Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 20th, 2010, 05:14 PM

General Nilfy Woo who?
Tournament Army Advice Help: Elves

My friend Dragonmaster is hosting a tournament this coming saturday at 520 points, no marvel. I haven't seen any Elf armies for a long time so here are some. Tips, strategies concerning them, and critiques are really what I am looking for. Here's what I'm thinking of:

Ulginesh 150
Jordawn 100
Emiroon 80
Arkmer 50
Kyntela Gwyn 20
Theracus 40
Raelin 80

or

Ulginesh 150
Emiroon 80
Jordawn 100
Chardris 90
Raelin & Kyntela Gwyn/ 2x Warriors of Ashra 100

Ulginesh 150
Emiroon 80
Jordawn 100
Arkmer 50
Kyntela Gwyn 20
Researching last 120 points.

General Nilfy, trying to make the elves competitive.

Last edited by General Nilfy; September 22nd, 2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:25 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death!
Re: Tournament Army Advice Help: Elves

I Highly suggest reading How to choose, and use, the Elven Army. Both your armies are good - 2nd one is better against melee squad armies, 1st is better against more heroes, elves always have difficulty with ranged squads but you can have Aubrien Archers instead of Warriors of Ashra and it would help if you know the metagame will be ranged squad heavy.
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:28 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sorry. It's rough. I did pretty well with 750 points once. The army I came up with for 520 is

150 Ulginesh
100 Jordhawn
100 Syvarris (reliable range)
90 Chardris
60 Izumi (your screen)
20 Kyntela

Very fragile, with just enough Wizards to get the maximum bonus, but you have reliable long distance range in Syvarris, and a screen, such as it is. You could replace Syvarris with Morsbane, making your Wizardry less vulnerable to disruption.

Next Generation

Last edited by kolakoski; September 20th, 2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old September 20th, 2010, 06:06 PM

General Nilfy Woo who?

thanks for the help lefton. the metagame would be DW 10000 army, Braxas, Marro, and maybe Dragons. Thanks again!!
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:52 PM

Vivaldi is surprisingly tart

Army 1- What is Theracus doing in there? No need to hurry up and leave anyone behind.

Army 2- It's too bad you can't have Raelin and the WoA. They really need a screen AND more defense.

A happy medium might be this: drop Chardris for KG and Arkmer, then you have 120 left to build a good screen. Maybe even compromise again with 1x rats and Raelin.

Other thoughts-
Otonashi probably goes better with elves than almost any other army. They are all tricky, and she can try to assassinate some major problems they have(Braxas, gruts, Jotun, Ornak, and Marro).

I prefer Arkmer over Chardris. Their attacks are close enough to the same, he has synergy with the WoA and the fear of engagement strike helps keep you from getting overrun.

If you don't expect orcs, look into Deathreavers as a screen over WoA.

The elves will be hard pressed against most if not all tier 1 armies.
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:19 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I don't really like them until you get up to 550, but I'd suggest:

Ulginesh - 150
Emirroon - 230
Arkmer - 280
Jorhdawn - 380
Raelin - 460
Kyntela Gwyn - 480
Deathreavers - 520, 11 hexes

I was going to go with the Izumi instead of KG/Rats, but I think you need KG since you don't have Chardris to add another wizard to boost Jorhdawn and Emirroon.

I think the biggest thing with EWiz is to be patient. Set up your pod somewhere nice and leave it there. Always have a couple of Elves next to Emirroon to boost his Summon roll, and use Arkmer to run out and snipe, then summon him back to the pod if they decide to turtle. The one squad of Rats can still be a decent screen when backed by Raelin (though I'd worry far more about keeping your Elves under Raelin's protection).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:24 AM

General Nilfy Woo who?

Theracus is there for bigger maps carrying Emiroon to the height fast and then transporting everyone else. Raelin is needed against the Airborne Elite. They drop in with height advantage and kill Ulginesh first turn!! For the 120 point screen I could throw in 3 Reaver squads if I had them. The army has to set up quickly and hold its own.

Ulginesh 150
Emiroon 80
Jordawn 100
Arkmer 50
Kyntela Gwyn 20
3x Deathreavers 120

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion