Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:01 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: DnD Master Set IN HAND

Congratulations, and send us a battle report!
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talos View Post
I know it's not long to wait for the web scenarios (Assuming the 4th) but can you let us know if they will be for single sets only? Some of us can't afford multiple buys, mores the pity...
The first scenarios will use only 1 master set. The scenarios will introduce supplemental rules that we feel could guide players in making their own scenario rules. We also will include rules additions we think are important, but didn't make it into the rulebook. Expect the scenario support to be ongoing.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:56 AM

Talos is surprisingly tart

Fantastic News GB, I'm glad the rules set is still fluid. I've felt since D&DScape was announced that due to the flexibility of the HS Rules that you could make the new line as D&D (or not) as you wanted.

Not only does that keep the Scapers happy, but it opens a wealth of opportunity for D&D players. I'm thinking back to the old AD&D Battlesytem skirmish sysytem, and how HS is so much better.

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say a huge "thanks" for the ongoing scenario support.

Thanks for the update!

Cheers,
Talos

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
- George Carlin
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:40 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

Just got mine in the mail today from Auggies. The new rules work well and I love the new rocks, shadow tiles are also neat. A couple of things annoy me, the coloer of dungeon tiles when you are building maps are easy to confuse with others if you are looking at it quickly. Also the D&D figures look alot smaller then the other heroscape figures (the drow especially). Its not a game breaker (I like it for doing customs as now other minis can fit in better). Also some of the paint jobs are...scary, Tandros is African American in my set(not complaining makes him cooler) and Eravan Sunshadow looks like one of the who's from the new Dr.Suess movies.

Still this set is awesome and I love that scape is still alive.

Also I cracked up at the add for D&D in the back. Way to include The Gnome and Francis, will we be getting figures of those two?
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:04 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvaris View Post
Just got mine in the mail today from Auggies. The new rules work well and I love the new rocks, shadow tiles are also neat. A couple of things annoy me, the coloer of dungeon tiles when you are building maps are easy to confuse with others if you are looking at it quickly. Also the D&D figures look alot smaller then the other heroscape figures (the drow especially). Its not a game breaker (I like it for doing customs as now other minis can fit in better). Also some of the paint jobs are...scary, Tandros is African American in my set(not complaining makes him cooler) and Eravan Sunshadow looks like one of the who's from the new Dr.Suess movies.

Also I cracked up at the add for D&D in the back. Way to include The Gnome and Francis, will we be getting figures of those two?
OH, I didn't know Tandros is American.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:07 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktheant View Post
Quote:

The Underdark is just a cave system under America. Kinda like that mysterious underground network beneath Disney World.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 01:42 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
The rulebook appears to have been exceptionally well done. Excellent examples with clear pictures. A GLOSSARY is just a fantastic addition. Very, very nice job by whoever worked on the rulebook.

edit: I'm waiting for my set to arrive to comment on the rest!
I absolutely concur. Whoever was working on this at WotC must have taken a page from the Settlers of Catan rulebook, whose glossary is extremely useful.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:31 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I am also excited - the online scenario support is a superb way to provide more without the cost of printing a bigger rulebook, and I don't mind printing out them myself. I am eager to hear about the new rules.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I am also excited - the online scenario support is a superb way to provide more without the cost of printing a bigger rulebook, and I don't mind printing out them myself. I am eager to hear about the new rules.
Just want to make sure that everyone knows that any scenario rules we put out there are optional. Use em if you want or make your own.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:07 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktheant View Post
Quote:

I am trying to be more politically correct. Fine Tanrdos appears to be of African descent(if Toril has an African equivalent continent).

Also the Glossary is just fantastic, definitely going to have it out at every game I play. Its a good way to quick check the rules.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 06:49 PM

Wiet is surprisingly tart

Wow, I didn't realize how extremely lucky I got! I went to Paris for a New Year's party, and saw MS3 in a FLGS's window on Dec. 30th. Store was closed then, but on the 31st I was one of the first customers to buy a set. And for a really good price too (27 euros) considering HS is marketed badly (ie. not at all) and very hard too get throughout Europe.

I thought the set might have been out a while since I hadn't been checking this site regularly. Now I understand I am among the first to have bought it. That feels kind of nice

I hope HS will be revitalised in Europe this coming year!
Old January 3rd, 2010, 07:59 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiet View Post
Wow, I didn't realize how extremely lucky I got! I went to Paris for a New Year's party, and saw MS3 in a FLGS's window on Dec. 30th. Store was closed then, but on the 31st I was one of the first customers to buy a set. And for a really good price too (27 euros) considering HS is marketed badly (ie. not at all) and very hard too get throughout Europe.

I thought the set might have been out a while since I hadn't been checking this site regularly. Now I understand I am among the first to have bought it. That feels kind of nice

I hope HS will be revitalised in Europe this coming year!
I hope that happens. Good luck!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News