in my opinion. He isn't as strong as Thanos, and yet, here he is even stronger. That is odd.
  • Defense of 5 seems perfect as well, because this guy is stout and tricky, but isn't exactly "defensive minded". So without a spidey sense power, Defense of 5 looks good to me.
Thanks for the input I appreciate your thoughts, and i will expand on them.

On the Consume matter, i used that because i know Carnage has great healing abilities and i wanted to make it sort of unique to him and how the symbiote works, how it latches to people and takes over them, but i can see where your coming from, and maybe i can think of a different power name or Title, if you had any suggestions that would be great, i just preferred to stray away from the whole take off a wound marker after taking a turn with him deal, seemed to generic.

I thought of swing line, but Carnage never seems to use it in the comics or show. He can however create wings using the symbiote, perhaps i give him flying and lower his move to 6? What do you think about that?

For the Strength, let's face it, the official Thanos missed the mark, his attack should have been like 8, and i chose 7 because of the arsenal of weapons carnage has at his disposal, he can mold hard weapons to his body using the Symbiote, and he is very strong. Venom's attack is 6 as well as Thanos, so you can tell thats a bit querky. Also, Carnage is supposed to be stronger than Venom and Spider-man combined so i gave him a 7, maybe we could think of something that counter-balances such a high attack?

Thanks for you input, i'm not discarding what you said, i will take your criticism into much thought and change the card up a bit in a bit. Please respond back with responses to everything i have stated above. Thanks

Last edited by 6FlagsManiac; May 16th, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:51 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6FlagsManiac View Post
Quote:

On the Consume matter, i used that because i know Carnage has great healing abilities and i wanted to make it sort of unique to him and how the symbiote works, how it latches to people and takes over them, but i can see where your coming from, and maybe i can think of a different power name or Title, if you had any suggestions that would be great, i just preferred to stray away from the whole take off a wound marker after taking a turn with him deal, seemed to generic.

I thought of swing line, but Carnage never seems to use it in the comics or show. He can however create wings using the symbiote, perhaps i give him flying and lower his move to 6? What do you think about that?

For the Strength, let's face it, the official Thanos missed the mark, his attack should have been like 8, and i chose 7 because of the arsenal of weapons carnage has at his disposal, he can mold hard weapons to his body using the Symbiote, and he very strong. Venom's attack is 6 as well as Thanos, so you can tell thats a bit querky. Also, Carnage is supposed to be stronger than Venom and Spider-man combined so i gave him a 7, maybe we could think of something that counter-balances such a high attack?

Thanks for you input, i'm not discarding what you said, i will take your criticism into much thought and change the card up a bit in a bit. Please respond back with responses to everything i have stated above. Thanks
  1. I think generic Healing is nice sometimes though. But if you really want to be unique about it, I understand, just not at the expense of the theme. A new title would be good I guess.
  2. I pretty much just read Carnage during the 90s and he swung around all the time just like Venom and Spidey. I would have to roll my eyes at a custom where Carnage had flying. I have never seen him do that before, and even if he did it in the comics, I'd put that book down immediately and walk away.
  3. Even though I agree with you about Thanos should be more powerful, I still would never agree with carnage being an attack of 7. Plus, be wary of detriment powers. They are great at times, but if they are dependent on the stats to help them make sense, then you can have a real broken or thematically wonky situation if/when Carnage becomes negated.
Good luck, and I hope you get some more positive feedback.
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6FlagsManiac View Post
Quote:

For the Strength, let's face it, the official Thanos missed the mark, his attack should have been like 8, and i chose 7 because of the arsenal of weapons carnage has at his disposal, he can mold hard weapons to his body using the Symbiote, and he very strong. Venom's attack is 6 as well as Thanos, so you can tell thats a bit querky. Also, Carnage is supposed to be stronger than Venom and Spider-man combined so i gave him a 7, maybe we could think of something that counter-balances such a high attack?

1. I think generic Healing is nice sometimes though. But if you really want to be unique about it, I understand, just not at the expense of the theme. A new title would be good I guess.
  2. I pretty much just read Carnage during the 90s and he swung around all the time just like Venom and Spidey. I would have to roll my eyes at a custom where Carnage had flying. I have never seen him do that before, and even if he did it in the comics, I'd put that book down immediately and walk away.
  3. Even though I agree with you about Thanos should be more powerful, I still would never agree with carnage being an attack of 7. Plus, be wary of detriment powers. They are great at times, but if they are dependent on the stats to help them make sense, then you can have a real broken or thematically wonky situation if/when Carnage becomes negated.
Good luck, and I hope you get some more positive feedback.
You convinced me with that one, i will add a swing line 4 to his abilites. I will also go on the hunt of a new name or new way for the "Consume" ability to work. His Attack will be lowered to 6, and i will change "Symbiotic Projectiles" so that it only takes away 1 die, so as not to leave the player with only 2 dice to roll at a range of 3. Thank you greatly

EDIT: Okay i did all that and Removed Frenzy because there just wasn't enough space for that and Swing Line, i also changed the name of consume to make it seem like the Symbiote is using an adjacent figure to speed up regeneration process of Carnage. I do however miss Frenzy Do you think i could just add Frenzy to the bottom w/o the description, i'm sure most people could figure it out?

EDIT: Found space to put Frenzy back in

Last edited by 6FlagsManiac; May 16th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:07 PM

The Symbiote Host power is so long, that it is really hurting you on space. Also, with the power level of Symbiote Host being so high, I think it is a no brainer to use that power pretty much all the time. I think it is the power that is weighing this card down in power hunger, text, room, etc. If you cut it altogether, I am sure you would have a much better card on your hands. Four powers is a bit much, and as a custom designer like you, I very rarely create designs with so much text and powers, because seasoned players see it as unrestrained and very "rookie" (which does happen to the best of us when we really love a character or idea).
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
The Symbiote Host power is so long, that it is really hurting you on space. Also, with the power level of Symbiote Host being so high, I think it is a no brainer to use that power pretty much all the time. I think it is the power that is weighing this card down in power hunger, text, room, etc. If you cut it altogether, I am sure you would have a much better card on your hands. Four powers is a bit much, and as a custom designer like you, I very rarely create designs with so much text and powers, because seasoned players see it as unrestrained and very "rookie" (which does happen to the best of us when we really love a character or idea).
Yes, as much as i love the power idea i would have to agree, i'm going to change it to a simple "take a wound marker off" power. Or would even that be too much? Thanks

EDIT - On second thought, i really like the power, so i will just make it less powerful, if you roll 11 or higher, give the other unit one wound and take one wound off Carnage, instead of 2. That way we meet a comprimise, and in the end, i am after all a "Rookie"

Last edited by 6FlagsManiac; May 16th, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:49 PM

Too much.
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Too much.
I'm taking out Frenzy, to move it down to 3 powers, and it does not capture Carnage as much as the other 3 abilities i would like to keep, it is really unneeded, i hope your not frustrated with me at this point, i am kind of stuck on the Symbiotic Host ability. I thank you for your help, i feel you have given me many useful pointers for when i make my next card, good to get feedback from one of the big names on Heroscapers. I will playtest the card later and make a final decision on Symbiotic Host, have a Great day Griffon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations