Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old July 21st, 2022, 09:46 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!
Betacron Public Playtesting

-Figure Photo
Spoiler Alert!

-text version of figure
Spoiler Alert!

Deadly Strike & Deadly Shot double the skulls before the shields are counted. For example, Zetacron who is on height rolls 3 attack dice. Of those 3 dice, 2 skulls and one blank are rolled. The Figure below him rolls 3 dice, but only one shield. Your skulls are doubled to 4 hits. When you subtract the 1 shield, the defender takes 3 total hits. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Recieved

OMNICRON REPULSORS : Targeting Beacon:
As a Soulborg who follows Jandar, Betacron may benefit from the Omnicron Repulsors' TARGETING BEACON attack bonus.

OMEGACRON : OMNICRON MOBILIZATION
As a Soulborg who follows Jandar, Betacron may benefit from Omegacron's movement activation synergy.

CONCAN THE KYRIE WARRIOR : Knight and Sentinel Enhancement
As a Sentinel, Betacron may benefit from Concan the Kyrie Warrior’s KNIGHT AND SENTINEL ENHANCEMENT attack and defense bonus.

Synergy Benefits Offered
Omnicron Patrol : Jandar Soulborg Squads
* Omnicron Repulsors
* Omnicron Snipers
Old July 22nd, 2022, 07:54 AM

Grey Waves rolls all skulls baby! Grey Waves rolls all skulls baby! Grey Waves rolls all skulls baby! Grey Waves rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Betacron Public Playtesting

How does Sentry Mode work in regards to abilities that let you move your figures even when it's your opponent's turn? For example, if a deathreaver uses Scatter and ends its movement within 5 spaces of Betacron, can the player controlling Betacron then roll for Sentry Mode? How about for special attacks that allow a unit to move, like Asterios' Furious Charge?

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman
Old July 22nd, 2022, 08:59 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!

If I get well sentry mode, it doesn't trigger if the moving figure finish it's movement engage with Betacron?

Edit : I miss read the "another figure", so it's ok ,

Last edited by Zeldarck; July 22nd, 2022 at 10:44 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2022, 12:42 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

TBH I don't see a good reason to slot him into an Omnicron list when I could take another Repulsor, unless I'm nearing the max of my figure limit. The Sentry ability is pretty cool though.

Have you guys considered making Omnicron Patrol just a generic Patrol? Something along the lines of this. It would allow the power to be reusable in the future if we want as well.

Patrol
At the end of the round, if there are no revealed OMs on Betacron's Army Card, you may move Betacron up to 5 spaces.
Old July 23rd, 2022, 01:41 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Waves View Post
How does Sentry Mode work in regards to abilities that let you move your figures even when it's your opponent's turn? For example, if a deathreaver uses Scatter and ends its movement within 5 spaces of Betacron, can the player controlling Betacron then roll for Sentry Mode? How about for special attacks that allow a unit to move, like Asterios' Furious Charge?
This is not official as the unit is not official yet, and so the Rules team is also still working through some power interactions, however for the upcoming tournament:

This power will be rolled for even when it's your opponents turn. It should function the same as if an opponent moved into an engagement strike.
Old July 23rd, 2022, 09:26 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If Betacron uses Omnicron Patrol to replace a squad of Repulsors' movement by his own, does the Repulsors' Circuitry Overload power still activate?
Old July 24th, 2022, 08:15 AM

Grey Waves rolls all skulls baby! Grey Waves rolls all skulls baby! Grey Waves rolls all skulls baby! Grey Waves rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
This is not official as the unit is not official yet, and so the Rules team is also still working through some power interactions, however for the upcoming tournament:

This power will be rolled for even when it's your opponents turn. It should function the same as if an opponent moved into an engagement strike.
Thanks for explaining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
TBH I don't see a good reason to slot him into an Omnicron list when I could take another Repulsor, unless I'm nearing the max of my figure limit. The Sentry ability is pretty cool though.

Have you guys considered making Omnicron Patrol just a generic Patrol? Something along the lines of this. It would allow the power to be reusable in the future if we want as well.

Patrol
At the end of the round, if there are no revealed OMs on Betacron's Army Card, you may move Betacron up to 5 spaces.
I feel the same way. I'd always rather take another squad of repulsors over Betacron, and even if I was only 1 figure under the limit, I'd still probably rather run Swaysil or some other filler hero instead. In his current state I think Betacron best fits in a generic Raelin + range army, since Sentry Mode is going to probably kill 3-4 opposing squad figures over the course of the game if you're facing melee. In these sorts of armies, however, Omnicron Patrol is a useless ability, and so I think changing it so it's not dependent on the repulsors to activate is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
If Betacron uses Omnicron Patrol to replace a squad of Repulsors' movement by his own, does the Repulsors' Circuitry Overload power still activate?
Yes. Although the card says 'after moving and before attacking', Circuitry Overload activating is not contingent on the repulsors moving that turn. The phrase just tells you when during the repulsor's turn the ability activates - after the movement phase (which still occurs even if Betacron intercedes with Omnicron Patrol) and before the repulsors can attack.

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman
Old July 24th, 2022, 08:39 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Yes. Although the card says 'after moving and before attacking', Circuitry Overload activating is not contingent on the repulsors moving that turn. The phrase just tells you when during the repulsor's turn the ability activates - after the movement phase (which still occurs even if Betacron intercedes with Omnicron Patrol) and before the repulsors can attack.
Thanks for clarifying that!

I'd like to echo the sentiment that Betacron doesn't really stand out for 'Cron armies. I'd most likely draft it as ranged filler if I'm already using Concan, or as a cheap blocker that can inflict free wounds on squaddies rushing my cheerleader(s).

Last edited by Blue Trails; July 24th, 2022 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Left in a quote bracket that mistakenly tagged the wrong user.
Old September 21st, 2022, 12:27 AM

Strack9 rolls all skulls baby! Strack9 rolls all skulls baby! Strack9 rolls all skulls baby! Strack9 rolls all skulls baby! Strack9 rolls all skulls baby! Strack9 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:

I assume then if Saylind summoned someone into its range, Betacron would get a Sentry mode shot?

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs

Last edited by Strack9; September 21st, 2022 at 12:45 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting