Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 1st, 2018, 11:24 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Sub-Zero (Public Playtesting)

@Soundwarp SG-1

Would either:
-bump to 5 attack
or
-change Slide bonus from 1 blank = skull to 1 auto-skull

As well as changing Slide to after moving(putting his base move to 4).

Would any of that ease the issue here to make the setups worth it?
Old June 1st, 2018, 03:37 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

What if we did something really fun, riffing on the Batarang Cannon as Ronin suggested but we leave it unlimited like War Machine's Auto Chain Gun? Each roll has a 30% chance of failure, so let the sky be the limit in that regard.
Quote:
ICE BLAST 7
Before moving with Sub-Zero, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces without the Ice Resistance special power, and roll the 20-sided die. You may continue rolling for Ice Blast until you do not roll 7 or higher. Until the end of Sub-Zero's turn, for each roll of 7 or higher the chosen figure must subtract 1 from its Defense number and any 20-sided die they roll.
This makes Sub's gamble actually interesting, and gives the player a feeling that anything is possible.

Last edited by Arkham; June 1st, 2018 at 04:03 PM.
Old June 1st, 2018, 04:20 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I dig it, but I can't speak to theme or hands-on experience like Soundwarp and LO can.
Old June 1st, 2018, 04:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I do like the idea of it starting out small and scaling up, shows the difference between a glancing shot and a direct hit of the ice ball. Testing should reveal if the 7+ number needs adjusting or a hard cap is needed, but I'm not initially too concerned with someone hitting 4 or more 7+'s in a row on a regular basis. I know Spider-Man can sometimes seem impossible to hit as he rolls a 9+ again and again on you, but he also botches a lot of rolls in my experience.
Old June 1st, 2018, 04:55 PM

He does indeed.

It's also worth pointing out that the power still requires Sub to be within 4 clear sight spaces of the figure before moving, so that was already a limitation he needed to deal with.

I think it gives the grand potential that makes the gamble aspect worth it. I'm not sure what the odds break down of getting 3+ consecutive rolls is, but I'd have to imagine at an attack of 4 with no range, he's not likely to outright obliterate anyone even if he manages to get it 2-3 times in a game.

There are certainly other figures that can be super nasty if they manage to roll hot, so I'm not too concerned with it as-is, but we can always up the roll required to 8 or 9 if necessary.
Old June 1st, 2018, 04:58 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
What if we did something really fun, riffing on the Batarang Cannon as Ronin suggested but we leave it unlimited like War Machine's Auto Chain Gun? Each roll has a 30% chance of failure, so let the sky be the limit in that regard.
Quote:
ICE BLAST 7
Before moving with Sub-Zero, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces without the Ice Resistance special power, and roll the 20-sided die. You may continue rolling for Ice Blast until you do not roll 7 or higher. Until the end of Sub-Zero's turn, for each roll of 7 or higher the chosen figure must subtract 1 from its Defense number and any 20-sided die they roll.
This makes Sub's gamble actually interesting, and gives the player a feeling that anything is possible.

I'm not really seeing the gamble here unless I'm reading it wrong. A gamble insinuates that there is a chance at a loss...Here you just roll until you don't hit the number and get that many bonuses...A gamble would seem like you can bust so to speak. As in you can keep rolling but if you hit less than 7 you lose all your bonuses. So you can sort of push your luck or stop.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 1st, 2018, 05:00 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Ark meant that Sub-Zero is a gamble on the whole - you're investing 200+ points in a figure that can maybe cut through some defenses, instead of investing the same number of points in a comparably-priced figure that can definitely cut through defenses.
Old June 1st, 2018, 05:09 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

With 7 or higher:

70% chance of getting at least 1
49% chance of getting at least 2
34.3% chance of getting at least 3

With 8 or higher:

65% chance of getting at least 1
42.25% chance of getting at least 2
27.46% chance of getting at least 3

With 9 or higher:

60% chance of getting at least 1
36% chance of getting at least 2
21.6% chance of getting at least 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 1st, 2018, 05:15 PM

Another change I'd like to make that I've been pondering, which may help ease up on some points and concerns, is I want to change his class from Assassin to Warrior. The Lin Kuei were Assassins, but Kuai Liang left the Lin Kuei in disgust and despised them for their actions. Kuai Liang has more of a code and ultimately fights for good. He's much more so a Warrior, and after talking to fellow MK fanatics, they too said Warrior is more fitting for him.

Him teaming up with Batman III makes more sense based on the crossover they actually had in the game, than it does for him to be working with Lady Shiva etc.
Old June 1st, 2018, 05:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What game is that with Batman and Sub-Zero?
Old June 1st, 2018, 05:35 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Another change I'd like to make that I've been pondering, which may help ease up on some points and concerns, is I want to change his class from Assassin to Warrior. The Lin Kuei were Assassins, but Kuai Liang left the Lin Kuei in disgust and despised them for their actions. Kuai Liang has more of a code and ultimately fights for good. He's much more so a Warrior, and after talking to fellow MK fanatics, they too said Warrior is more fitting for him.

Him teaming up with Batman III makes more sense based on the crossover they actually had in the game, than it does for him to be working with Lady Shiva etc.
Warrior wouldn't give him synergy with Batman vIII - the only guy it gives him synergy with is Martain Manhunter vII. That said, I'm up for it if it's thematic - it'll be nice to give the Justice League another bizarre option, and I imagine a lot more MK characters will have Assassin synergies, so spreading it out a bit more is feeling good.

I like the idea of the variable Ice Blast in theory, but I fear it may lead to increased fiddlynesss and greater frustration - that's a lot of rolls you'll be making, for one, and also, if he misses after the first one, it'll feel frustrating for the guy playing him, and then there's also the top end possibility of him completely negating the defence of Superman. That being said, I'm not actually against it, I think it has potential, I'd just warn against getting too excited and probably suggest playing a few 1v1 matchups like that to see how it feels before putting that altered version out to test, since it's very different from what you've got now.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 1st, 2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What game is that with Batman and Sub-Zero?
MK vs DC. There's also Injustice 2, but MK vs DC is where they actually interacted. In Sub-Zero's ending, he actually takes inspiration from Batman.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library