Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Your usage of heroscape components has this to say about you...
I'm a PURIST and if it didn't come from Hasbro it doesn't touch my tiles 22 43.14%
I'm like the BORG, I assimilate other systems into 'scape varients 10 19.61%
I'm a HIPPY, believe in free love and share my 'scape terrain/minis with other games 9 17.65%
I'm a GAWD so I "fixed" the default 'scape rules and play a superior form of the game 3 5.88%
I'm CONFUSED, there were rules in the boxes? 0 0%
I'm a STATISTICAL ERROR here to thwart your results 7 13.73%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 12th, 2006, 04:24 PM

Methuselah has disabled reputation
What do you use your 'scape terrain and minis for?

I've been going through my stash of other mini games and contemplating which ones would be able to make use of the modular goodness that is 'scape hex terrain. Necromunda, Mordhiem, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy Skirmish, Battletech and Heavy Gear are all games that I envision being to play on 'scape terrain with little modification to the original games' rules. I've read through alot of the custom threads and I see several people have rule variants or use custmized minis but haven't seen much mention of actually using other systems outside of heroclix or D&D minis.

So the question is how do you use your 'scape terrain and/or minis? Do you make other rule systems into a set of variant rules or just slightly modify the existing ones? In other words do you play varient scape or just play on the terrain?
Old October 12th, 2006, 05:26 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
I will definitely use my 'scape terrain for the next time I get in the mood for Battletech. It's really too bad. About 3-4 months before I was assimilated into the Heroscape Collective, I had some guys at work use our CNC machine to cut a big sheet of sintra (a plastic similar to wood) into hexes for Battletech. They worked beautifully, but they don't look anywhere near as good as the Heroscape terrains so they probably won't get much use.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old October 12th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I'm a purist. Except for Customs, but those don't really count.
Old October 12th, 2006, 06:18 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
I'm a PURIST. I don't like costom pieces on my board. It's fine if other people want to do it, but I'm not.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old October 12th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
CBT, Melee, barricades against the zombie army outside my door....err no....sorry, Ogre (the board game), others that might come up. I originally bought the HS stuff for CBT but HS was so much fun, I now play it more now than any other game.

Newb.
Old October 12th, 2006, 08:08 PM

Dragonslayer is surprisingly tart
Purist at games, not so much at pics...

Old October 12th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I use my HS stuff for HS, duh. I guess that makes me a "purist"
Old October 12th, 2006, 08:33 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Hippy, and the only time I'll ever want to be associated with that word

Not that I *have* other games to mix-n-match, but I'd certainly be willing to. I do have a few custom pieces, though...
Old October 12th, 2006, 10:46 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
If the game uses hexes, I'll use my tiles for it.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old October 12th, 2006, 11:04 PM

Zeek Woo who?
Hex Command Nova, a great little set of hex based Mecha rules. That and some battletech or cav figs, and your all set to play on your heroscape-tech terain.

here is a link to the rules.

http://www.imagineimage.org/products/hcn.pdf

"HeroScape is the Destination." Revdyer Fri Jan 04, 2008.

My customs!
Old October 13th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I have used them for D&D and Battletech too so far.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old October 13th, 2006, 11:31 AM

spleek has disabled reputation
I wish I had my HS sets when we used to play massive Battletech battles, all I had then was one box of GroxBlox that I found at my local comic shop. Nowadays it seems hard to get a game of BT finished with my ADD group of players .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion