Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old June 8th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
My "World Builder" idea!

Have you ever taken your Heroscape stuff to someone's house, and everyone is just dying to dive into those dice and start zapping? Gotta build that map first, right?

Well, one day I got a wild bug on the way to visit my brother for some Heroscape: Could I think of a quick way to start playing as we were building the map? So I came up with a "World Builder" idea. The idea works as follows:

(1) Take 3 of the large grass pieces and connect them on the narrow end to a 7-hex sand piece. The sand piece essentially serves as the center of the map, with the large pieces extending outwards.

(2) Each person drafts a 400 point army with the understanding that the following will happen: on Round 1, no more than 100 points can be put into play. On Round 2, you can add units from your draft as long as the total number on the field is no more than 200. Destroyed armies don't count in the total, and reinforcements are optional until round 4. On the third round, your total can't exceed 300. Finally, all remaining units come into play.

(3) Each player rolls a 20-sided die. The highest roll received a tree to designate that the player is the World Builder for that round.

(4) Place up to 100 points per (2) and play Round 1 normally.

(5) After the round and before placing reinforcements, the World Builder selects 25 points of terrain tiles. Each hex costs 1 point except for molten lava and water, which cost 2 each. The World Builder adds the pieces to the map with the following restrictions: no added terrain piece can be placed underneath or adjacent to any unit. After this, the World Builder tree is passed to the player on the left. Glyphs are also not put into play during the game.

(6) Place any reinforcements and proceed with Round 2.

Since my brother and I like to play mainly for fun, I didn't create any more rules than those.

The result: we had a BLAST! Since my brother had Microcorp Agents, he was trying to flood the map with water tiles. Being ranged units, they began hammering my Monks; so I started stacking a wall of tiles in front of my Monks to shield them until they could close in.

Yes, this can get really silly, so I propose the following additional rules to stabilize some of this:

(1) The builder must build the map in such a way that all hexes (except molten lava) are accessible to all units. Thus, you can't try to cut off an opponent's unit by burying it or surrounding it with lava.

(2) After the World Builder places his 25 points of terrain, the player to the left may place 10 points of terrain.

(3) If you're building the map with an eye towards creating a final, completed map to play the next game, the units you draft during your World Building game(s) can not be drafted by the same player during the more serious, completed game. This will prevent building the map for the units you are playing during the World Building game(s).

If you and your gaming companions are feeling frisky, give this a shot. My brother, nephew and I had a blast.

-David
Old June 8th, 2006, 11:49 PM

AwesomeCoolGuy has disabled reputation
Sounds like fun. I'll have to try that some time.
Old June 9th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I may give it a try. If so I'll post my thoughts.
Old June 9th, 2006, 10:41 AM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
sounds like a cool idea, i'll try it out too
Old June 9th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That's a really cool idea. I think my kids would like that.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old June 9th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing. This is going to tried out as soon as my group gets back together.

Newb.
Old June 9th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
this is an awesome idea.

i have been thinking about "draftable terrain" made up of predesigned module map sections (which would speed up the map building process, and even be a first step to a automated map building app).

but your idea is far more dynamic.
Old June 9th, 2006, 01:04 PM

daevablacc has disabled reputation
Great idea. Very creative.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions