Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 16th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
Re: Evolution vs Creation, Youtube series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Yeah! I'm Here View Post
As for Bannister, I kind of take it on faith. Like God is omnipotent and infinite, right? Well, his day could be forever longer than ours, and since the world was created in 7 days, who's days was it?
But see that is your problem, 7 days as currently observable is well, 7 days, or if you will, 7 consecutive 24 hour periods. If, before God created the universe a day was something different than 24 hours, then you have stepped out of science and into faith. We must create assumptions about what does a "God Day" equal? Does a "God Day" equal a thousand years? A million? A billion? These answers are unknowable, unobservable and untestable.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister View Post
Quote:
As for Bannister, I kind of take it on faith. Like God is omnipotent and infinite, right? Well, his day could be forever longer than ours, and since the world was created in 7 days, who's days was it?
But see that is your problem, 7 days as currently observable is well, 7 days, or if you will, 7 consecutive 24 hour periods. If, before God created the universe a day was something different than 24 hours, then you have stepped out of science and into faith. We must create assumptions about what does a "God Day" equal? Does a "God Day" equal a thousand years? A million? A billion? These answers are unknowable, unobservable and untestable.

Bannister
Yes, and as I said, I take this on faith. It is what I choose to believe, because I believe in God, but I see the huge evidence science has, and I am torn to believe both. This is my ultimatum. It keeps me happy at night, and I like it that way.

I'm a F18, bro.
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:30 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Why is God and science not compatible? I have decided in part to believe in God because of evidence I've read about and/or seen.
I agree with ABOM.
Are there any strong arguments against your evidences?
You mean can our evidence be disproven? Or do you mean why do we believe the way we do?
The former. Have you researched the evidence against your evidence?
I am doing that now. As for Bannister, I kind of take it on faith. Like God is omnipotent and infinite, right? Well, his day could be forever longer than ours, and since the world was created in 7 days, who's days was it?
Nope, seven, 24 hour days. (Well, technically 6 days, #7 was His day off).

Don't ask me why I know, I don't even remember. I think the original Hebrew used a word that specified 24 hours or something. You'd have to ask someone else.
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The original text of the Bible reads 'yom' for day. In Hebrew, 'yom' is a definite 24 hour period.
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I may be wrong here, but is it true that the creation was tacked on sometime in the 15th century? Or at least later than the rest of the old testament?
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
I may be wrong here, but is it true that the creation was tacked on sometime in the 15th century? Or at least later than the rest of the old testament?
Nope, not true. "In God We Trust" wasn't added to coins until 1954, though...

ETA: Gulp corrected me, I was thinking of the Pledge of Allegiance.

Last edited by dok; November 16th, 2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Nope, not true. "In God We Trust" wasn't added to coins until 1954, though...
Hmmm. See, I know people have said that it was added later but I never did know if it was true. I tried searching around on google just now but I couldn't get the search terms just right
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:07 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
The original text of the Bible reads 'yom' for day. In Hebrew, 'yom' is a definite 24 hour period.
Then that would mean that Gap theory is dead in the water.
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These are tangentially related, but interesting.

From Wikipedia:

In God We Trust is the official motto of the United States and the U.S. state of Florida. The motto first appeared on a United States coin in 1864 during strong Christian sentiment emerging during the Civil War, but In God We Trust did not become the official U.S. national motto until after the passage of an Act of Congress in 1956.[1][2] It is codified as federal law in the United States Code at 36 U.S.C. 302, which provides: "In God we trust" is the national motto".

From Wiki:
"Under God" was officially incorporated into the Pledge of Allegiance in 1954. The man to first initiate the addition of "under God" to the Pledge was Louis A. Bowman (1872-1959). The National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution gave him an Award of Merit as the originator of this idea.[7][8] He spent his adult life in the Chicago area and was Chaplain of the Illinois Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. At a meeting on February 12, 1948, Lincoln's Birthday, he led the Society in swearing the Pledge with two words added, "under God." He stated that the words came from Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. He repeated his revised Pledge at other meetings.

ONE MORE EDIT: In the first link, you'll be able to click "On coins" and read the entire history of the phrase on coins. I kinda stumbled all over the place while making this post, but the info is there.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob

Last edited by Gulp; November 16th, 2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: I'm kind of an idiot sometimes.
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:36 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
No, if you want mind blowing.....deal with this... completely proven without a doubt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:50 PM

Hal0fan117 is surprisingly tart

I think the answer to the double slit experiment is simple. When you watch, the wave collapses, right?

I think that when there's no one watching, the gnomes come out and screw with the experiment.

Another mind blowing phenomenon, or conspiracy theory or whatever, is the Philadelphia Experiment. It's pretty cool.

Recently, they've developed a material that decreases the wave frequency of the color red, rendering it invisible to human eyes.

Just thought I'd share. *Goes to finish watching more videos about double slit experiment*

2013, Still alive.
Old November 16th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That double-slit experiment freaks me out.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General