Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 11th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
Re: Warmachine/Hordes by Privateer Press

I have actually got the warpacks for Skorne and Everblight that I keep intending to get put together and get painted.

It looks like a very interesting gaming system but I haven't had a chance to give it a go yet (see above).

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 03:36 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

I am going to pick up the Everblight battle box in a couple weeks and was wondering what other minis to look into to round out a decent army?

DWARVES!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 10:31 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
I am going to pick up the Everblight battle box in a couple weeks and was wondering what other minis to look into to round out a decent army?
Cool Roland. I have a Khador army, a small Merc army, and the Skorrne army box for Hordes. Now, with Allskulls just getting started and Bigjim having Cryx, some gaming and GMI is going to be in order. I haven't played in more than a year, though, so my rules knowledge is low.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:46 AM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

General Buttercup will (hopefully) be playing as well, though she hasn't yet decided on a Hordes faction. And as far as rule knowledge, mine is almost none, though I have the rulebook for Warmachine and have opened it up a few time on the train.

DWARVES!
Old June 26th, 2008, 12:19 AM

Bardolph has disabled reputation

Thanks for the comments on the painting. Now the dirty secret...
I did those guys as an example of what the "Miracle Dip" can do.

Those figs were primed black, with a heavy drybrush of white, then simply block painted with the basic colors. Then they went into the Dip, and then were sprayed with Dullcote.

All that detail and shading is courtesy of the Dip. I could have achieved better results by painting the normal way, layering and shading and inking etc. But it would have taken many hours longer. Those 10 guys were an easy evening project.

The "Dip" in this case is Minwax Polyshades Satin "Tudor" acrylic woodstain.
Stir it up, dunk the fig, give it several good shakes and use a bit of paper towel to wick off the excess. I actually ran a bit of string between the legs of the Trenchers and gave em a little spin instead of shaking them off...
They dry shiny, so you need the Dullcote.
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:54 AM

I am getting my Legion and Trollblood warpacks Thursday, and I am excited! This weekend I may be able to get in a game or two and paint them up.

DWARVES!

Last edited by Roland; July 9th, 2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation

Roland, I so wish we lived closer. I have a cryx army that doesnt see alot of play and it would be a blast to have another opponent.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:56 PM

Well the Legion is for me, the Trollbloods for Buttercup! RIght now I am brainstorming some paint schemes for them as I await the delivery

DWARVES!
Old July 9th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like warhammer better, but some of the concepts for these games are awesome!

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old July 10th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Well the Legion is for me, the Trollbloods for Buttercup! RIght now I am brainstorming some paint schemes for them as I await the delivery
Man, you're getting me fired up to paint my Skorne box that I've had for like what, two years?!? I've got Allskulls covered w/ my Warmachine armies, so I better get an opponent going for you. Give me a few weeks? I'm going on vacation and my painting has concentrated on World at War and Modern Combat at the moment.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old July 11th, 2008, 01:21 AM

I actually bought the Hordes to play against Allskulls, and mine should hopefully be up and running when you are ready. The boxes came today, and I have just gotten done readying mine for assembly, I am super psyched about doing everything to get ready for my first game this weekend.

DWARVES!
Old July 11th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation

Hopefully I can get a game in on Sunday. My friend who plays menoth stores all of our stuff at his apartment, as that is where we play and he has a really nice gaming table for it.

Lately we have been doing the 1000 point games and those get really complicated with two war casters and just so much stuff running around the table. It is a good 4 hour fight when it gets going.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures