Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 19th, 2020, 09:28 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 2] Nahiri, Fury in Stone

I don't see the theme fit on that one.

What about Tough?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 19th, 2020, 10:26 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Tough would be fine, I'd just push for her to have low low defense. She doesn't look anything like a defender unit.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 19th, 2020, 02:19 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

to Icarian dragon warrior

Instead of making her size huge, what about preventing other units from moving her? Mechanically it would accomplish the same goal as changing her size to huge. The two units that care about size in this set also move their targets.

Quote:
DRAGONHEART COURAGE
Opponents figures may not move Nahiri using any special ability.
Old May 19th, 2020, 03:44 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

There's a power that does that in C3V you could borrow wording from; it is called STEADFAST and it is on the Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 19th, 2020, 10:00 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I personally don't see the thematic justification for giving her Tough, but I could probably be persuaded.

Reusing a version of Steadfast seems even more niche outside the set than the size change, especially without a strong thematic connection.

Here's another option to consider that might better fit the theme of a dragon ally?

Quote:
LOYAL PROTECTOR
Add +1 to the Attack and Defense values of this card [or some other bonus?] if Katryn is adjacent to a friendly wounded unique hero.

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; May 19th, 2020 at 10:20 PM.
Old May 20th, 2020, 03:36 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I do like that.
Old May 20th, 2020, 07:10 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My one concern with simply giving her a conditional Attack or Defense boost would be keeping in mind the overall number of units in the set that have ways to modify their Attack or Defense. Including Nahiri we're looking at 4 out of 12 figures so far whose Attack or Defense stats can fluctuate (Tetsuo, Ukushisa, Nahiri, and Rhox), and if Sorin does end up having an attack-boosting cheerleader ability that would mean that almost half of all the units designed so far have some way to modify an Attack or Defense stat, which seems like a lot. Doesn't mean I'd necessarily be against something like Loyal Protector here, but just thought it was worth keeping in mind.
Old May 21st, 2020, 09:43 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
My one concern with simply giving her a conditional Attack or Defense boost would be keeping in mind the overall number of units in the set that have ways to modify their Attack or Defense. Including Nahiri we're looking at 4 out of 12 figures so far whose Attack or Defense stats can fluctuate (Tetsuo, Ukushisa, Nahiri, and Rhox), and if Sorin does end up having an attack-boosting cheerleader ability that would mean that almost half of all the units designed so far have some way to modify an Attack or Defense stat, which seems like a lot. Doesn't mean I'd necessarily be against something like Loyal Protector here, but just thought it was worth keeping in mind.
Yea, same here, I'm not in favor of any stat modifying abilities on her. The changing size and flame sword special are perfect IMO. (Although I don't think people realize how potent that size ability will be on her, even tho she's being designed for this set, we al know we'll be using her with other figures who have "small or medium" abilities all the time. I'm looking forward to playtesting her if we go that direction!)

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 21st, 2020, 03:02 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Just gonna have to remember that she’s considered Huge, which will be the trick to seeing if the power works well (since its a power you have to actively remember).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 21st, 2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Just gonna have to remember that she’s considered Huge, which will be the trick to seeing if the power works well (since its a power you have to actively remember).
I don't think its really that much different than having to actively remember things like the Krav Maga's stealth dodge or Thorian Speed.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 08:39 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Initial thoughts:

She is fairly character-centric, like her Magic bio, and folks may wanna change that, but I'm a big fan of utilizing thos beige single space sand like tiles that come w/the set, since they are such a unique color compared to other Scape tiles. Thoughts??
I think caring about those tiles would be better for a figure that looks like it would care about those tiles.

I think her main focus should be about that sword.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 08:40 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Terrain changing abilities are very fun and cool, but there isn't enough terrain from the sets to put aside for her. Unfortunately I'd have to disagree with placing tiles.

She has a very prominent glowing sword that I think would be a crime not to incorporate into an ability. Other than a magic sword, I'm not sure on what theme to go with for her mini. Perhaps she could be more of a combat focused unit, or a 'Joan of Arc' like cheerleader raising her flaming sword
Ooh. Yes. I like this.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs