Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 28th, 2008, 02:02 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Dallas "Epic" Game Day (July 27) - RULES & ARMIES ON P1

You and your team did.

Sorry your daughter got hurt.

Funrun, thanks for putting this on for us. I enjoyed it.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 28th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ry, I saw her at lunch and she was all smiles. She's wearing a little soft cast and playing like nothing is wrong. Thankfully it was nothing too bad apparently.

Funrun does deserve major kudos. When I told my wife what was provided she said Funrun had "hooked it up".

So did Dr. L and Rym for supplying terrain and figures. You guys are awesome.

It was nice to meet some of you for the first time. And it was nice to see some of you again.

And I'd give a shout out to the guy from Austin, but I didn't catch his fake name. What's his handle here?

Last edited by markwars; July 28th, 2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old July 28th, 2008, 04:23 PM
DipStick

spiderM9 Woo who?

I'm the fake name from Austin

Whaaar's my piratin' outfit?
Old July 28th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It was good to meet you. Thanks for driving so far, and be sure to come back up for the big tourney in October.

Old July 28th, 2008, 04:50 PM
DipStick

spiderM9 Woo who?

I have to say that for anyone who considered coming to this event and didn't, you really missed out. This was the first time I ever went out to play HS with a bunch of people I had never met, and I'm very glad to have made the drive up the road. The Dallas crowd is a wonderful, diverse group of folks who made this a great event.

Funrun, thanks for hosting this, you did a great job pulling this all together. The burgers were terrific (post the secret formula please). Sorry again about the dip . Looks like Grungebob tagged me after all!

I learned a lot about the game (got a few whacks on the back of the head from GB along the way). The team format was fun.

I have a bunch of pictures that can help narrate the game a little, I'll post them tonight or tomorrow. I captured all of FR's "surprises". Funny how that word seems misused here. Like "surprise, my blue dragon is going to open up a can of whoop a** on all of you".

Old July 28th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderM9 View Post
I have to say that for anyone who considered coming to this event and didn't, you really missed out. This was the first time I ever went out to play HS with a bunch of people I had never met, and I'm very glad to have made the drive up the road. The Dallas crowd is a wonderful, diverse group of folks who made this a great event.

Funrun, thanks for hosting this, you did a great job pulling this all together. The burgers were terrific (post the secret formula please). Sorry again about the dip . Looks like Grungebob tagged me after all!

I learned a lot about the game (got a few whacks on the back of the head from GB along the way). The team format was fun.

I have a bunch of pictures that can help narrate the game a little, I'll post them tonight or tomorrow. I captured all of FR's "surprises". Funny how that word seems misused here. Like "surprise, my blue dragon is going to open up a can of whoop a** on all of you".
You know we love ya man! Just have to bust your balls over the whole dip debacle.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 28th, 2008, 06:55 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was at the event, and I missed the dip. What happened?

Or was that the loud CRASH we heard from the kitchen?

Old July 28th, 2008, 07:13 PM
DipStick

spiderM9 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
You know we love ya man! Just have to bust your balls over the whole dip debacle.
It's a well deserved title. I'll wear it with honor! And yes, Cheddar, the CRASH and resulting pile of glass encrusted goo was all on me.

Old July 28th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Man, 59 posts and a title already! That is indeed impressive, spiderM9.

And by the way, thanks to Grungebob yesterday for the Woo. Outside of the wonderful games with everyone, that was my highlight.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old July 28th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Man, 59 posts and a title already! That is indeed impressive, spiderM9.

And by the way, thanks to Grungebob yesterday for the Woo. Outside of the wonderful games with everyone, that was my highlight.
Jealous over a title *tisk tisk* Well Ill just have to correct that.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you funrun!

That was a hoot!

Highlights of my day included:

Funrun's maniacal grin every time she opened that cigar box of doom to inflict another "surprise" on us.

Tmac's dad throwing his Airborne Elite's grenades and blowing up close to 400 points of blastatrons/gladiatrons thereby insuring his and his son's victory over yours truly in our grudge match. It really hurt...

Meeting and playing with Chedder Limbo and spiderM9.

I know Chedder Limbo and I (well really just Chedder Limbo since all my guys were long dead) would have completely annihilated rym/Podwest's army in that first part of the epic battle if we had been allowed to finish!

My little arrow grut that took out Sir Dupuis, 2 Armocs, a Venoc, and a Elite Onyx Viper all by himself before finally falling.

The look on the Apartment Manager's face as she led a tour through the club house for prospective tenants. "And here we have the pool table, which is covered in...Well I don't know what this is, but these people sure seem to be enjoying it..."

The look on DflynSql's face after witnessing the frenzy dance.

Getting revenge on the Tmac father/son combo in the 3rd part of the epic battle with the Aubrien Archers and the frenzy dance!

Funrun's hamburgers totally living up to their hype.

Helping my team collect 7 glyphs to help us in the final battle...

...only to have to switch sides in the final battle and get incredibly hosed by those same glyphs.

Getting SpiderM9's Nilf down to one wound only to watch Strange pull out the healing glyph, when I knew he was going to pull it out, completely heal SpiderM9's Nilf and take out my beloved Braxas--well like I said we got hosed pretty bad.

So bad that funrun had the Silver Surfer mysteriously appear (ala Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull) to aid us in the final hour. But even that was not enough.

Funrun looking at the tattered remains of Dflynsql's and my army in the final, shaking her head, and saying, "Wow, and I thought your army was going to win for sure..." Ouch.

It was an awesome day--Thank you funrun!
Old July 29th, 2008, 12:00 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
Thank you funrun!

That was a hoot!

Highlights of my day included:

Funrun's maniacal grin every time she opened that cigar box of doom to inflict another "surprise" on us.

Tmac's dad throwing his Airborne Elite's grenades and blowing up close to 400 points of blastatrons/gladiatrons thereby insuring his and his son's victory over yours truly in our grudge match. It really hurt...

Meeting and playing with Chedder Limbo and spiderM9.

I know Chedder Limbo and I (well really just Chedder Limbo since all my guys were long dead) would have completely annihilated rym/Podwest's army in that first part of the epic battle if we had been allowed to finish!

My little arrow grut that took out Sir Dupuis, 2 Armocs, a Venoc, and a Elite Onyx Viper all by himself before finally falling.

The look on the Apartment Manager's face as she led a tour through the club house for prospective tenants. "And here we have the pool table, which is covered in...Well I don't know what this is, but these people sure seem to be enjoying it..."

The look on DflynSql's face after witnessing the frenzy dance.

Getting revenge on the Tmac father/son combo in the 3rd part of the epic battle with the Aubrien Archers and the frenzy dance!

Funrun's hamburgers totally living up to their hype.

Helping my team collect 7 glyphs to help us in the final battle...

...only to have to switch sides in the final battle and get incredibly hosed by those same glyphs.

Getting SpiderM9's Nilf down to one wound only to watch Strange pull out the healing glyph, when I knew he was going to pull it out, completely heal SpiderM9's Nilf and take out my beloved Braxas--well like I said we got hosed pretty bad.

So bad that funrun had the Silver Surfer mysteriously appear (ala Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull) to aid us in the final hour. But even that was not enough.

Funrun looking at the tattered remains of Dflynsql's and my army in the final, shaking her head, and saying, "Wow, and I thought your army was going to win for sure..." Ouch.

It was an awesome day--Thank you funrun!
The BOLD parts are my favorates.

Hey what about my Romans and Gladiators taking down the other third of u're army?

(cough coughosed)

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society." ~ Mark Twain

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events