Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 11th, 2010, 11:20 AM
something

noodles knows what's in an order marker noodles knows what's in an order marker
Question about D&D Scape Minis

Ok, I know I read about this months ago but I just finally got my D&D master sets and the first thing that I overwhelmingly noticed is that the minis are really small. Why are the scale of these figures not in scale with the rest of the figures?

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old March 11th, 2010, 11:34 AM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!
Re: Question about D&D Scape Minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Ok, I know I read about this months ago but I just finally got my D&D master sets and the first thing that I overwhelmingly noticed is that the minis are really small. Why are the scale of these figures not in scale with the rest of the figures?
Because they're from a different game?

They're not really that bad though. They are the appropriate height in hexes which is the only thing that could affect gameplay. They seem to have thinner limbs and such but its really just an aesthetic thing. There are some figures that kind of push the envelope though. Like Migol (H3) is the same height as Darrak (H4.) But Migol is big for a H3 figure and Darrak is small for a H4 figure.

They picked the minis that best fit the HS scale. There are some DnD figures that really wouldn't work.
Old March 11th, 2010, 11:36 AM
A Robot in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

They're not to scale with real Heroscape figures because they aren't Heroscape figures, merely reused DnD Minis.

Edit: Ninja'd

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 11th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

And they all come from different worlds than the rest of the HS minis. Different planets may have different average sizes, so they are, in fact in scale with everything else.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old March 11th, 2010, 12:28 PM

AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby! AMIS rolls all skulls baby!

I haven't seen these so take the following for what it's worth, but aren't Drow meant to be thin and slight of build?

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.
Old March 14th, 2010, 04:10 AM
something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
And they all come from different worlds than the rest of the HS minis. Different planets may have different average sizes, so they are, in fact in scale with everything else.
I'm going to use this answer for every heroscape question I get from this point forward. This will go for every question about minis or terrain.

Old March 14th, 2010, 05:56 AM

ranoobu is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
I'm going to use this answer for every heroscape question I get from this point forward. This will go for every question about minis or terrain.
here here!
Old March 14th, 2010, 09:32 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Really the only figure I have a problem with, scale-wise, is Othkurik. For heroscape, he is a rrrreeeeeaaaaalllllyyyy small dragon.
Old March 14th, 2010, 10:18 AM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
Really the only figure I have a problem with, scale-wise, is Othkurik. For heroscape, he is a rrrreeeeeaaaaalllllyyyy small dragon.
But he's not an adult dragon. Dragons grow larger when they get older, just like everything else. So really, he's in scale. He wouldn't be if he was an adult dragon.
Old March 14th, 2010, 10:18 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
He's a "Young" dragon, according to his card.

And I honestly never noticed the size difference before. Maybe it has something to do with me only seeing the figures at my friend's house.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old March 14th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There isn't a significant size difference except for the thickness of the arms and legs, most notably on the drow, who are supposed to be sleek and slender anyway.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 15th, 2010, 12:34 PM
something

Quote:
Well actually this dragon is from a different world and average sizes of dragons on that world are smaller than normal. This means that this dragon is in fact to scale with everything else.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion