Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 16th, 2022, 06:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Afterward

I'm now transferring my hope to any possible redo of the offering in the future. So many crowdfunders made it will so fewer pledges! Will we hear anything from Avalon Hill?

In the meantime, go to my thread on "AOA: Playing the New Factions" in General Discussion (or perhaps elsewhere) for any reports of proxy adventures with the cards we have so far. One poster on BGG reported playing with some of the Beta AOA cards. I wonder if they will find a way to share the rest of them. I want my Clockwork Airship!

Well done to Craig and the War Council. The future of Hasbro remains "The Undiscovered Country." (There's a joke in there, if you know what that meant in the old Star Trek film).

Last edited by chas; November 16th, 2022 at 06:54 AM.
Old November 16th, 2022, 07:26 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Well looks like we didn’t quite make it, no idea where it goes from here. I’ll probably drop back into the background and check in on y’all from time to time. Was fun seeing if we could get this memory to come back to life but it looks like it just wasn’t meant to be. I don’t know if AH has more tricks up their sleeve or if their initial statement of “if it doesn’t fund, it’s dead” is in fact where we are.

I’ll hang about for a bit, get a feel for which way the wind is blowing, and if nothing is shaking I’ll probably look for my next project. I put a couple on hold to work this one for a while.

It was good seeing and talking to some of the newer folks and great seeing some of the Scapers from yesteryear. It’s cool to see there is still some passion for this game, who knows what the future holds, I was surprised to see it got a second shot this last time.

Peace everyone, hope to see ya about.
Old November 16th, 2022, 08:01 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Craig and team…Thank you for the attempt.

Remember!!!
Heroscape will not simply go away…look at the successors that have already come out…from AOTV to a new computerized version that seems to work with a similar rule set (If memory serves it's called Warmonium), to the C3V and C3G crews and the rest of this amazing community.

Happy Scaping

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 16th, 2022 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Everyone back to work!
Old November 16th, 2022, 09:35 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
Nothing to report today I’m afraid.
Encarmine just popped into AH Dircord to assure that they were deep in discussion, but that there would not be an update from them today.
Old November 16th, 2022, 09:47 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:
Encarmine just popped into AH Dircord to assure that they were deep in discussion, but that there would not be an update from them today.
I don't do the Discords, I rely on you yungins to relay over here. That said, I find it very encouraging that we got a 'check-in.' Not sure what I expected today, but radio silence was also on the list.

-insert signature here-
Old November 16th, 2022, 11:01 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I could write a book on what I'm thinking today but instead I'll just offer my sympathies to those who are really feeling down this morning. This campaign was an all consuming endeavor these past few months and now that it's over it can feel like a wasted effort. I know the thought of exploring this game with my children with new retail units was an exciting thought and I too am saddened for where AoA ended up.

But I would remind everyone that there's still fantastic VC units to explore and the original units are still just as fun to play as they were yesterday. Let's keep our chins up and be supportive to our community. I believe that we haven't heard the last of Heroscape.

Long live Heroscape!
Old November 16th, 2022, 11:08 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, as long as they were not ever actually sold as exclusives they are free to do something else with them. If they do try a re-launch, they might change their mind on what the exclusives will be.
This is Hasbro. You can't trust a word they say about what they will or won't reprint. They just reprinted a bunch of classic MTG cards they'd promised fans they'd never reprint.
Old November 16th, 2022, 11:40 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:
At least there's serious consideration. Let's make it happen Hasbro. I really do feel like with all the planning and further expansion planning that they just assumed the Haslab would succeed and they're stunned it didn't.

I hope Hasbro realize that there's still a worthwhile market, even if there's not 8,000+ individual backers willing to buy a super deluxe collectors edition.

Upset City Baby.
Old November 16th, 2022, 11:53 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...y-saber/47340/

Interesting article about some issues with a previous Transformer Haslab, along with the comment section mentioning other Haslab figure issues.

Upset City Baby.
Old November 16th, 2022, 11:56 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
I hope Hasbro realize that there's still a worthwhile market, even if there's not 8,000+ individual backers aware, willing, and immediately capable of buying a super deluxe collectors edition.
FTFY

I think there is truth to Haslab not having as much exposure and less awareness of this project. I think there are also people willing to spend that kind of money on it, but perhaps have insufficient funds at the given moment.
Old November 16th, 2022, 12:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
FTFY

I think there is truth to Haslab not having as much exposure and less awareness of this project. I think there are also people willing to spend that kind of money on it, but perhaps have insufficient funds at the given moment.
I agree that there are enough people out there that would have bought 8000 sets worth if they had either found out about it or had a larger window to set aside the money. That doesn't mean this set composition and price point was the right one, but I do believe it could have succeeded with better advertising.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 16th, 2022, 12:05 PM
Upset City Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
I hope Hasbro realize that there's still a worthwhile market, even if there's not 8,000+ individual backers aware, willing, and immediately capable of buying a super deluxe collectors edition.
FTFY

Indeed. I don't know if there's 4,000+ individual people out there that would've spent $250 with more notice that weren't already saving money while checking out the weeks of Rough Draft drawing reveals during the "countdown to the Haslab, even though it wasn't revealed as so until the last couple weeks", but I imagine there's a fair amount of old players that would've came back with this set that aren't super engaged to the forum.

I feel the paint complaints, not enjoying all the factions, terrain preferences issues, too much at once to comprehend, not enough classic style units, etc. mainly stem from the thought of "This basically needs to meet my wants perfectly to spend $250 on one set".

But it's hard to say. It was a very high minimum goal, a very high minimum buy in, a very minimally detailed campaign page, a much smaller dedicated hardcore fanbase then assumed, and a low getting the general word out period and marketing plan in place compared to most Kickstarters. It still did a solid, I feel a passing amount of sales, in spite of all this.

Upset City Baby.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion