Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 10th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

The Seventh (A Parker Novel) by Richard Stark

Old December 10th, 2009, 12:43 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Finished S. M. Stirlings The Sword of the Lady...and just started Flashforward by Robert Sawyer. Its the book that inspired the series that on ABC. I curious about the similarities and differences between the show and the book.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 10th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just finished _Well of Ascension_ by Brandon Sanderson. He's my favorite new(ish) writer at the moment.

~Aldin,

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:06 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I got the pleasure of reading Alas, Babylon for school. GREAT book. Pat Frank's a great author.
Old December 10th, 2009, 02:11 PM

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
I got the pleasure of reading Alas, Babylon for school. GREAT book. Pat Frank's a great author.
Elffy, I read that one for a College "Fantasy and Science Fiction" course I agree it was a pretty good book.

C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:06 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Reading the Wheel of Time series from Robert Jordan.

Excellent series. I remember starting it some 12 years ago, but since I forgot where I finished I started from the beginning again. Its been so long I hardly remember anything so it is like reading it anew.

Kicks the LOTR books rear end IMO.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post

Excellent series. I remember starting it some 12 years ago, but since I forgot where I finished I started from the beginning again. Its been so long I hardly remember anything so it is like reading it anew.

I loved the mythology of the world. However, I hated that entire books passed by with nothing happening. I gave up around book 5 i think when I finished a 20 page horse ride in which nothing literally happened at all and gave up.

Which is sad, because if he could have tightened up his writing I think I could have stuck with it.

Was the series ever finished, wasn't sure if he died before concluding the series or not.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post

I loved the mythology of the world. However, I hated that entire books passed by with nothing happening. I gave up around book 5 i think when I finished a 20 page horse ride in which nothing literally happened at all and gave up.

Which is sad, because if he could have tightened up his writing I think I could have stuck with it.

Was the series ever finished, wasn't sure if he died before concluding the series or not.
Jordan never finished, but he did leave tons of notes behind and the author of the Mistborn series, Brandon Sanderson, is writing the last three books. The newest book, The Gathering Storm released just recently.

Old December 10th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Jordan never finished, but he did leave tons of notes behind and the author of the Mistborn series, Brandon Sanderson, is writing the last three books. The newest book, The Gathering Storm released just recently.
Cool.....I might go through some cliff notes essentially and see if his writing style clicks more for me, because I really did like the "world".

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:43 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Finished S. M. Stirlings The Sword of the Lady...and just started Flashforward by Robert Sawyer. Its the book that inspired the series that on ABC. I curious about the similarities and differences between the show and the book.
I can't wait to read The Sword of the Lady! Was it good? I loved the rest of those books, particularly the first trilogy.

Just finished Stephen King's Under the Dome. I thought it was his best since The Stand, and nearly as long as the uncut version of the latter. This book was very fast paced for such a long work. The characters are great and the action never lets up. Some were disappointed with the ending but I thought it was great.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Dr Feelgood

That's already in my Library queue

Reading Paul of Dune right now, by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson.

Mostly a filler book, good but nothing major, filling in the gap between the first and second Dune book.

Old December 10th, 2009, 03:56 PM

Hal0fan117 is surprisingly tart

Personally, I thought "The Gathering Storm" was the best one yet. But then, I liked the whole series. Descriptive passages of nothing are great for me. But, if you do get bored reading, "WOT Encyclopaedia" is a great website that includes summaries of every chapter and notes at the bottom.

2013, Still alive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books