Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:28 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroes of Star Wars: Battle Tests

Great work, David. Thanks for all your help with this.
Old May 19th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Episode IV complete. I've jotted brief comments for each figure in the Episode Index. Reminder: Don't forget changes to Princess Leia.

I've printed the cards for Episode V, and will go over those figures to determine any questions or issues. Once I've done that, I'll post an Episode Index.
Old May 19th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Episode V

Initial Questions (12/10/11) - Completed with initial questions. Adding comments.
Spoiler Alert!

Boba Fett
Spoiler Alert!

Chewbacca (11/30/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Yoda (05/26/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Lando Calrissian (05/19/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Bespin Guards
Spoiler Alert!

Rebel Snow Troopers (11/29/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Snowtroopers (12/10/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Lobot
Spoiler Alert!

IG-88 (11/28/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Battles
Draft of optional AT-AT rules for Hoth battles (11/30/11)

Battle V-01 (05/25/11): Star Wars only.
Battle V-01a (05/26/11): Same matchup with different strategy.
Battle V-01b (05/30/11): Similar matchup with one squad per side.
Battle V-01c (05/30/11): Final matchup with this group, with both sides fielding large number of squads.
Battle V-02 (11/29/11): Hoth battle. Snowball fight, anyone?
Battle V-02a (11/30/11): Sames as Battle V-02 with some tweaks. Most important change is testing change to Snowtroopers.
Battle V-03 (12/02/11): Rebels vs Classic
Battle V-03a (12/10/11): Empire vs Classic

Last edited by davidlhsl; December 10th, 2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old May 25th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Battle V-01 (Star Wars only)
05/25/2011

Map: C3G Swamp Lab, no glyphs (I guess Cloud City sank into the swamp!)

Team A: Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers x 1 (500)
Team B: Lando Calrissian, Lobot, IG-88 x 1, Bespin Guards x 4 (510)

Test Objectives
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by davidlhsl; May 26th, 2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

David,

For Unscrupulous, only 1 IG-88 should get the benefit of the Bounty. We'll need to reword that. It's supposed to represent IG-88 stealing the killing blow and stealing the Bounty.

For Killer Instinct, I would think it means that he can continue attacking with his Special Attack until he fails to inflict at least one wound.
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
(05/19/11) Let’s say I place an order marker on Yoda, and the opponent gets initiative and kills Yoda in the first turn. Now Yoda is placed on someone, such as Luke, to provide his Force Spirit. It seems that Luke would gain bonuses for both Force Inspiration and Force Spirit until the end of the round.
I don't think this is true, David. Once Yoda is destroyed, Special Powers no longer work unless specifically stated within that Special Power.
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Battle V-01a (Star Wars only)
05/26/2011

Map: C3G Swamp Lab, no glyphs

Team B: Lando Calrissian, Lobot, IG-88 x 1, Bespin Guards x 4 (510)

Test Objectives
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by davidlhsl; May 26th, 2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old May 30th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Battle V-01b (Star Wars only)
05/30/2011

Team B: Lando Calrissian, Lobot, IG-88 x 2, Bespin Guards x 1 (490)

Test Objectives
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by davidlhsl; May 30th, 2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old May 30th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Battle V-01c (Star Wars only)
05/30/2011

Team A: Boba Fett, Stormtroopers x 4 (560)
Team B: Lando Calrissian, Lobot, IG-88 x 1, Bespin Guards x 5 (570)

Test Objectives
Spoiler Alert!

Battle Report
Spoiler Alert!

Comments
Spoiler Alert!
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:13 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Great battle reports, David.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 04:36 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Nice job, Dave!

From your battles, do the figures seem balanced and priced properly?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old June 2nd, 2011, 05:20 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Nice job, Dave!

From your battles, do the figures seem balanced and priced properly?
The only question in my mind regarding cost is I'm thinking Tusken Raiders seem more like 50 point figures instead of 75. Not sure if it's my play style, though. These guys need to be turtled to keep them grouped together for the Ambush, but you sacrifice getting some to advantageous ground. I think the latter situation makes setting the ambush more difficult, as it's more important to put some of these guys in good sniping positions.

As a point of comparison, take a look at the Gamorrean Guards. They are only 45 points, but they have really beefed stats. That's appropriate for melee. I haven't played them yet, but I'm not seeing Tusken Raiders being almost twice the Guards just from the numbers.

One really fun aspect of playing these battles is that they are pulling me back into Classic Heroscape's power range. I've been playing the supers for so long that it's a real culture shock to switch back. I got into Heroscape after Wave 3. Back then, most people were playing 400 point armies. That's the reason for my point reference. Not sure what people are playing now, but I'm thinking it's now 500-600 points. With Heroscape, if you play too few points, you get the blowout situations you've seen in Battles V-01 and V-01a. If you play too many points, troop management becomes difficult with not enough order markers to go around. I think I'll establish 500 points as the default, and need to deprogram myself away from the 400 points that I had played for so long. That goes for Classic Scape as well.

An interesting aspect of the Star Wars universe for Heroscape is that Classic Heroscape emphasizes squads with few heroes (at least, before DnD), while Super Heroscape (and DnD) emphasizes many heroes and few or no squads. Star Wars, on the other hand, has a mix between heroes and squads. That can create a problem, as squads typically overwhelm heroes. If I run into future blowout situations, I may bump point values to 600 as I did in the last battle before passing judgement.

Fun factor is huge so far. Darth Vader is tremendous fun to play. Princess Leia is a great commander figure, and she really kicks butt and takes names. Han requires considerable finesse to get his abilities in gear. I'm looking forward to pairing him with Chewie. My dice HATE Obi-wan, but that's my problem.

On this latest episode I'm testing, IG-88 has an issue regarding Unscrupulous I've mentioned in the index that Balantai has answered. I need to see how 4x works, but the last battle I played was really balanced.

Once I've finished my C3G battle in my other thread, I'll set up Ice Blossom (BoV) for some Hoth action.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape