Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old January 29th, 2017, 08:54 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Brute Gruts

The Book of Brute Gruts

C3V Wave 7 - Oreld's Orders - Orcs and Animata

Character Bio: The Orc armies of Grut are not known for orderliness or discipline. They are feared because of their savagery, and the most fearsome of all the fighters are assigned to the elite unit of Brute Gruts. The life of a member of the Brute Gruts is one to which all the Orcs aspire: nasty, brutish, and short.

The figures used for this unit are orc figures from the Dungeon Command Blood of Gruumsh set. They are named Orc Barbarian, Orc Chieftain, Orc Cleric of Gruumsh and Orc Drudge.

Special Powers:
Quote:
Bully:
When attacking a Common figure, Brute Gruts receive 1 additional attack die.

Berserker Frenzy:
Once per turn, after attacking with the Brute Gruts, you may place a Berserker Marker on this card to attack one additional time with the Brute Gruts. Subtract 1 from the Brute Gruts’ Defense value for each Berserker Marker on this card. A maximum of 3 Berserker Markers can be placed on this card.

Disengage:
Brute Gruts are never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Synergy Benefits Received

- GRIMNAK / TORNAK : Orc Warrior Enhancement
As Orc Warriors, Brute Gruts may benefit from Grimnak and Tornak’s ORC WARRIOR ENHANCEMENT attack and defense bonus.

- NERAK THE GLACIAN SWOG RIDER : Orc Defensive Aura 1
As Orcs, Brute Gruts may benefit from Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider’s ORC DEFENSIVE AURA 1.

- ORNAK : Orc Battle Cry Aura
As Orc Warriors, Brute Gruts may benefit from Ornak’s ORC BATTLE CRY AURA attack ability.

- HROGNAK : Orc Movement Aura
As Orcs, Brute Gruts may add to their move with Hrognak's ORC MOVEMENT AURA

Synergy Benefits Offered

- OTONASHI : Attack the Wild 2
As figures with a Wild personality, Brute Gruts are subject to Otonashi's ATTACK THE WILD 2 Attack bonus.

Power Ranking and Master Index
Berserk all day long with these guys. Not super consistent but at 65 points they will earn their place more often than not. B+

Last edited by superfrog; January 18th, 2019 at 02:25 PM.
Old January 29th, 2017, 09:09 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Brute Gruts

Looks good! These guys are cool!

One thing: As Warriors with a range of 1, Bahadur may be placed on Brute Gruts' Army Card post-death to give them +1 attack.
Old January 29th, 2017, 09:27 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Hm, I don't think this is worth mentioning. Bahadur can place his spirit on ''any Unique Army Card with a Range of 1'', it's not limited to warriors !

But thanks. I also think this squad looks very fun to play.
Old January 29th, 2017, 10:16 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simval View Post
Hm, I don't think this is worth mentioning. Bahadur can place his spirit on ''any Unique Army Card with a Range of 1'', it's not limited to warriors !

But thanks. I also think this squad looks very fun to play.
Well dang! I assumed because of the power's title... You know what they say about assuming.
Old January 30th, 2017, 12:10 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I brought these guys to my last tournament, when they were in this form but hadn't yet been released, and they were super fun. I hope people enjoy them as much as I did.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 30th, 2017, 11:50 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Can someone clarify which figures in the set are used for the unit? See abprices.com or CoolStuffInc.com links. I am pretty sure it is Orc Barbarian, Orc Chieftan, and Orc Cleric of Gruumsh, but not sure if the 4th figure is Orc Drudge or not (there are 2 of the Orc Drudge in the Blood of Gruumsh set). Using to update my Heroscape C3V & SoV Spreadsheet

Here is my comment from the blog post on them:
Quote:
Fun units. Unique Squads FTW. Will definitely be playing Sentinels of Grax - I already have the figures and they seem like a fun addition to any army.

I like the Brute Gruts too (I will proxy in home games with Hobbit/LOTR Heroclix Orcs, but might by the "official" set). However, I think they are better with Blade Gruts than Heavy Gruts, as most times I would rather have another squad of Heavies than the Brutes, but with Blades, you may need one squad of heavy hitters you want to add and you should have the points to add...
Interesting that all these units are Sharks or Menacers according to What's In an Order Marker

P.S. I will update my C3V/SoV cards @ 3/page PDF to add Wave 20/CV7 and SOV 2016 inductees once all of the wave is released.
Old January 30th, 2017, 11:59 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Can someone clarify which figures in the set are used for the unit? See abprices.com or CoolStuffInc.com links. I am pretty sure it is Orc Barbarian, Orc Chieftan, and Orc Cleric of Gruumsh, but not sure if the 4th figure is Orc Drudge or not (there are 2 of the Orc Drudge in the Blood of Gruumsh set). Using to update my Heroscape C3V & SoV Spreadsheet

Here is my comment from the blog post on them:
Quote:
Fun units. Unique Squads FTW. Will definitely be playing Sentinels of Grax - I already have the figures and they seem like a fun addition to any army.

I like the Brute Gruts too (I will proxy in home games with Hobbit/LOTR Heroclix Orcs, but might by the "official" set). However, I think they are better with Blade Gruts than Heavy Gruts, as most times I would rather have another squad of Heavies than the Brutes, but with Blades, you may need one squad of heavy hitters you want to add and you should have the points to add...
Interesting that all these units are Sharks or Menacers according to What's In an Order Marker

P.S. I will update my C3V/SoV cards @ 3/page PDF to add Wave 20/CV7 and SOV 2016 inductees once all of the wave is released.
That is correct.

Orc Barbarian
Orc Chieftain
Orc Cleric of Gruumsh
Orc Drudge
Old January 30th, 2017, 02:00 PM

Thanks guys. I'll add that info to the OP.
Old February 5th, 2017, 09:23 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Does anyone know if the other 8 figures found in the Blood of Gruumsh box set are going to be used for future inductees?
Old February 5th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

All of them, yes. There's a thread where we announce minis and we claimed the whole box.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 5th, 2017, 09:25 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
Does anyone know if the other 8 figures found in the Blood of Gruumsh box set are going to be used for future inductees?
There's a thread for unreleased VC figures @Dad_Scaper , your the one that comes to mind for directing to said thread with a link.

EDIT: Wow, he ninja'd me before I could call on him. I didn't even fly the bat signal.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 5th, 2017, 10:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

These guys look like they are gonna be a lot of fun if you were to use them as a shock force with some Heavies. Maybe you can rush them in during the first few turns of the game, simply trying to hit everything as much as they can (and while the opponent is still preparing). I think they can also be used as a cleanup crew. Unlike the Blades and Heavies, these fellas aren't crippled when their Champions die off. Any chance they can enjoy a Champion's bonus though, they should take it. Especially defensive boons.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs