Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old June 9th, 2022, 09:45 PM

GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby!
Omnath Custom

Fellow 'Scapers,

I am not a MTG player, so don't really understand the powers and how they might have been translated to AotP cards. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to put up some stats and abilities for an Omnath custom here to help me with a custom hero creature and card. If one's already been done somewhere, maybe you could point me in the right direction. I've searched here and Boardgamegeek.com to no avail. Thanks in advance!

GamerDad74
Old June 19th, 2022, 05:25 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Omnath Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad74 View Post
Fellow 'Scapers,

I am not a MTG player, so don't really understand the powers and how they might have been translated to AotP cards. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to put up some stats and abilities for an Omnath custom here to help me with a custom hero creature and card. If one's already been done somewhere, maybe you could point me in the right direction. I've searched here and Boardgamegeek.com to no avail. Thanks in advance!

GamerDad74
IMO the devs seemed to play kinda fast and loose when they converted cards from strict MTG into AotP.

I'm very uneducated when it comes to MTG. I quickly searched Omnath, thinking it was a Planeswalker, lol. Ok, so it is some weird elemental being.

Assuming you want to turn it into a summonable card+figure:

One MTG card I saw mentions Omnath dealing damage equal to the number of Elementals you control? Luckily enough, IIRC AotP has the Blazing Firecats and the Pummelroot Elementals which both are "Elementals." Perhaps you make Omnath a green or even a green/red hero creature which gets some kind of bonus for each elemental creature/squad you control? You can be quite creative with that and keep the general MTG feel of the original card (at least IMO.)

As far as price/point cost.... Uhh that will take play testing and will vary based on his life, move, power, toughness, and whatever abilities you decide on giving him.

I'd be more than happy to give you suggestions for tweaking whatever version you churn out first! Let me know if you have other questions, or, would you prefer that I spit something out for a card? I can't speak for what YOU want out of Omnath, and frankly I'd probably do it a disservice because I have no idea what the thing is outside of the 3 minute internet search I just did on it, lol.
Old August 4th, 2022, 10:36 PM

GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby!

Brandonwiker, thanks for the reply. I just now saw your message.

Right now I'm elated, as I'm sure you are, with the new Heroscape release. Looking forward to all that will be coming out with that.

As far as Omnath, I saw where there was 4-color, even a 5-color Omnath. I'm wondering if there Omnath could be a stand alone figure (one person plays Omnath) who can draw from ANY color on the board, maybe taking over other units to use them for a turn or something? Maybe draining them somehow?

I have to get a better handle on the mechanics of how it might work with other units/colors.

If you want to throw a card together, I'd be happy to take a look. I'm not super possessive that I design him. I just want to see a really good unit created with Him.

Btw, Wizkids makes an unpainted Omnath figure (maybe you already know this) that I purchased to use in the game.
Old August 11th, 2022, 05:40 PM

Skyver knows what's in an order marker Skyver knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad74 View Post
Brandonwiker, thanks for the reply. I just now saw your message.

Right now I'm elated, as I'm sure you are, with the new Heroscape release. Looking forward to all that will be coming out with that.

As far as Omnath, I saw where there was 4-color, even a 5-color Omnath. I'm wondering if there Omnath could be a stand alone figure (one person plays Omnath) who can draw from ANY color on the board, maybe taking over other units to use them for a turn or something? Maybe draining them somehow?

I have to get a better handle on the mechanics of how it might work with other units/colors.

If you want to throw a card together, I'd be happy to take a look. I'm not super possessive that I design him. I just want to see a really good unit created with Him.

Btw, Wizkids makes an unpainted Omnath figure (maybe you already know this) that I purchased to use in the game.
After reading your comments, and seeing the huge size of the Omnath figure, it sounds like Omnath would be best utilized as some kind of Event creature. The best example of this I can think of is the Eldrazi Ruiner from the Battle for Zendikar expansion. This is appropriate as Omnath is also from Zendikar.

You can find the scenario book here:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=4481

On the last page, there are instructions for using the Eldrazi Ruiner as a Event creature / boss monster. One player plays as the Eldrazi while the other players attempt to take it down.

You could probably use the same rules for Omnath, or slightly tweak them to make them more specific to him. If you do something along these lines, let us know how it goes!
Old August 13th, 2022, 12:07 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

@GamerDad74 I have collaborted with with @SIEGE on his custom conversions of the AoTP to Heroscape cards. Siege's in initial work is a the below link, but I have continued to playtest and redesign based on that testing. Those updated cards can be found at this link (https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=61027):

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=54643

In addition I leveraged @Skyver project Guilds of Ravnica Workshop that can be found here to create custom Heroscape cards for the work he has done:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=55766

The following link contains my associated Guilds of Ravnica custom Heroscape cards along with other MTG Themed Heroscape custom cards:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=61027

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I created a custom Omnath Heroscape card based off it's lore and MTG card. I created a new thread where I am now keeping all active updates and additionally continuing to create new MTG themed Heroscape custom cards at the below link:

Last edited by gatormustang; December 8th, 2022 at 09:49 AM.
Old August 14th, 2022, 12:39 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Call it my personal bias, but since I'd seen a few official-looking Omnath MTG cards that were mono-green or green + 1-2 colors, and since AotP green has no heroes, I would probably make Omnath a green hero at a minimum, but still definitely follow the "elemental" theme as I see on the MTG card and even the custom Heroscape card above. Churning out some stats:

Name: Omnath

Color: Green (add other colors if you wish, green/red also seemed common based on MTG cards I saw.)

Life: 8

Move: 5

Range: 1

Power: 3

Toughness: 2

Sight point/Hit Zone: I'm personally not too concerned and I have not the skills to put this on a card right now.

Size/Height: Without having seen the figure, not entirely sure what I would design him to have. Based on the comments before mine here, sounds like he would be size large or huge and probably height of 10+.

Abilities:
Locus of Elements: Whenever you summon Omnath, any Elemental hero, or any Elemental squad, you may place a +1 power counter or a +1 toughness counter on Omnath. For each Elemental army card in play under your control, add 1 to Omnath's range number.

Overflowing Mana: Whenever a figure deals combat damage to Omnath, you may draw a card.

Cost: 125

Type: Unique Hero Creature - Elemental

All that is just random stuff I thought of in a matter of ~10 minutes. Perhaps is busted or weak, would need testing, but it's a start!

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; August 14th, 2022 at 05:23 PM.
Old August 14th, 2022, 05:07 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

@brandonwiker your stats and abilities are definitely inline with AoTP unit cards. I agree that Omanth would make a good hero addition. I really like the "Locus of Elements" and "Overflowing Mana" abilities and feel they are both well worded. The toughness IMO should match the power and toughness on the MTG card. With that said I would go with a toughness of 3 instead of 2. Based on what I have been able to research on the internet the figure size looks like it would fit as a Huge 8, but that is just a wild guess since I have not physically seen it. According to Omnath's lore it started out as a Green and then added Red, Blue, and White. I also felt that the point value I put on the custom Heroscape card was too high so I like the 125 value you have. @GamerDad74 there are some card templates that someone created for the AoTP customs. If I can find them I will through together a card based on what @brandonwiker developed.
Old August 15th, 2022, 10:38 AM

After contemplating about synergies for Omnath I felt that the Elemental synergies I had were good, but wanted to also include something that pertained to it being pure mana. This in my opinion would increase Aquilla spell casters (Wizards, Mages, and Sorcerers) with their magic special abilities. I have updated the card, which would synergize with the C3V approved Myrddin listed at the below link with his Mystic Sacrifice ability:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=41814

and my Guilds of Ravnica Heroscape Conversions custom for Ral Zarek shown below with his Storm Harbinger ability:

Last edited by gatormustang; December 8th, 2022 at 09:44 AM.
Old August 15th, 2022, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
After contemplating about synergies for Omnath I felt that the Elemental synergies I had were good, but wanted to also include something that pertained to it being pure mana. This in my opinion would increase Aquilla spell casters (Wizards, Mages, and Sorcerers) with their magic special abilities. I have updated the card, which would synergize with the C3V approved Myrddin listed at the below link with his Mystic Sacrifice ability:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=41814

and my Guilds of Ravnica Heroscape Conversions custom for Ral Zarek shown below with his Storm Harbinger ability:

Good ideas if you want to make it work for Heroscape. It appeared to me that the OP was asking for a hero creature card - something to be summoned in AotP.

However, your vision of the conversion of pure mana into an ability is also decent in AotP. Suppose Omnath would have to be given at least blue and/or red and/or white, but if we toss some sort of "add up to X to your D20 roll" power for an AotP card, he could assist Jace B with Mind Stealer D20 and also help Nahiri with dealing damage via Pass through Stone D20. For creature there are the Goblin Javelineers' Volatile Hedron Javelin D20 and the Restless Zombies' Darkness Rises D20 roll.

I think the D20 roll buff is a good alternative, makes sense. For fleshing it out in AotP, it might require some additional custom army cards, because at a quick glance those are the only 4 synergies I can think of, and it's not completely terrible considering AotP has... Like 30 army cards, give or take?
Old August 15th, 2022, 12:25 PM

@brandonwiker yes mine is aligned to classic Heroscape and is my attempt to add on to what @SIEGE AoTP Custom Conversion project started and @Skyver Guilds of Ravnica Workshop worked on. Naturally, in the case of both of these it was only if there were good miniatures that could be leveraged and available. I do enjoy AoTP I just tend to play Heroscape more. The verbiage on mine is trying to stay in the context and syntax of what would be acceptable for Heroscape. If you can come up with the AoTP wording and title for the ability I will take your already provided information and create a multi-color AoTP card.
Old August 16th, 2022, 05:32 PM

Quote:
@brandonwiker yes mine is aligned to classic Heroscape and is my attempt to add on to what @SIEGE AoTP Custom Conversion project started and @Skyver Guilds of Ravnica Workshop worked on. Naturally, in the case of both of these it was only if there were good miniatures that could be leveraged and available. I do enjoy AoTP I just tend to play Heroscape more. The verbiage on mine is trying to stay in the context and syntax of what would be acceptable for Heroscape. If you can come up with the AoTP wording and title for the ability I will take your already provided information and create a multi-color AoTP card.
Lucky you, my post above was 100% intended to be used for AotP. My quick design (abilities in particular) mentions summoning and combat damage, two phrases which are alien to Heroscape AFAIK.
Old August 17th, 2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Quote:
Lucky you, my post above was 100% intended to be used for AotP. My quick design (abilities in particular) mentions summoning and combat damage, two phrases which are alien to Heroscape AFAIK.
@brandonwiker I am not sure if the creation of a custom AoTP Omnath card is of any interest to anyone at this point, but I have taken it this far and don't mind creating custom cards. Since the miniature for Omnath is readily available although expensive IMO maybe someone will get some use out of either the AoTP custom or Heroscape custom. I tried thinking of the right wording for the Pure Mana synergy concept, but I could not make it sound right. If you have a good idea on it let me know and I can add it to the card. Below is the custom AoTP based on your stats:

Last edited by gatormustang; December 8th, 2022 at 09:45 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender