Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old April 25th, 2023, 12:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Martinex (GotG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
The wording here seems a little off. I think restructured a little it would read better and be slightly clearer.
Quote:
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Before or after an ordered activation with Martinex or an allied Pilot or Commander in the Guardians of the Galaxy faction, you may activate a different Guardians of the Galaxy ally within 5 clear spaces of Martinex or an allied Pilot or Commander within 5 clear spaces of Martinex, and you may not activate additional figures.
that changes the intent.

The intent is for the GotG Ally to be in range of Marinex or the pilot or the commander...

not that you activate an ally or a pilot or a commander near Martinex

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 25th, 2023, 12:55 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
The wording here seems a little off. I think restructured a little it would read better and be slightly clearer.
Quote:
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Before or after an ordered activation with Martinex or an allied Pilot or Commander in the Guardians of the Galaxy faction, you may activate a different Guardians of the Galaxy ally within 5 clear spaces of Martinex or an allied Pilot or Commander within 5 clear spaces of Martinex, and you may not activate additional figures.
that changes the intent.

The intent is for the GotG Ally to be in range of Marinex or the pilot or the commander...

That seems really confusing and jumbled there then because that's not at all how I read it
Old April 25th, 2023, 01:19 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
that changes the intent.

That seems really confusing and jumbled there then because that's not at all how I read it
It may be that you are thinking the bonding figure needs to be within 5 spaces of the figure revealing the OM and that's making your brain read it as wrong.

For an example of how it works though...

Say you reveal an OM on Charlie-27 (the GotG Pilot) and you activate him...then Nikki is 9 spaces from Charlie but only 4 away from Martinex...she's still in the bubble of being able to be activated because she is within 5 spaces of Martinex...even though she isn't 5 spaces from Charlie

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 25th, 2023, 01:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm, I do believe the current version would let you double activate the allied Pilot or Commander since it doesn't specify "different" for that part:

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Before or after an ordered activation with Martinex or an allied Pilot or Commander in the Guardians of the Galaxy faction, you may activate a different Guardians of the Galaxy ally within 5 clear spaces of Martinex or an allied Pilot or Commander, and you may not activate additional figures.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 25th, 2023, 01:26 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

This is one where bullets would make that easier to see at first readthrough

Bats' reword is better though.
Old April 25th, 2023, 01:38 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
This is one where bullets would make that easier to see at first readthrough

Bats' reword is better though.

Could you highlight what is different here than what is in the OP?

Old April 25th, 2023, 01:42 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

lol I didn't reword, just copied and pasted the OP for reference. I do think it *needs* a rewording, though, as the current version would allow you to have a double activation with the allied Pilot or Commander, which I'm pretty sure is not intended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 25th, 2023, 01:43 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
lol I didn't reword, just copied and pasted the OP for reference. I do think it *needs* a rewording, though, as the current version would allow you to have a double activation with the allied Pilot or Commander, which I'm pretty sure is not intended.
but it has "different" in the wording already. I guess I'm not understanding your issue.

Old April 25th, 2023, 01:44 PM

The different only applies to the GotG ally within 5 clear spaces

Old April 25th, 2023, 01:48 PM

Maybe something like this?

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Before or after an ordered activation with Martinex or an allied Pilot or Commander in the Guardians of the Galaxy faction, you may activate a different figure that is a Guardians of the Galaxy ally within 5 clear spaces of Martinex, is a Pilot, or is a Commander. You may not activate additional figures this turn.

Old April 25th, 2023, 01:58 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Before or after an ordered activation with Martinex or an allied Pilot or Commander in the Guardians of the Galaxy faction, you may activate a different figure that is a Guardians of the Galaxy ally within 5 clear spaces of Martinex, is a Pilot, or is a Commander. You may not activate additional figures this turn.
AH...

different in that sense is referring to different than Martinex so if the OM is on Charlie different doesn't necessarily mean "not Charlie" it means "not Martinex" there. Which is also wrong for the intent since if the OM is on Charlie for example, "Not Martinex" is wrong as he should be allowed in that example

I think actually you'd want this...now that I see your point.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Before or after an ordered activation with Martinex or an allied Pilot or Commander in the Guardians of the Galaxy faction, you may activate a different figure that is a Guardians of the Galaxy ally within 5 clear spaces of Martinex, is a Pilot, or is a Commander. You may not activate additional figures this turn

That way you can reveal the OM on Charlie and then Martinex can be that different GotG figure since Ally would lead you to the Martinex cannot be an ally to himself.

Old April 25th, 2023, 02:02 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Quote:

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
AH...

different in that sense is referring to different than Martinex so if the OM is on Charlie different doesn't necessarily mean "not Charlie" it means "not Martinex" there. Which is also wrong for the intent since if the OM is on Charlie for example, "Not Martinex" is wrong as he should be allowed in that example

I think actually you'd want this...now that I see your point.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
Before or after an ordered activation with Martinex or an allied Pilot or Commander in the Guardians of the Galaxy faction, you may activate a different figure that is a Guardians of the Galaxy ally within 5 clear spaces of Martinex, or is a Pilot, or is a Commander. You may not activate additional figures this turn

That way you can reveal the OM on Charlie and then Martinex can be that different GotG figure since Ally would lead you to the Martinex cannot be an ally to himself.
This reads a lot better.

I think I confused myself by trying to understand and then reading Bats' comment too

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database