Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old November 19th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Monsterpocalypse

Here's a new offering from Privateer Press, the folks behind Warmachine and Hordes, and is for all you CMG dudes who can't get enough from 'clickey and WotC games---Monsterpocalypse.

A prepainted minis game based on the Japanese big-monster vs. big-robot genre. Check out the PP website for more info here:

http://www.privateerpress.com/

Something I'll probably avoid, but any of you Godzilla lovers out there, check it out. Here's a proto to preview:

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old November 19th, 2007, 02:29 PM

DeadZa has disabled reputation
As a massive Gojira (yea I'm a dork) fan thank you for showing me this game.

Edit: Too bad it’s collectable though, but I’m betting most things will be unique so 1 copy isn’t terrible. I hope it can interact with Heroscape terrain!
Old November 19th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Thank you, very much, for tipping us off to this amazing looking game! I grew up watching the 50 cent Godzilla movies at our local theaters. Awesome!!!
Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:32 AM

saintBYgrace has disabled reputation
Monsterpocalypse (Heading to your way this fall)

If you do not already know Privateer Press is getting hitting the shelves this fall with their new miniature game called, "Monsterpocalypse". It is going to be a collectable miniature game based on the old HUGE rubber monster movies we watched as kids (come on, you know while they were cheese-O-ramma you still enjoyed a good rubber munster rumble.).

Here is a link to a site to keep you informed about the game and truth be told, I am getting more and more impressed with not only what I am reading but with the rubber munsters as well. That site is: www.monsterpocalypsegame.com

They are also putting out a comic book this July and if you get all three issues, you can mail in for an exclusive figure. With that you have been informed and should prepare yourself for some tongue lashing, building crashing,HUGE munster smashing of a good time come this fall.

God bless and keep faith;
-saint-

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in your ways and He will direct your paths."

Last edited by saintBYgrace; May 2nd, 2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: grammar
Old May 2nd, 2008, 10:57 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Monsterpocalypse (Heading to your way this fall)

Yep! I've been following this one very close and I'm looking forward to it. The sculpts and the paint jobs on the minis looks amazing as well as the set up. You can destroy certain buildings for power ups! Not to mention you can destroy said buildings by body slamming your opponent monster into them!

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old May 2nd, 2008, 11:28 AM

JediNate Woo who?

I am looking forward to this one as well. The idea of transferring the Kaiju genre into miniature format sounds incredibly appealing to me. Wait...it won't be out until this fall!?!?

Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!

Impatiently watching this. Praying for some preview stuff at GenCon. There is an issue 0 to the comic series that is being released at SDCC. I already have a guy going to look for that one for me.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:21 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker

This game is one of the reasons that I'm not keeping up with Eye of Judgment. Gotta save my money for lots of big monsters.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:52 PM

paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergeek View Post
This game is one of the reasons that I'm not keeping up with Eye of Judgment. Gotta save my money for lots of big monsters.
That and the fact that I'd need a PS3 is whats keeping me away from EoJ!

FYI they posted some new pics of the godzilla looking units...

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:35 PM

Ninthdoc,

Monsterpocalypse is indeed going to be at GenCon this year. As a matter of fact they are already selling tickets to play the game and if you play 5 games, you get an exclusive. The tickets are sold by the hour and one of the reasons I want to go to GenCon this year (but it looks like I am not going to attend.).

So anyone who is atteneding GenCon this year and want to see what Monsterpocalypse is about, you have your chance (and can pick up an exclusive as well.).

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in your ways and He will direct your paths."

Last edited by saintBYgrace; May 3rd, 2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintBYgrace View Post
Ninthdoc,

Monsterpoclypse is indeed going to be at GenCon this year. As a matter of fact they are already selling tickets to play the game and if you play 5 games, you get an exclusive. The tickets are sold by the hour and one of the reasons I want to go to GenCon this year (but it looks like I am not going to attend.).

So anyone who is atteneding GenCon this year and want to see what Monsterpoclypse is about, you have your chance (and can pick up an exclusive as well.).
You have to bring your own minis to play at GenCon... or buy a booster at their booth. Either way I'll be there. I'm wondering if they won't debut it at GenCon...

Old May 2nd, 2008, 10:54 PM

I was thinking the same thing as for "Mosterpocalypse" releasing at GenCon. As we know one has to bring ones own miniatures to play so they have to release this before GenCon or at GenCon (and Aug. is more fall then July.).

All I want to know is how the game plays and if it is fun. Now as far as the exclusive, if anyone gets a chance at an extra one, will you please pick me up one? I can trade for it (as I have alot of extra Heroscape) or I am for sure we can work something out.

God bless and keep faith;
-John-

Last edited by saintBYgrace; May 3rd, 2008 at 10:23 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures