Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 16th, 2008, 07:32 PM

lharles Woo who?
Should I buy this...?

I've got an opportunity to purchase an individual's collection of Heroscape that includes both master sets, (RotV 1st Edition), a castle set, a forest set, a lava set, a tundra set, Orm's return, Raknar's vision, along with all of wave 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6.

This would come with all the containers for the stuff that the person is using.

They're asking...

$300.

So, do I buy it?

I've got pretty much everything except for the Onyx Vipers and convention exclusives now, (I tend to be obsessive about the collecting part and then, once I've got everything, I move over to being obsessive about the game itself - - Heroclix nearly bankrupted me a few years back), so I'm conflicted.

What do all of you fine folks think?

Thanks for any input, silly, demeaning, or otherwise.

Lharles

My want/trade list...

Good traders/trades: 'cosmosis', 'holylink718'
Old July 16th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Should I buy this...?

It sounds like a reasonable deal to me. Think of it this way, if you don't need it you could always sell the parts off on Ebay and make more than you're paying for.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old July 16th, 2008, 07:38 PM

Frank'n'stay Woo who?

YES!!!!! BUY IT!!!!!! Honestly, that's an amazing deal, as a first edition RotV set goes for about $70-80. Then add all of the first two waves and you have basically made up the cost of what it usually go for at most places. (Waves one and two are nearly impossible to find, even if you DID want to pay out the nose for them.)

So buy it now! Before we all try to get our hands on it!

Frank'n'stay
Old July 16th, 2008, 07:40 PM

lharles Woo who?

That occurred to me but I'm not much of a buy it to sell it sort of guy.

I don't know...I'm REALLY conflicted about it. I don't tend to spend a lot of frivolous money but when I get into somethin' sometimes I tend to go a bit overboard.

I guess the question I would have asked next is answered by your response...

Is it worth it?

Lharles

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
It sounds like a reasonable deal to me. Think of it this way, if you don't need it you could always sell the parts off on Ebay and make more than you're paying for.

R~

My want/trade list...

Old July 16th, 2008, 07:43 PM

lharles Woo who?

I'll be completely, ahem, Frank with you. I considered buying it for the purpose of giving it away in some capacity.

That would be the same as you getting your hands on it, right?

I don't really need it. I figured I might be able to trade for the stuff I don't have. Outside of that... {shrug}

It's a lot of cash and while I'm paid pretty well, I also have a whole gaggle o' small people who I have to feed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank'n'stay View Post
YES!!!!! BUY IT!!!!!! Honestly, that's an amazing deal, as a first edition RotV set goes for about $70-80. Then add all of the first two waves and you have basically made up the cost of what it usually go for at most places. (Waves one and two are nearly impossible to find, even if you DID want to pay out the nose for them.)

So buy it now! Before we all try to get our hands on it!

Frank'n'stay

My want/trade list...

Old July 16th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Buy it. The first waves are exspecive now. You can use all the common squads for bigger and better armies.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old July 16th, 2008, 07:48 PM

Frank'n'stay Woo who?

Ahhhhh..... so this is an INVESTMENT.
Old July 16th, 2008, 07:50 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharles View Post
Is it worth it?
Sounds like it to me. I would buy it (if I had $300) and just sell what I didn't need. The wave 1,2, and 4 almost make it worth it right there, and you get a lava and a tundra, both very difficult to find too.

Just my two cents.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old July 16th, 2008, 07:53 PM

lharles Woo who?

Well, that's part of why I posted this thread!? I don't KNOW!

It sounds like I'd be gettin' a good deal no matter what though.

The question that will continue to plague me is whether I buy it to keep it, buy it to trade it, or buy it to sell it...

My typical action tends to be the middle of the three but I've sold things on the evilBay before, (not that I JUST purchased though), so I could do that too.

{internal mental wrestling continues...somehow I always lose...how does THAT work?}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank'n'stay View Post
Ahhhhh..... so this is an INVESTMENT.

My want/trade list...

Old July 16th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharles View Post
That occurred to me but I'm not much of a buy it to sell it sort of guy.

I don't know...I'm REALLY conflicted about it. I don't tend to spend a lot of frivolous money but when I get into somethin' sometimes I tend to go a bit overboard.

I guess the question I would have asked next is answered by your response...

Is it worth it?

Lharles
I recommend you start becoming a buy it then sell it kind of guy then. Heck if you pieced it off to people on here it'd sell. Resale is part of the American way and if you bought it as others have said you'd easily get the money back if and when you sold it.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:05 PM

lharles Woo who?

That's your recommendation, eh?

I'll definitely take it under consideration.

I just noticed where you're located. I've got family in Morro Bay.

Lharles

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post

I recommend you start becoming a buy it then sell it kind of guy then. Heck if you pieced it off to people on here it'd sell. Resale is part of the American way and if you bought it as others have said you'd easily get the money back if and when you sold it.

R~

My want/trade list...

Old July 16th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

I agree with everyone else. Buy it, and sell off what you don't want. Oh, and how many packs of romans and orcs are you getting (from wave 1)? Because if it's 2 or more, I'd buy them if you didn't want them.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion