Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 30th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
mac122's Supers: Turtle Friend and Foes!

Superhero Customs?!? What was I thinking?!?
The thread title says it all, or at least most of it. I haven't created many Superhero customs, but I enjoy using them in games. Since C3G already has a huge pool of great designs, I just use them. There are a few characters I'm interested in that C3G hasn't gotten around to, yet, so, for the most part, that's what you'll find here. Be warned, I'm not a comic book afficionado. My customs will be influenced very heavily by the movie portrayal of the characters and less from what little I remember from the comic books I read as a kid. Any and all constructive criticisms would be welcome.

Turtles!
With the release of C3G's Turtles, and knowing my daughter is a huge TMNT fan, I threw together some customs for some other characters from the Turtle-world. These are heavily influenced by other C3G designs and some of Sherman Davies Turtle customs. The Foot, for example, are basically a copy of C3G's Hand Ninjas, Shredder borrows heavily from Masahiro Arashi, and Master Splinter is mostly Sherman Davies' design, changing the first power.

Master Splinter

The Shredder

Bebop

Rocksteady

Foot Ninja

Second Project: MEGAMIND!
Spoiler Alert!

First Project: Whiplash and Hammer Drones
Spoiler Alert!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; November 6th, 2017 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Turtles
Old May 30th, 2012, 03:53 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: mac122's Awesomely Inspired Foray into Superhero Customs

Those look real good mac! From just a cursory glance over the cards, I saw nothing wrong with them (except for the missing point values)!

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old May 30th, 2012, 11:15 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: mac122's Possibly Misguided Foray into Superhero Customs

Cool stuff Mac. Love the custom drones! I've always planned to use the Omnicron Snipers myself but Rocket Red is a great pick!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 30th, 2012, 11:20 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Mac my friend it is good to see you in the super customs. I tend to go back and forth between my Super and Classic customs. I like what you have done here with the drones. +Rep

Last edited by JC McMinis; May 30th, 2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old May 31st, 2012, 01:22 AM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the nice comments, guys.

Rocket Red turned out to be a great figure to use. It's very easy to slice off his right arm and rotate it to a different position and reglue. I found that his right leg is pretty easy to remove by flexing it back and forth until the glue gives way. Trim a bit off the small peg on the leg, add a drop of superglue and place it back in the socket in a slightly different position. The other nice thing about Rocket Red is the price. I bought mine from Cool Stuff for 35 cents apiece.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:09 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Those drones look awesome! Great job on the modding!

As far as the You Lose roll. Destroying yourself and all your drones is a huge negative. I think you can afford to have a somewhat lower roll since you're taking a big risk destroying all your figures. I recognize that you'd only do it when the battle is lost, but still I think I'd rather try to squeak it out. With so many characters with dodges, the 2 unblockable can still be avoided.

Especially since you only roll once for all figures. If you rolled individually for each figure you were destroying then I could see the higher number.

Old May 31st, 2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post

As far as the You Lose roll. Destroying yourself and all your drones is a huge negative. I think you can afford to have a somewhat lower roll since you're taking a big risk destroying all your figures. I recognize that you'd only do it when the battle is lost, but still I think I'd rather try to squeak it out. With so many characters with dodges, the 2 unblockable can still be avoided.

Especially since you only roll once for all figures. If you rolled individually for each figure you were destroying then I could see the higher number.
Good points, hi1. Thanks for the feedback! You'd need other figures in your army for "You Lose" to help you win the game. Otherwise, it would only help you force a draw or up your points killed total in a tournament. So, do you think 16 is good or would an even lower number work? 15?

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 31st, 2012, 01:05 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you used You Lose to destroy all the opponent's figures even though you are destroyed in using it, since you killed them first, don't you win?

Old May 31st, 2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
If you used You Lose to destroy all the opponent's figures even though you are destroyed in using it, since you killed them first, don't you win?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book of Deathwalker 7000
- SELF-DESTRUCT : Using Self-Destruct on Opponent’s Last Figure When Deathwalker 7000 is YOUR Last Figure
If Deathwalker 7000 is your last figure, and he uses his Self Destruct Special Attack to destroy your opponent’s last figure on the battlefield, who wins?
That would be a tie since once Deathwalker 7000’s turn is complete, there are no figures on the battlefield. (Hasbro FAQ)
Based on this from the Book of DW7K, if "You Lose" causes all figures on the battlefield to be destroyed, it would be a draw. So, in a way it's a power that may enable you to "not lose" more than help you win. I think I'll set it at 15 for now and try to work some playtesting in to see how it works.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 31st, 2012, 05:11 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice Whiplash!

You really should give all these guys the Super Strength symbol, though.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 31st, 2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Nice Whiplash!

You really should give all these guys the Super Strength symbol, though.
Thanks!

And good catch. You're right about the Super Strength Symbol. I'll add it to all of these.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old May 31st, 2012, 06:05 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:

Good points, hi1. Thanks for the feedback! You'd need other figures in your army for "You Lose" to help you win the game. Otherwise, it would only help you force a draw or up your points killed total in a tournament. So, do you think 16 is good or would an even lower number work? 15?
I'm not big on the comics, but I love superhero movies and I did LOVE the recent "Wolverine and the X-Men" and "Iron Man" cartoons on Nicktoons a couple of years ago. So I really can see what theme you're going for more since I am more of a super-movie nerd than super-comic. Finally, I know what I'm looking at when I see the Superhero customs here!

So, anyway, I really like these. But "You Lose" is a bit underpowered. It is risky... I mean, don't you think risking to lose what is probably your ENTIRE army not worth a 1/4 chance you'll take all of your opponent's with you? It should have a 1/4 chance of NOT working, not a 1/4 chance of working. Just my opinion, but my thoughts may be overpowered too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations