Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 16th, 2008, 08:11 PM

lharles Woo who?
Re: Should I buy this...?

If I do buy the stuff, the first thing I'm gonna' try and do is get the few things I don't have.

If I've got anything left after that then we'll see what we can make happen.

I'm waiting on a response from the guy. We're just trying to work out the date to get together...so, again, we'll see...

Lharles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty the Awasome View Post
I agree with everyone else. Buy it, and sell off what you don't want. Oh, and how many packs of romans and orcs are you getting (from wave 1)? Because if it's 2 or more, I'd buy them if you didn't want them.

My want/trade list...

Good traders/trades: 'cosmosis', 'holylink718'
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:17 PM

tppytel is surprisingly tart

When I evaluate lots like these, I tend to think about how much I'd be getting "for free" given standard resale prices. Given what I've seen things go for on eBay lately, that lot would break down as follows, assuming everything is opened, but in otherwise fine condition:

RotV 1st - $40 ($20 for the water, $20 for the terrain)
SotM - $20
Castle - $20
Forest - $15
Lava - $20
Tundra - $30
Orm's - $15
Raknar's - $15
Wave 1: 4x $20 = $80
Knights - $20
Drones - $20
Krug, etc. - $20
Archers/Glads - $25
Other Boosters: 12x $8 = $96

Total: $426

Note that if the items were unopened, they'd be quite a bit more expensive (which always puzzles me, considering how HS figs are nearly indestructible). So you could eBay off $330 worth of that, pay eBay/Paypal it's 10% or so, and end up with about $100 worth of "free" stuff (paid for by your time reselling it, which could be considerable).

I would say that it's an OK deal, but not great. If you needed most of the stuff yourself then it would be a slam dunk, because buying it all together would save you ton of time and a bundle in individual shipping costs. But I'd probably pass on it if it were just for trade bait or giveaways.
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:19 PM

lharles Woo who?

Awesome breakdown!

Thanks!

Lharles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tppytel View Post
When I evaluate lots like these, I tend to think about how much I'd be getting "for free" given standard resale prices. Given what I've seen things go for on eBay lately, that lot would break down as follows, assuming everything is opened, but in otherwise fine condition:

RotV 1st - $40 ($20 for the water, $20 for the terrain)
SotM - $20
Castle - $20
Forest - $15
Lava - $20
Tundra - $30
Orm's - $15
Raknar's - $15
Wave 1: 4x $20 = $80
Knights - $20
Drones - $20
Krug, etc. - $20
Archers/Glads - $25
Other Boosters: 12x $8 = $96

Total: $426

Note that if the items were unopened, they'd be quite a bit more expensive (which always puzzles me, considering how HS figs are nearly indestructible). So you could eBay off $330 worth of that, pay eBay/Paypal it's 10% or so, and end up with about $100 worth of "free" stuff (paid for by your time reselling it, which could be considerable).

I would say that it's an OK deal, but not great. If you needed most of the stuff yourself then it would be a slam dunk, because buying it all together would save you ton of time and a bundle in individual shipping costs. But I'd probably pass on it if it were just for trade bait or giveaways.

My want/trade list...

Old July 16th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

That's even somewhat low ball for what you'll probably get particularly for the older waves.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:25 PM

lharles Woo who?

Let me ask you smart folks this...

Can I reasonably expect to trade parts of the items in total for the items I still need?

Specifically, the Onyx Vipers and the convention exclusives, (one of each - excluding this year - I have a friend who's gonna' hook me up with the new Agent one)?

Lharles

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
That's even somewhat low ball for what you'll probably get particularly for the older waves.

R~

My want/trade list...

Old July 16th, 2008, 08:27 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If somebody asks if you want to buy 'Scape...you say YES!!

Old July 16th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

That's more about finding the person or people who have them for trade rather than the worth of something. More than likely if you search through the trading thread and post what you have someone will have them to trade with you.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:29 PM

lharles Woo who?

That's a big twinkie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post

If somebody asks if you want to buy 'Scape...you say YES!!

My want/trade list...

Old July 16th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's like buying everything for somewhere between 25-35% off retail. That's not a bad discount, but don't buy it if you don't need it and don't want to have to deal with it all.
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:30 PM

lharles Woo who?

Sure, sure.

I just meant is the value equivalent to expect that I could reasonably trade items in that lot for the items I mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
That's more about finding the person or people who have them for trade rather than the worth of something. More than likely if you search through the trading thread and post what you have someone will have them to trade with you.

R~

My want/trade list...

Old July 16th, 2008, 08:32 PM

lharles Woo who?

Yeah, I gotcha'.

On a side note...

Is it W-ih-n-d or Why-n-d?

Lharles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane View Post
It's like buying everything for somewhere between 25-35% off retail. That's not a bad discount, but don't buy it if you don't need it and don't want to have to deal with it all.

My want/trade list...

Old July 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharles View Post
Yeah, I gotcha'.

On a side note...

Is it W-ih-n-d or Why-n-d?

Lharles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane View Post
The first, hence my less than helpful sig.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion